User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 11-25-2018, 07:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
calling fellow posters hogs and terrorists?

show me the posts where you were called similar names.
I am sorry your feelings have been hurt by people alluding to hogs and terrorists in turns of phrase while referring to your posts. Nobody called me those names (and in fact you were not called them either, as Gldstwmn says, they are metaphors). I am simply lumped in with the chiffon heads who worship the evil goat breath's every fart.

Nobody is calling Lindsey's fans anything like that. Nor is anybody calling him shockingly vulgar names in every post. And nobody wished him ill on his tour. In fact, most of us are not worshipping Stevie, we are just indifferent to Lindsey and his firing from the band.
Old 11-25-2018, 09:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gldstwmn View Post
They? They who? What are we? A gang?
Basically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitzo View Post
Do the same thing? Post negative reviews of Lindsey's shows? In the Lindsey forum? i don't see anyone do that.
Where's the negativereview? You're seeing it as negative. No one else does.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 11-25-2018, 09:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
You know what's sad? Losing your sh×t because your song wasn't chosen for a 30 second intro at a charity event in which you are set to receive an award for Person of the Year. It's also egotistical, selfish, narcissistic, embarrassing to your fellow band members and highly ironic.
It's sadder to wait for your bandmate to receive that award holding on to his arm knowing that you will get him fired the next day.

Because you won't make anyone believe this decision was based on a tantrum over a song.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Old 11-25-2018, 09:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feather Blade View Post
I seem to recall "The Children of Stevie" being used as a term around here. As if the folks who weren't completely hysterical at Lindsey's departure were some kind of weird cult.
Yeah, that was me, but it wasn't exactly directed towards fans who wouldn't believe Lindsey was fired.

But hey, it was a methapor. That's how you call it these days.
Old 11-25-2018, 10:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Default Really?

Quote:
You know what's sad? Losing your sh×t because your song wasn't chosen for a 30 second intro at a charity event in which you are set to receive an award for Person of the Year. It's also egotistical, selfish, narcissistic, embarrassing to your fellow band members and highly ironic.
Srsly gldstwmn--don't tell me you honestly believe that Lindsey's problem with "Rhiannon" being played was that it was a Stevie-penned song, and not simply about playing any intro music at all (or, possibly (although less likely IMO), a more recent song instead).
Old 11-25-2018, 11:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownOnRodeo View Post
Srsly gldstwmn--don't tell me you honestly believe that Lindsey's problem with "Rhiannon" being played was that it was a Stevie-penned song, and not simply about playing any intro music at all (or, possibly (although less likely IMO), a more recent song instead).
That's what his lawsuit says. Or is that multi layered and I'm supposed to be reading various things into that too? I honestly can't keep up.
Old 11-25-2018, 11:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post

But hey, it was a methapor. That's how you call it these days.
That's what it's been called since the inception of language - all of them.
Old 11-25-2018, 11:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:

Well the headline doesn't exactly reflect the thinking of Norman Vincent Peale.
Old 11-26-2018, 12:05 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Default Fake news alert!

Quote:
That's what his lawsuit says.
It most certainly does not!
I assume you're referring to his Rolling Stone interview.

Quote:
I honestly can't keep up.
Might I then kindly suggest that you don't go around broadcasting to the internet that something that Lindsey didn't do was an "egotistical, selfish, narcissistic, embarrassing to your fellow band members and highly ironic" "stunt" in which he "lost [his] sh×t" and deserves "comeuppance"?

Otherwise you're being as "false and misleading" as Stevie and Mick (and that's something that does appear in the Complaint).
Old 11-26-2018, 12:24 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
It most certainly does not!
I assume you're referring to his Rolling Stone interview.

Might I then kindly suggest that you don't go around broadcasting to the internet that something that Lindsey didn't do was an "egotistical, selfish, narcissistic, embarrassing to your fellow band members and highly ironic" "stunt" in which he "lost [his] sh×t" and deserves "comeuppance"?

Otherwise you're being as "false and misleading" as Stevie and Mick (and that's something that does appear in the Complaint).
By his own account that is what happened and that is my takeaway. You don't have to like it or agree with it. Also he is alleging that Mick and Stevie were false and misleading.
Old 11-26-2018, 12:45 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
By his own account that is what happened and that is my takeaway. You don't have to like it or agree with it. Also he is alleging that Mick and Stevie were false and misleading.
(begins pulling out hair)

He did NOT say that he wanted "his own song" to be played instead of Rhiannon. Only the mind and post of gldstwmn did.

If you express your own opinions as your own, that's fine.
Old 11-26-2018, 02:09 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
(begins pulling out hair)

He did NOT say that he wanted "his own song" to be played instead of Rhiannon. Only the mind and post of gldstwmn did.

If you express your own opinions as your own, that's fine.
What song did he want then? I think we can all figure out he wanted Go Your Own Way. I'd bet on that. All or almost all of the things I said about Lindsey have been said about Stevie and some of the other band members mostly unchallenged and without merit. Yet you only have an issue that I said them about Lindsey.
Also fake news is a propagandist term. That guy that likes to talk about fake news is likely to be charged with perjury and obstruction of justice here soon. That's real news.
As far as false and misleading those things in and of themselves aren't necessarily criminal. There has to be intent. I don't think there was any. I think the band was legitimately trying to figue out what to do and that included carrying on without Stevie. They were advised not to communicate with Lindsey. They were perfectly within their rights under the law.
I don't see anywhere in my post where I purported to express anything other than an opininion. There's really no need for you to rip your hair out. I would like to thank you for a cogent and thoughtful response to my post though. It motivated me to think a little bit more about the situation and consider your side. I don't really feel differently about the situation but at least I was able to consider it.
Old 11-26-2018, 02:16 AM
Addicted Ledgie

^^^The Chain?
I mean, that is the logical choice, since they all wrote it together.
Old 11-26-2018, 03:50 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
All or almost all of the things I said about Lindsey have been said about Stevie and some of the other band members mostly unchallenged and without merit. Yet you only have an issue that I said them about Lindsey.
I feel for Team Stevie (it must be like being the defense attorney for a losing case), but that's totally irrelevant to the point I was talking about. I can't spend my time defending the promulgation of inaccurate reporting and unwarranted character aspersions about both of them--good luck to anybody who can (Steve Hopkins perhaps?).

Quote:
As far as false and misleading those things in and of themselves aren't necessarily criminal. There has to be intent
Criminal??

I give up. I can't share the same stage with you ever again!

As to the topic of what song Lindsey might have preferred for the walk-in music, the thoughts of me and others on this have been detailed in the "Lindsey discusses his firing (Rolling Stone)" thread in the Rumours forum. All things considered (including, in particular, Stevie's known penchant for warm-up music to get her in the zone and AV razzamatazz showwomanship, and Lindsey's penchant for a stripped-down bare-bones presentation to let the music stand on its own):
- it seems highly likely that he meant that NO elevator music clip should be played for their entrance as it would be tacky and is not something normally done for their concerts, and from his perspective as musical director there would have been a flow issue in terms of an abortive burst of Rhiannon followed by the opening strands of The Chain; and
- even if he did mean that a DIFFERENT song clip should have been played, the idea that he would want one that HE wrote instead of one she wrote is laughable, particularly in the case of Rhiannon, which from an instrumental perspective would in his mind be as much his creation as hers; however, the notion that he may have preferred a song that was more recent (regardless of who wrote it) does sound like something we could expect Lindsey to argue for--but based on the wording of his comment in the interview and the other considerations listed above, it seems much more likely that he simply wanted NO song played (from a musical direction perspective) and wanted their performance to stand on its own without the cheap use of a "preconceived label".
Old 11-26-2018, 10:24 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
It’s a negative review. I just don’t agree that it’s nasty. The headline is harsh, but that’s what is done to get noticed. I doubt the reviewer wrote it.