User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 11-29-2018, 08:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownOnRodeo View Post
Soon they'll just play the Greatest Hits cd over the PA, watching on hesitantly from backstage while the audience is hosed down with jets of cheap beer.
OMG, this is just hilarious.....thank you!!!! I'm still laughing.
Old 11-29-2018, 08:27 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
True.
Give us the Live Album (1980) version or go home.
I agree. The Live album version has some energy, as well as the live versions from the '75 tour. Beyond that? Gawdddd it's dull. The Dance performance in particular was lame as all hell. They made a good move to replace it with Oh Daddy on the ensuing tour. Wish they had done that for the special as well.

Sidenote does anyone else completely LOVE the '97 rendition of Oh Daddy? Chris' voice is strong and I love the instrumentation/backing vocals

"The face of a pretty girl x1,000,000" -Isn't It Midnight (The song that got me into Christine McVie)

"The sun is bright, but not too bright to see. When the darkness comes you've got to fly into the light." -Doing What I Can (The song that got me into Lindsey Buckingham)

"I can still hear you saying you would never break the chain" -The Chain (The song that got me into Fleetwood Mac)
Old 11-29-2018, 10:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownOnRodeo View Post
Soon they'll just play the Greatest Hits cd over the PA, watching on hesitantly from backstage while the audience is hosed down with jets of cheap beer.
But only every third night.
Old 11-30-2018, 01:08 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I actually think they sounded pretty great - judging by the youtube videos I've seen of Hold Me.
And I'm one of the most disappointed Lindsey fans I know.

If Chris sings Don't Stop w/o Lindsey, there's no reason why she shouldn't do Hold Me w/o him.

I love Mike Campbell, but I still think it's weird they're doing Second Hand News and Monday Morning w/o Lindsey.
Old 11-30-2018, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Netter75 View Post
I agree. The Live album version has some energy, as well as the live versions from the '75 tour. Beyond that? Gawdddd it's dull. The Dance performance in particular was lame as all hell. They made a good move to replace it with Oh Daddy on the ensuing tour. Wish they had done that for the special as well.

Sidenote does anyone else completely LOVE the '97 rendition of Oh Daddy? Chris' voice is strong and I love the instrumentation/backing vocals
The way she sang Oh Daddy on the Dance Tour had me in tears. It was so good.
Old 11-30-2018, 03:45 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
Of course. The addition of Hold Me at this phase of the tour is desperation. The arenas are packed but very low energy crowds compared with On With The Show. The band feels this and keeps dropping any deep tracks for more hits. We lost Hypnotized, Storms, Isn't It Midnight, and some Finn song.
"some Finn song"?!? Aargh, they dropped "I Got You"! That was one of the two big reasons I was still contemplating seeing FM in March. I've seen Finn four times since 1987 and never has he done "I Got You," one of my all-time favorite tunes. Seems unlikely they'll bring it back for the spring leg...
Old 11-30-2018, 06:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlanketMan View Post
"some Finn song"?!? Aargh, they dropped "I Got You"! That was one of the two big reasons I was still contemplating seeing FM in March. I've seen Finn four times since 1987 and never has he done "I Got You," one of my all-time favorite tunes. Seems unlikely they'll bring it back for the spring leg...
At the rate they are going, by the spring leg, they will have dropped everything that made this sort of intriguing and you will have OWTS part 2, with a tribute to Tom Petty.
Old 12-01-2018, 08:35 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Finally saw the Phoenix Hold Me video on YouTube and...it's alright. It's less lame than the BuckVie tour with all the canned vocals, but not by much. With all the people on stage able to sing, why on Earth they are using canned vocals for the "Come on and" parts just like they did on BuckVie is just beyond me. It's hard to tell from the video but is Neil, just like Lindsey did, mouthing that part too? Lame.

It looks (again hard to tell in the video for certain) like Chris isn't playing the solo...again. And I'll just say it, Mike Campbell's solos on this song absolutely suck.

They can play whatever they want, and Hold Me should have been in the set in 1997 and 2014-15, so I don't care if this group also wants to play it, but it definitely continues to lack the oomph that this great track should have.

Give me the raw and ridiculous "Hold me, hold me, yeaahhhhhh's" from the Mirage Tour any day of the week.
Old 12-02-2018, 11:26 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmn3 View Post
Finally saw the Phoenix Hold Me video on YouTube and...it's alright. It's less lame than the BuckVie tour with all the canned vocals, but not by much. With all the people on stage able to sing, why on Earth they are using canned vocals for the "Come on and" parts just like they did on BuckVie is just beyond me. It's hard to tell from the video but is Neil, just like Lindsey did, mouthing that part too? Lame.

It looks (again hard to tell in the video for certain) like Chris isn't playing the solo...again. And I'll just say it, Mike Campbell's solos on this song absolutely suck.

They can play whatever they want, and Hold Me should have been in the set in 1997 and 2014-15, so I don't care if this group also wants to play it, but it definitely continues to lack the oomph that this great track should have.

Give me the raw and ridiculous "Hold me, hold me, yeaahhhhhh's" from the Mirage Tour any day of the week.

It is Neil singing Come on and
Old 12-02-2018, 01:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Just watched the Phoenix & Vegas videos and it sounds ok it just seems too slow and lacking any sort of energy. I am so glad I got to hear Isnt It Midnight in Pittsburgh at least.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=5Zs5aVUdxn8
Old 12-02-2018, 07:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmn3 View Post
Finally saw the Phoenix Hold Me video on YouTube and...it's alright.
Haven't seen these videos yet, but I can hear the performance in my head. I know exactly what this band sounds like already, and I know exactly how they'd arrange and play Hold Me.

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 12-02-2018, 08:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Mike's guitar solo on this is vomit.

And though Neil is still persona non grata in my book for signing up to this in the first place, I sure hope he is getting paid double whatever Mike is.
Old 12-02-2018, 11:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Never been a fan of this song live ever but it honestly sounded better last summer on the BuckVie tour.
Old 12-03-2018, 12:42 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenshiMaster16 View Post
Never been a fan of this song live ever but it honestly sounded better last summer on the BuckVie tour.
I just checked, and they were doing it in the key of B for BuckVie(original is in D). And now they've raised it to C. Weird.

(I'm going by the vids that Viv posted of Hold Me on this tour)

Does Mike Campbell SUCK, or why did he start the solo at the end in the wrong key? WTF? Did he skip their rehearsals?
Old 12-03-2018, 08:09 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kak125 View Post
Just watched the Phoenix & Vegas videos and it sounds ok it just seems too slow and lacking any sort of energy. I am so glad I got to hear Isnt It Midnight in Pittsburgh at least.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=5Zs5aVUdxn8
Yikes, that's tough to watch, and tougher to listen to! They seem like they're half-asleep. For one of their bigger hits, it's sad seeing the crowd completely uninvolved here.

I saw LB on Friday night and the difference in the energy level from the clips I've seen of the NuMac is palpable. As a Finn Fan, I've been hoping this new incarnation succeeds, so it's not like I'm Pro-Lindsey, Anti-Mac. But from what I've heard/read/seen-on-YouTube, they definitely miss LB's energy on stage. Campbell seems to be a big disappointment.