User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 12-03-2018, 09:11 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlanketMan View Post
I saw LB on Friday night and the difference in the energy level from the clips I've seen of the NuMac is palpable. As a Finn Fan, I've been hoping this new incarnation succeeds, so it's not like I'm Pro-Lindsey, Anti-Mac. But from what I've heard/read/seen-on-YouTube, they definitely miss LB's energy on stage. Campbell seems to be a big disappointment.
I thought FM had a lot of energy at the show I saw them at, but I agree that Mike Campbell did just seem to be going through the motions. He did a good job, but he seemed to isolate himself from the others, interacting only occasionally with Christine. He spent more time with the back up singers than anyone in the band. Maybe I'm reading too much into it, but it wouldn't surprise me if he leaves the band after this tour. Even during his performance of Oh Well, it seemed like he didn't really want to be singing it.
Old 12-03-2018, 08:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
I thought FM had a lot of energy at the show I saw them at, but I agree that Mike Campbell did just seem to be going through the motions. He did a good job, but he seemed to isolate himself from the others, interacting only occasionally with Christine. He spent more time with the back up singers than anyone in the band. Maybe I'm reading too much into it, but it wouldn't surprise me if he leaves the band after this tour. Even during his performance of Oh Well, it seemed like he didn't really want to be singing it.
Yes--after two months on the road with Stevie, at this point he's probably trying to get fired.

But why wouldn't they be bored with three days between every concert.
No wonder he is pursuing his peculiar side project simultaneous to the FM tour.
For Lindsey? A fireable offense. For Mike? A hireable offense.
Old 12-03-2018, 09:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownOnRodeo View Post
Yes--after two months on the road with Stevie, at this point he's probably trying to get fired.
He toured with Stevie in 2006 (when she joined the Heartbreakers), so to that extent he knew what he was getting into.
Old 12-03-2018, 10:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbBen View Post
He toured with Stevie in 2006 (when she joined the Heartbreakers), so to that extent he knew what he was getting into.
Well, he's been hanging out with Stevie for 37 years. Nothing about her surprises him, surely, but the experience of playing lead guitar for Fleetwood Mac may not be what he thought it would be, or it may be precisely what he thought it would be, or something in between. I don't know what the others in the thread think, but I don't think Mike loves being in the band. I don't have any anecdotes in mind, just a sense that playing "Rhiannon," "Don't Stop" and "Say You Love Me" every week for ten months is going to pall for him sooner or later. Without knowing for sure, of course, I would say he has absolutely no emotional investment in or connection to Fleetwood Mac 2018. It's just a gig. I had these thoughts when he joined, and voiced them here. I'd eat my hat if he gave an interview and said, "I really love this band and its amazing catalog of music, and I'm going to be part of Fleetwood Mac for a long time. Working with John, Mick, Christine, and Stevie night after night is invigorating. I feel like a new man."

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 12-04-2018, 02:26 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
Working with John, Mick, Christine, and Stevie night after night is invigorating. I feel like a new man."
Hell, these days, working with them would make me highly suspect that my family had committed me to a nursing home.
Old 12-04-2018, 11:13 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
I think Stevie and Chris have enough material to carry a full concert set.
Could they have pulled off the "Chain" without a male vocalist (or just not done it)? What about "World Turning"?

Could they have had Stevie sing "Go Your Own Way" (or, again, not done it)?
Old 12-04-2018, 12:03 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kak125 View Post
Just watched the Phoenix & Vegas videos and it sounds ok it just seems too slow and lacking any sort of energy. I am so glad I got to hear Isn’t It Midnight in Pittsburgh at least.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=5Zs5aVUdxn8
Oooff that’s a tough listen. Love love Christine but she’s unlistenable to me this tour. Sounds like she has a really bad cold. Maybe it all sounds better in the arena.
Old 12-04-2018, 06:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbBen View Post
That was Tom's band.
This one is now hers.
Old 12-04-2018, 06:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Guess I’m the only one watching his bathroom jams videos.

He seems happy.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 12-04-2018, 07:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
Guess I’m the only one watching his bathroom jams videos.

He seems happy.
I love those bathroom jams they are the best! The ones with Sharon & Marilyn are my fav! Good stuff! I agree Mike looks like he’s having a good time on this tour. I follow Taku too and it’s fun to see them all hanging out on their off days.