Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-06-2016, 03:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

So the bashing starts slow this time:
From the New York times:
Quote:
Eight solo albums later, Ms. Nicks, 68, is preparing to go on the road in support of her most recent releases, “In Your Dreams,” from 2011, and the 2014 album “24 Karat Gold: Songs From the Vault,” a collection of tracks written mainly between 1969 and 1987. A 28-city tour with the Pretenders as special guests begins on Oct. 25 in Phoenix. “I just woke up one morning and said I have two years off before Fleetwood Mac comes knocking on my door [for another tour],” she said. “Why would I want to sit around and do nothing?”

What’s the difference between touring behind your solo work and touring with Fleetwood Mac?

Fleetwood Mac is a team, and when you’re on a team everybody has the same vote — except in this particular team Lindsey has a little bit of a stronger vote than anybody else. I love being part of a team. We argue all the time, but we always have. In my band, there is no arguing. I am the boss. My solo career is probably the reason Fleetwood Mac is still together in 2016, because I was always happy to leave Fleetwood Mac, and I was always happy to come back, too.

You have said you thought Lindsey would like “24 Karat Gold” because so many of the songs are about him. What was his reaction?

Well, I don’t know. I don’t even know if he ever listened to the record and, honestly, I don’t care. I gave up caring about how everybody else in Fleetwood Mac feels about my solo work a long time ago. It’s not their thing. If my feelings were ever hurt, it was after “Bella Donna,” when I didn’t feel that anybody even listened to it. That was in 1981.
She makes it seem like FM did not even approach her for a new album with them and of course Lindsey is the bad boy again while noone in the band cares for her. Sigh - that old stuff again?

Last edited by AncientQueen; 09-06-2016 at 03:35 PM..
Old 09-06-2016, 03:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

'My solo career is probably the reason Fleetwood Mac is still together in 2016'
Apologies in advance to anyone who may be autistic and takes this the wrong way... but is Stevie mildly autistic?
Old 09-06-2016, 03:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AncientQueen View Post
So the bashing starts slow this time:
From the New York times:

She makes it seem like FM did not even approach her for a new album with them and of course Lindsey is the bad boy again.
I guess I see your point to a degree. Fleetwood Mac came knocking with a vengeance and she said not now.
Old 09-06-2016, 03:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
'My solo career is probably the reason Fleetwood Mac is still together in 2016'
Apologies in advance to anyone who may be autistic and takes this the wrong way... but is Stevie mildly autistic?
The Dance saved Stevie's solo career, so that is wrong.
Old 09-06-2016, 03:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jondalar View Post
The Dance saved Stevie's solo career, so that is wrong.
I think she meant having her solo career as an outlet is what has made her stay with the band all these years, she can turn to her solo career to feel reinvigorated enough to go back to FM.
Also, something tells me Stevie is well aware The Dance was the pivotal moment in her/their careers.

Crystallineknowledge
Dedicated to Stevie.
Old 09-06-2016, 03:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danielle View Post
I think she meant having her solo career as an outlet is what has made her stay with the band all these years, she can turn to her solo career to feel reinvigorated enough to go back to FM.
Also, something tells me Stevie is well aware The Dance was the pivotal moment in her/their careers.
Sorry I for one really don't think that's what she meant at all.
Old 09-06-2016, 03:56 PM

I agree with Danielle, Stevie said that FM is still together because thanks to her having a solo career because she "was always happy to leave Fleetwood Mac, and was always happy to come back, too." that's pretty clear.
Old 09-06-2016, 04:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
Not quite. In the NY Times Article Stevie says she isn't going back to FM for 2 years, and then specifically states it'll be for a tour. In other words, she confirmed the Mac album Lindsey, Chris, Mick, and John started is dead, and there are no plans to resurrect it.
sure seems like, doesn't it??

And note the dig at Lindsey having a bigger vote than others..... well this is her way of saying, oh yea? You might have more sway in the band these days but I can still wield my power by just not participating at all. Then see how much your slight bigger vote is worth.

The usual bulls&t
Old 09-06-2016, 05:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDenimLamp View Post
And how did CM thank LB & SN for returning to FM after being away for years and making FM popular again??? Answer she quit!
Except that she had already quit touring after the 1990 tour and made it clear with "All Over Again" on "Time" in 1995 that she was done with Fleetwood Mac altogether. "The Dance" was always going to be her swansong with Fleetwood Mac. And then she retired from the music industry, her one-off solo album notwithstanding, after giving the band her blessing to continue on without her. She didn't leave them hanging. She wasn't ambiguous about her intentions. Just because they thought she'd come around after a few years off and that didn't happen can't be blamed on Christine.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 09-06-2016, 05:05 PM

I think everyone is making much noise about nothing, probably Stevie as always is just tossing around dates casually like she always does when she's talking about her solo career and Fleetwood Mac: "two/three years this, and then two/three years that" but the reality is that she doesn't really know.
Didn't Lindsey just said at the end of the last tour that Stevie seems to just like those numbers?
Old 09-06-2016, 05:11 PM

Seems to me there is subtext about working with Lindsey and FM. For her to say that she's done caring about what Lindsey and others think of her material uncovers what she's still feeling. When someone says they don't care what someone thinks, it usually means they care.

A lot of it has to do with her insecurity in the FMac creative process in which I think she still feels left out. Then after SYW, where you thought.. "hey a new B/N album. They can create an album with just the two of them!" Didn't quite turn out to be the love fest we thought it would... And watching the Destiny Rules, you can tell she has her own agenda. She'll make money writing about him, but she won't work with him.

She still has the right to do what she wants. I personally think she is surrounded by her staff and doesn't have any real friends. All business and no soul... Make your money, Stevie.. deep down inside you know you want to record that last album w/ FMac. Ah, the Rumours...
Old 09-06-2016, 05:15 PM

And just so you all know... I'm the reason Fleetwood Mac is still together. My presence on the ledge allows them to thrive.
Old 09-06-2016, 05:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

To an extent I'm disheartened that Stevie has taken this moment in time to pursue her solo career, especially when FM seemed so ready to record a new album and then tour behind it. I'll always be a FM fan first and foremost and was so ready for some new songs from them(the FIVE of them). So in the meantime, I'm just going to absorb this little burst of solo energy from Stevie, and the others if that's the case, and try to enjoy it. Maaaaaybe nobody will show up to see her on this tour and it'll be Stevie calling Mick up on New Year's Eve this time! Rock on and peace.
Old 09-06-2016, 05:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lulu28 View Post
Stevie isn't disrespecting Christine any more than Christine was disrespecting Stevie when she decided to take leave of the band for all of those years.
She didn't take a leave, she retired from the band (and music industry) and gave them her blessing to continue without her. Christine didn't hold the band up, she got out of their way.

Quote:
Christine disappeared into the English countryside and did what SHE wanted to do.
Again, she had retired, was very clear on her intentions, and encouraged the band to continue without her. She didn't hold them up or stifle them from pursuing creative endeavors ad a band.

Quote:
Stevie has a right to do what she wants, plain and simple.
Nobody's debating that. However, she has an obligation to be upfront with the band about how involved she'll be with Fleetwood Mac going forward.

Quote:
Christine made it plain that she is not a great friend to Stevie. Didn't she say in some interview that she didn't even talk to her during that time away? Yeah, some GREAT friend she was.........but that probably will be blamed on Stevie as well. I mean, she's the epitome of evil, right?
Huh? I don't think Christine kept in touch with anyone but Mick and, to a much lesser extent John. Christine was mostly a recluse and Stevie was always busy. I don't think that they had any ill will towards each other, but I also don't think they were ever best friends.

Quote:
Mick's doing the same thing and everyone isn't baby crying over that!
Only because Fleetwood Mac isn't doing anything right now . . .

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 09-06-2016, 05:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDenimLamp View Post
And how did CM thank LB & SN for returning to FM after being away for years and making FM popular again??? Answer she quit!
If you're fed up you quit. That's a harsh but honest decision.

It's her turn now, instead of letting them 'hang' with an almost finished album.