Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Lindsey Buckingham
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-02-2002, 12:06 AM
Junior Ledgie

Cool Re: Guitar

Can somebody tell me what style or brand of guitar Lindsey plays and if it is available
Old 06-02-2002, 01:29 AM
Addicted Ledgie

For live work:

His main electric guitar is a Turner Model 1-C (that he's been using since the beginning of the Tusk tour in 1979)...they're only available via special order through Rick Turner himself...they're not plentiful, and they're not cheap. In my opinion, they're one of the finest crafted guitars made (and that's a first-hand opinion, since I'm also a Turner Model 1 owner...you might be able to see mine in my avatar photo; but on second thought, it IS kind of a small photo! )

Prior to that, he used various Gibson Les Paul models...the one he was most associated with from 1975-78 was a white Les Paul Custom. But, he would use an early 60's Fender Stratocaster tuned in "drop D" tuning for "Over My Head" and an early '50's Fender Telecaster for "Monday Morning"...he used a Gibson ES-1275 early in the Rumours tour for "Oh Daddy".

In the studio: He uses so many different guitars, it's tough to keep track.

Acoustic guitars, live situations:

Early on he played Ovations, but starting with his "Out Of The Cradle" tour, he started using a Gibson Chet Atkins CE for "Big Love", "Never Going Back Again", "Go Insane", "Street Of Dreams" & "Soul Drifter".

During "The Dance" tour he used a Turner Renaissance RS-6 on "Sweet Girl" and an RN-6 for "Bleed To Love Her"; as well as the Chet Atkins for "Big Love" & "Go Insane". For "Over My Head", he used an Alvarez-Yairi, but I'm sorry, I don't know the model number. Nor do I know the model number of the Taylor he played on "Landslide".

On a couple of those "Behind The Music" type shows, he played a Martin (again, don't know exact model)

Hope this answers your question.

Check out:

http://www.lindseybuckingham.net

for more info on his guitars and other gear he uses.

Last edited by chiliD; 06-02-2002 at 01:33 AM..
Old 06-02-2002, 05:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Well, well ,well

Lindsey played a Taylor 814CE electro acoustic on the Dance version of Landslide.

ChiliD, I'm shocked that I know something about Lindsey's guitars that you don't! Ha!