User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 12-11-2018, 07:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
Lindsey admitted asking for a delay (which is when I think the decision was made), and it obviously wasn’t happy, otherwise why fire someone?
I agree on the timing. I think this is more or less what happened:

1. In November 2017 Lindsey asks for delay, the band refuses, and he storms out of the band meeting. The band decides to fire him, but also decides to wait until after MusiCares to pull the trigger.

2. Lindsey meanwhile withdraws his request, but by then he is the proverbial dad man walking, as they have already decided to cut ties.

3. When fired, in Lindsey's mind it can't be on account of his insistence on a delay because he had since withdrawn that request, but in the band's mind November (not January) was when he was really fired.

4. The band cites his insistence on a tour delay to justify the firing, but is vague and misleading on the timeline. They say he wanted to wait a year, but it was a year from the band meeting, not a year from when they wanted to start touring. Stevie also says "next November" instead of "November 2018" or just "November," which leaves the door open to the inference that he wanted a delay of up to 19 months.

Wonder how things would have unfolded (including in the studio) had Lindsey let Sheryl Crow into the band in 2008 like Mick and Stevie wanted.

Last edited by cbBen; 12-11-2018 at 07:52 PM..
Old 12-11-2018, 07:45 PM

Quote:
I agree. I cringed when she called him “Mr. Useless” last year.

Still, it’s hard to maintain the high road while slinging mud with pigs.
that one made me choke on my dinner!!!
Old 12-11-2018, 07:46 PM

Quote:
I don’t think Mick has said anything other than it was an unhappy situation and that he asked for a delay. Lindsey admitted asking for a delay (which is when I think the decision was made), and it obviously wasn’t happy, otherwise why fire someone?

It certainly has to be cathartic for him. Let’s just hope, for his sake, that it’s construed as catharsis and not as bridge burning, because he’s the only one talking about a possible reunion, not them.
Not true, Christine made an overture about Stevie wanting him back..
Old 12-11-2018, 07:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

So by this reasoning, during the negotiation stage of the tour planning, a monumental decision was made between two of the five legitimate members of the band, with two of the key songwriters unaware of the plan to replace a key member. If your timing or version of events is true, treason is certainly an appropriate word to bandy around.
Old 12-11-2018, 07:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
Not true, Christine made an overture about Stevie wanting him back..
She did.

Then he talked publicly about it.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 12-11-2018, 08:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I don’t think Mick has said anything other than it was an unhappy situation and that he asked for a delay. Lindsey admitted asking for a delay (which is when I think the decision was made), and it obviously wasn’t happy, otherwise why fire someone?

It certainly has to be cathartic for him. Let’s just hope, for his sake, that it’s construed as catharsis and not as bridge burning, because he’s the only one talking about a possible reunion, not them.
Actually it is pretty clear Lindsey had agreed to tour on FM timetables prior to the decision. Thus the instant decision to settle.

Christ on a Stick Steve you are bending over backwards to support the band on an unsupportable decision.

Lindsey is an arrogant ahole who probably got some of what was coming to him. But he is the principal sonic architect of all the writers’ songs since 1975. To act like this is a better band without him is just pure lunacy or maybe jealousy.
Old 12-11-2018, 08:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by justcrazylove View Post
So by this reasoning, during the negotiation stage of the tour planning, a monumental decision was made between two of the five legitimate members of the band, with two of the key songwriters unaware of the plan to replace a key member. If your timing or version of events is true, treason is certainly an appropriate word to bandy around.
Obviously two key songwriters were out of the loop. We already knew that, though. That would also true if the decision had been made after MusiCares. Even Lindsey doesn’t blame Christine for what went down.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 12-11-2018, 08:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Run View Post
Actually it is pretty clear Lindsey had agreed to tour on FM timetables prior to the decision. Thus the instant decision to settle.
Doesn’t dispute my theory, though. I think he was gone after making the request. In fact, I’ve never suggested there was one single factor in his firing.

Quote:
Christ on a Stick Steve you are bending over backwards to support the band on an unsupportable decision.
Who said I supported the decision? I disagreed with the decision, but I like who they got and see the merit in what they’re doing musically, but I never said I agreed with the decision.

Quote:
Lindsey is an arrogant ahole who probably got some of what was coming to him. But he is the principal sonic architect of all the writers’ songs since 1975. To act like this is a better band without him is just pure lunacy or maybe jealousy.
Who said it was better?

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 12-11-2018, 08:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbBen View Post
I agree on the timing. I think this is more or less what happened:

1. In November 2017 Lindsey asks for delay, the band refuses, and he storms out of the band meeting. The band decides to fire him, but also decides to wait until after MusiCares to pull the trigger.

2. Lindsey meanwhile withdraws his request, but by then he is the proverbial dad man walking, as they have already decided to cut ties.

3. When fired, in Lindsey's mind it can't be on account of his insistence on a delay because he had since withdrawn that request, but in the band's mind November (not January) was when he was really fired.

4. The band cites his insistence on a tour delay to justify the firing, but is vague and misleading on the timeline. They say he wanted to wait a year, but it was a year from the band meeting, not a year from when they wanted to start touring. Stevie also says "next November" instead of "November 2018" or just "November," which leaves the door open to the inference that he wanted a delay of up to 19 months.

Wonder how things would have unfolded (including in the studio) had Lindsey let Sheryl Crow into the band in 2008 like Mick and Stevie wanted.
y'all do realize that they SHOULD HAVE given him that delay in the first place? not fire him for it! yet he said ok, no delay. he bent over backwards for that band over and over. and somehow some here find justified to fire him over wanting measly 2 months for his solo career that has been put om the back burner while waiting for Nicks since 2012? or over one sentence he said in some interview nobody even knows about except like 2 people here who are fixated on it.

please.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 12-11-2018, 08:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
and somehow some here find justified to fire him over wanting measly 2 months for his solo career that has been put om the back burner while waiting for Nicks since 2012?
Seems like he went forward with a solo tour in 2012, and the LBCM tour.

However, apples and oranges from 2012. That was six years ago, Stevie was extending a tour for an album that had been out for a year, Christine wasn’t in the band, and John hadn’t had cancer.

Quote:
or over one sentence he said in some interview nobody even knows about except like 2 people here who are fixated on it.
Aside from being in the L.A.Times, that interview was broadcast on SiriusXM. I heard it when I was driving through Indianapolis on my way home from Chicagoland. Damn near wrecked my car! I remember looking over at my girlfriend and cringing. She cringed, too. Regardless, none of us had money invested in that wannabe festival series. Azoff had millions. Can we at least agree that the comment did Lindsey no favors?

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 12-11-2018, 08:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Seems like he went forward with a solo tour in 2012, and the LBCM tour.

However, apples and oranges from 2012. That was six years ago, S.
cute. we all know why he went forward with OMS. it was in Mick's Playboy interview, remember that one? and also in Dancin' that LB performed at 2 opening shows of OMS. he did the next best thing because SN has ditched the mac. as she does. over and over.

see, that's why i wanted to meet you in person and talk it over a drink - because i cannot believe you really can say all this with a straight face and i'm tired of going in useless circles . but seems you were afraid to! there are tons of people who found me at these LB shows. one just had to want to!

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"

Last edited by elle; 12-11-2018 at 08:41 PM..
Old 12-11-2018, 08:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
cute. that's why i wanted to meet you in person and talk it over a drink - because i cannot believe you really can say all this with a straight face . but seems you were afraid to! there are tons of people who found me at these LB shows. one just had to want to!
Nothing personal. It took eight hours to get to Canton and it was very cold. Between the methotrexate hangover, Raynaud’s, and Sjogren’s, I felt lucky to even see the show. If I had known people were sticking around, I might have, but I was feeling cold and fatigued.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 12-11-2018, 08:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Also, wasn’t the biggest reason for OMS because Neale hurt his back?

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 12-11-2018, 08:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

It did him no favours in the context of these futile debates, but can we agree that the comment was accurate, that those style of festivals are cash grab oldies **** designed for casual fans, the same fans that are attending the current Mac tour.

Moreover, the Classic East/West shows were ripoffs of the dessert shows that were played by bigger bands, much bigger bands the previous year. Lindsey and Chris towed the company line by playing them in the first place, they were in the middle of promoting their album; can you not understand Lindsey's viewpoint.
Old 12-11-2018, 08:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
we all know why he went forward with OMS. it was in Mick's Playboy interview, remember that one? and also in Dancin' that LB performed at 2 opening shows of OMS. he did the next best thing because SN has ditched the mac. as she does. over and over.
What is OMS?