Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > The Early Years
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-26-2003, 12:20 AM
Junior Ledgie

Default "Boston Blues" - Questions about this comp

Does anyone here know if the version of Rattlesnake Shake on this comp is from the first night of the Boston weekend, or the second?

I understand that this is a 2-CD comp of the 3 disc Tea Party remastered set. The tracklist on the website (snapper records) says "Vol 1 version", but someone on amazon.com who seems to know what he's talking about states that it is from the second night. I've read that the second night version is a bit looser (better).

Also, is there between song "banter" on this comp, like I've heard is on the 3 CD set?

Any help is appreciated.
Old 10-26-2003, 05:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Question

Sorry to get your hopes up with this reply but I don't know. It's hard to say if that Amazon guy "knew his stuff" or not because he also said "the "Encore Jam" with Joe Walsh and members of the James Gang has an additional 6 minutes over the jam issued with the "Boston Tea Party" discs" yet the time listing on this CD (according to a few sites I saw that listed times for it) list 12:45 for EC time & the Vol. 2 CD I have here lists EC as being 12:48 so either he DOES know his stuff and the time on the BB CD is wrong on the packaging and should say 19+ minutes for EC or he doesn't know his stuff. IF he doesn't know his stuff then I'd say it's the vol. 1 (the suppossedly worse) version as the track itself on my CD read out displays 24:38 from the vol. 1 CD (so basically the same as the RS time listed for BB) and I find most of those "redundant" Tea Party comps do cut out the between song banter (for the most part) anyways. In any event, do let me/us know here if you get this CD and find that the "Encore jam" is 19+ minutes (as the Amazon guy claims in a roundabout way) as I'll want to get the full version from that CD if it is! I'll keep digging and post about it here if I do find anything about which RS is on there though in the meantime.

John

Last edited by wetcamelfood; 10-27-2003 at 04:38 PM..
Old 10-26-2003, 11:47 PM
Junior Ledgie

Default Thanks!

Yes, my hopes were slightly raised when I saw there was a reply, but thanks for your post! It is helpful - if the running time on BB is the same as on your 1st night version, then that amazon guy is probably wrong. Although, how he could imagine an extra 6 minutes on the jam is beyond me.

That comp interests me because it has the same remastering job as the Tea Party set (of course, this is according to the same guy, but since it was put out by the same label (Recall, which is a sub of Snapper), I'm willing to believe that one).

If I find an answer I'll post here as well.