The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Chit Chat
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-23-2008, 03:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I just made it back from the funeral home, where I had to make the burial plans...

Nothing feels as final as that...

I lost all belief in this life...

Oct.22nd now haunts me two-fold: My father Geary Allen Johnson Sr. died on this day and now my ex-wife Debbie Ann Johnson

What is wrong with this world I reside in? Does God contiually toss more weight onto my shoulders to make me into a modern day version of Job?

Seat-belts don't save...Not in this case:

"She was wearing her seatbelt....BUT, that was a hinderance. With her position in the car, which was upside down on it's roof, the seatbelt cut off her breathing and she aphixated. Had someone seen the accident or arrived upon it immediately there-after she could have been pulled from the car and survived with only scrapes and two-minor lacerations on her arms" - M.E.

If I live to see Oct.22,2009 THAT WILL BE A MIRACLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Brian "I have become COMFORTABLY NUMB" j.
Old 10-23-2008, 03:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by estranged4life View Post
I just made it back from the funeral home, where I had to make the burial plans...

Nothing feels as final as that...

I lost all belief in this life...

Oct.22nd now haunts me two-fold: My father Geary Allen Johnson Sr. died on this day and now my ex-wife Debbie Ann Johnson

What is wrong with this world I reside in? Does God contiually toss more weight onto my shoulders to make me into a modern day version of Job?

Seat-belts don't save...Not in this case:

"She was wearing her seatbelt....BUT, that was a hinderance. With her position in the car, which was upside down on it's roof, the seatbelt cut off her breathing and she aphixated. Had someone seen the accident or arrived upon it immediately there-after she could have been pulled from the car and survived with only scrapes and two-minor lacerations on her arms" - M.E.

If I live to see Oct.22,2009 THAT WILL BE A MIRACLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Brian "I have become COMFORTABLY NUMB" j.
hang in there brian, i know that sounds so cliche' & i don't mean it to be~ you 2 didn't deserve an ending like this, i am sad & pissed at the world right now for letting this happen~ i am very happy for you tho, that you spent her last days on life together~ that is comforting to me & i hope it is for you~ bless both of you~ you both have touched many lives~
bless you friend~
Old 10-23-2008, 03:40 PM
Ledgie

I didn't read this thread as I thought it was the same as other prayer request threads.

Sorry to hear about what happened.
Old 10-23-2008, 03:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Brian,

I am truly sorry for your loss.
Old 10-23-2008, 04:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Brian,

It is definitely a shock. I am so sorry. It sounds like a bad dream, but unforutnately, it isn't.

Life is not fair. I believe in the spirit world and believe that everything happens for a reason. I am not wise enough to know what those reasons are.

Know that you are not alone and please do not despair. I know how easily despair approaches. You have lots of friends. Count me in as one of them.

May you find peace in your soul. I am lighting a candle for you.
Old 10-23-2008, 05:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Holy focking crap. Grab sanity in your love for music, buddy, you're in my thoughts...

Old 10-23-2008, 05:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Dear God Brian, this is shocking and I am so sorry... Please don't fade away. I know it's hard but you've got to try and stay in touch with people now. You are in my thoughts and prayers. Please let me know if there is anything I can do for you my friend.
Old 10-23-2008, 05:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Thanks...

I just had to call the wrecker service to give my approval for her personal belongings to be retrieved...

The car hit a culvert, went 115 feet in the air and landed on its top...The person I spoke to said "it was VERY bad"

OHP thinks she may have had a 'medical incident' which led to the crash...An autopsy is pending.

I am numb...I have now lost 2 people who meant so much in my world on the date Oct.22nd...

I could die now...
I don't know if this bit of information is in any way helpful to you but my mother and brother died on the same day, 11 years apart, November 21st. You are not alone.
Old 10-23-2008, 06:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Very, very sorry to hear this. You and Debbie will both be in my prayers.
Old 10-23-2008, 10:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Brian, I'm so sorry you're going through this.
I pray that God will help you.
Old 10-23-2008, 10:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
because last night I had to endure the worst feeling one can suffer through in their entire lives.

About a week ago my former wife Debbie and myself started talking about a reconciliation, and we started down that road over the weekend when I decided to move back home to be with her. All was happy and things were going great for us, we were happy as we once were years ago and life was to be great...

But last night at about 12am I heard a commotion outside the house (We lived on a "Dead End Street") but didnt think much of it. Theen I heard car door slam....Still thinking nothing of it. I decided to go check out the kitchen window to see who was making that noise outside.

I noticed a Carnegie PD patrol car and a OHP (Oklahoma Highway Patrol) outside and remembered what Debbie had told me just a few days earlier about how the Carnegie PD had someone stopped at the intersection just down the street. So I assumed that they had once again had someone stopped and decided "Eh, No big deal..." and I sat back down at the computer desk to finish a CDR I was working on...

When I heard a knock on the door, and not the type one wants to hear at this time of the night, especially when one had seen patrolmen outside their home. I jumped up to the door and said "Hold on a second" - so I could unlock the door and turn on the porch light.

I was asked by one patrolman to identify myself, Which I did, thinking to myself "Am I going to be arrested?". The officer then asked me if I knew a Debbie Johnson...And I knew exactly where this was going once the officers asked if they could come inside, they had news to tell me that they HATE delivering...

About 10:43pm last night Debbie was driving to work in my 2003 Pontiac Grand Prix when something happened to cause her to leave the road about 2 miles West of the town of Verden...The car rolled and she died at the scene

How could this happen to me? Why did this happen to me? Why did some unknown force decide to flatten my soul EXACTLY to the day 31 years later after my Dad's death on October 22,1977? Why was she taken from me just as we were to re-new our lives? How am I supposed to go forward in this life when the person who knew me best has passed beyond my grasp? WHY? WHY? WHY?

I am at a loss for words...I am sitting in this house alone with only the memories to haunt me.

If you don't see me on the Ledge in the foreseeable future, you will know why. My soul has been damaged beyond repair.
Brian..... I do not even know what to say...... I am so so sorry... and I know that means nothing right now.... but you are in my thoughts and prayers..... I just want you to know that I'll be thinking of you... but beyond that, I do not know what to say....

I am so sorry.
Old 10-23-2008, 10:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Brian,

I am without words. You have my condolences.
Please, please hang in there and hold your head up high. This is what your loved ones, past and present, want for you.

With sympathy-
Richard
Old 10-23-2008, 11:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard B View Post
Please, please hang in there and hold your head up high. This is what your loved ones, past and present, want for you.
This is the most important thought of all.
They want you to go on.
Please do it to the very very best of your ability. It's something you can do for them as well as yourself.
Old 10-24-2008, 12:46 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Brian, all I can say to you is that 5 years ago I lost someone that was very dear to me, a great aunt, and I ended up in the hospital for a week and nearly died after a suicide attempt. BELIEVE ME, I know at least in a small way what you are going through.
Old 10-24-2008, 12:54 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm still here and awake, took a pill to help me sleep after the stress of this day...

I am actually the most spent mentally I have been ever in my adult life....

Running on just sheer will to hang in there and not quit...

I have my brother and family here with me, so I am fine I guess...

Mentally I am damaged, and this latest tragedy in my life has possibly pushed me over the edge, but I cling to that 'ledge' (Uh, No pun intended) with my fingers in hope I can pull myself up and over onto solid ground.

Debbie wouldnt want me to quit, nor would my Mom (If I harmed myself, Who would be waiting for me on the other side other than Mom, Who would kick my ass so hard that I would wear my ass as a hat and be a true asshat) so I try to hang in there best I can...

As the song goes "All I Can Do is Write About It"