Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 02-19-2004, 03:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Re: Wait a minute...

Quote:
Originally posted by wondergirl9847
We're not supposed to sacrifice animals?
God required animal sacrifices so that man could receive forgiveness for their sins in Leviticus 4:35 and Leviticus 5:10.

Here is a website http://www.gotquestions.org/animal-sacrifices.html

save the cheerleader - save the world

Last edited by strandinthewind; 02-19-2004 at 03:56 PM..
Old 02-19-2004, 03:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Wink LOL

I was joking, strand.
Old 02-19-2004, 03:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Re: LOL

Quote:
I was joking, strand.
Oops!!!!!!

Old 02-19-2004, 03:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thumbs down I am sick...

of hearing abut this movie each night on the local tv stations (Along with how the religious a-holes here in Oklahoma want marriage to be between a man & woman only, Which is another story), Seems all-of-the-sudden the news channels here have become even more obsessed with religion.

I am not RELIGIOUS or have ANY religious affiliations of ANY type (I even REFUSED to be married in a church because of my non-religious views...I believe in a "higher power", just not one that cares about the $$$ in my bank account like others do in this hell-hole called "O-k-l-a-h-o-m-a"!!!) nor do I actually care to see this movie...But being Anti-Semitic is absolute utter B.S.!!!

Brian "When all is said and done...I will be burning in hell" j.

"To acknowledge death is to accept freedom and responsibility."

"Fleetwood Mac and its fans remind me of a toilet plunger...keep bringing up old sh*t..."
Old 02-19-2004, 04:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Default BWAH!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by strandinthewind
Oops!!!!!!
Sokay.

I though the winky at the top and the wait a minute was enough.

I should have put in a .
Old 02-19-2004, 04:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Re: BWAH!!!

Quote:
Sokay.

I though the winky at the top and the wait a minute was enough.

I should have put in a .
LOL - I was like going into explanation mode!!!

Also, Brian - I agree with ya there and will pass you a bucket of water in Hell

Old 02-19-2004, 04:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Default AMEN!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by estranged4life
I believe in a "higher power", just not one that cares about the $$$ in my bank account

But being Anti-Semitic is absolute utter B.S.!!!
You can have 1 penny or a trazillion in your bank account, dudn't matter. God said our riches are stored in Heaven, not here.

Hating Jews is BS and hating anyone is BS. We are supposed to love everyone, including our enemies.
Old 02-19-2004, 04:06 PM

Default Re: Re: GREAT question to ask God, JS!!!

Quote:
Genesis 4:16 And Cain went out from the presence of the LORD, and dwelt in the land of Nod, on the east of Eden.
He soon grew tired and his neck muscles stiffened.
Old 02-19-2004, 04:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Talking Re: AMEN!!!

Quote:
You can have 1 penny or a trazillion in your bank account, dudn't matter. God said our riches are stored in Heaven, not here.

Wished these IDIOTS here in the "Bible F--king Belt" would realize that too, BUT...

Brian " 'God said if I don't raise 7 million dollars he will call me home'...Hey Oral, Ya should've died already right? Btw, LOVED yer mansion in Tulsa" j.

"To acknowledge death is to accept freedom and responsibility."

"Fleetwood Mac and its fans remind me of a toilet plunger...keep bringing up old sh*t..."
Old 02-19-2004, 04:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Carne - I am pretty sure thousands of crucifixions took place under Pilate in that area of the world (Judea). So, it is possible that Jesus was cruicified by the Jews under Pilate
I am sharing, not preaching, and not arguing that anybody should have to defend his/her Scripture to me. It is highly unlikely that Jews murdered Jesus.
A few thoughts, my bias notwithstanding:
- Hundreds of thousands of Jews were crucified by the Romans.
- Crucifixion was a Roman practice, never a Jewish one.
- The Sanhedrin would not have been in session during the first days of Passover. Work is forbidden.
- Jesus committed no crime against the Jews. Calling yourself the messiah is not a crime under Jewish law, and Jesus lived at a time of many fringe movements. None of the many others who denied the authority of the Jerusalem Temple - from the Essenes, for example - is recorded as having been crucified by the Jews.
- The Jews would not have handed "one of their own" over to the Romans. The great majority hated the Romans, and even a "bad Jew" - which Jesus was not (at worst he was a very "Reform" Jew before his time) - is still considered to be within the faith. Jews had very little autonomy in government. To try a fellow Jew and then hand him over to the Romans would have set a precedent that the Jewish court had no authority to carry out its own sentencings after convictions.
- Jesus was sentenced to death on a charge against Rome.
- Under Jewish law, the death sentence was very difficult to execute. There had to be three different eyewitnesses, each of which had to prove he told the perpetrator that the crime was punishable by death before the crime happened. But that doesn't come up in the account of the Sanhedrin trial.
- The High Priest was a puppet of the Romans, not the other way around.
- Jason is correct in that the teachings that are credited to Jesus supercede the old covenant of the Jews at Sinai. Testament means covenant in the context of the New Testament. According to Jewish tradition, this teaching would not warrant stoning.
- Pontius Pilate was so cruel that even the Romans recalled him at one point. But according to the story he sure seems relatively soft on Jesus, a guy who was supposedly attempting to usurp his authority over the Jews.

Every religion demands a leap of faith. I respect yours. I just want to state a case against The Passion story as history. No disrespect intended. As Christy stated, none of us can know for sure.
Glad to be part of the discussion.

- Jake
Old 02-19-2004, 04:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Re: Re: Re: GREAT question to ask God, JS!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by CarneVaca
He soon grew tired and his neck muscles stiffened.
AAARRRRRGGGGHHHHHHHH

Also, Christy, I agree 100% in that God does not care about your pocketbook, etc. But, I think Brian J. was referring to people like Pat Robertson saying that he speaks to God and if you paind him some $$$$$ in a thing called "Operation Prayer Shield" he would tell God your prayer perhaps only in general. I mean puuuhhhhllleeezzzeee

Old 02-19-2004, 04:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Re: AMEN!!!

Quote:

Hating Jews is BS and hating anyone is BS. We are supposed to love everyone, including our enemies.
You hear that, Marissa? You HAVE to love me.

- Jake
Old 02-19-2004, 04:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by darklinensuit
I am sharing, not preaching, and not arguing that anybody should have to defend his/her Scripture to me. It is highly unlikely that Jews murdered Jesus.
A few thoughts, my bias notwithstanding:
- Hundreds of thousands of Jews were crucified by the Romans.
- Crucifixion was a Roman practice, never a Jewish one.
- The Sanhedrin would not have been in session during the first days of Passover. Work is forbidden.
- Jesus committed no crime against the Jews. Calling yourself the messiah is not a crime under Jewish law, and Jesus lived at a time of many fringe movements. None of the many others who denied the authority of the Jerusalem Temple - from the Essenes, for example - is recorded as having been crucified by the Jews.
- The Jews would not have handed "one of their own" over to the Romans. The great majority hated the Romans, and even a "bad Jew" - which Jesus was not (at worst he was a very "Reform" Jew before his time) - is still considered to be within the faith. Jews had very little autonomy in government. To try a fellow Jew and then hand him over to the Romans would have set a precedent that the Jewish court had no authority to carry out its own sentencings after convictions.
- Jesus was sentenced to death on a charge against Rome.
- Under Jewish law, the death sentence was very difficult to execute. There had to be three different eyewitnesses, each of which had to prove he told the perpetrator that the crime was punishable by death before the crime happened. But that doesn't come up in the account of the Sanhedrin trial.
- The High Priest was a puppet of the Romans, not the other way around.
- Jason is correct in that the teachings that are credited to Jesus supercede the old covenant of the Jews at Sinai. Testament means covenant in the context of the New Testament. According to Jewish tradition, this teaching would not warrant stoning.
- Pontius Pilate was so cruel that even the Romans recalled him at one point. But according to the story he sure seems relatively soft on Jesus, a guy who was supposedly attempting to usurp his authority over the Jews.

Every religion demands a leap of faith. I respect yours. I just want to state a case against The Passion story as history. No disrespect intended. As Christy stated, none of us can know for sure.
Glad to be part of the discussion.

- Jake
I was hoping you would jump in and thank you for the historical references in the Jewish faith. I, too, think there is something not quite right about the story of the persecution and subequent crucifixion in the four officially recognized Gospels. I think, as I mentioned, that was a conscious effort to draw the Romans into Christianity and forsake if you will the Jews who perhaps were seen as competing interest, etc.

Again, I find it all fascinating.

Old 02-19-2004, 04:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I was hoping you would jump in and thank you for the historical references in the Jewish faith. I, too, think there is something not quite right about the story of the persecution and subequent crucifixion in the four officially recognized Gospels. I think, as I mentioned, that was a conscious effort to draw the Romans into Christianity and forsake if you will the Jews who perhaps were seen as competing interest, etc.

Again, I find it all fascinating.
Not a competing interest, but you're close. I'll post on this again later when I have time.

- Jake
Old 02-19-2004, 04:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Default Televangelists...

Quote:
Also, Christy, I agree 100% in that God does not care about your pocketbook, etc. But, I think Brian J. was referring to people like Pat Robertson saying that he speaks to God and if you paind him some $$$$$ in a thing called "Operation Prayer Shield" he would tell God your prayer perhaps only in general. I mean puuuhhhhllleeezzzeee
BWAH to the neck joke!! Perhaps, he was a metalhead?

Anywho...yeah, the whole televangelist thing is a VERY touchy subject. I can see asking for money to send people overseas to preach the gospel and such, and also to help people in Africa who have AIDS and who are starving. I've given money to Operation Blessing, which sends food to starving countries. I don't do it often, just occasionally. I have also given money to send Bibles to other countries.

It's conflicting in these days....you wanna help in terms of food and people in pain with diseases, but then, there are people like Robert Tilton and Jim Bakker who steal. I just have to say, "Well, they have to face God."