The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Present Band
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 11-18-2018, 04:20 PM
Senior Ledgie

Good god, I just tried to watch Little Lies. Christine sounds AWFUL. I haven’t watched videos of the tour but this thread made me see what everyone is talking about. Just terrible. Maybe in the arena it doesn’t sound so bad?

I give them props for getting good reviews though.
Old 11-19-2018, 05:14 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gldstwmn View Post
They really should be playing those. Oh dear, I didn't even realize they didn't do All Over Again. What the hell is going on?
With four different vocalists taking turns at the mic, that their set is now down to 21 songs is just ridiculous.
Old 11-19-2018, 05:17 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buster View Post
Good god, I just tried to watch Little Lies. Christine sounds AWFUL. I haven’t watched videos of the tour but this thread made me see what everyone is talking about.
I would advise staying away from You Make Loving Fun or the second verse of Don’t Stop.
Old 11-19-2018, 07:05 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Stevie's vocal coach Steve Real has been spotted on the tour. It certainly couldn't hurt if he were to give Chris a hand too. I've listened to a lot of videos from different shows and sometimes she sounds really good and others like she is struggling a bit. Honestly I don't really care because I'm just glad she's there. I thought her voice would get stronger as the tour went on. But she is 75 and all the flying and dry air in arenas has to be hell on the vocal chords.
Me too I'm just happy Christine is there. If she sings off key I couldn't care less, I'll cheer her own regardless
Old 11-19-2018, 07:20 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Stevie's vocal coach Steve Real has been spotted on the tour. It certainly couldn't hurt if he were to give Chris a hand too. I've listened to a lot of videos from different shows and sometimes she sounds really good and others like she is struggling a bit. Honestly I don't really care because I'm just glad she's there. I thought her voice would get stronger as the tour went on. But she is 75 and all the flying and dry air in arenas has to be hell on the vocal chords.
I bet he is working with Christine, but as you said, she is 75 years old and there's only so much the body can do (and voice, too). But what Christine is now lacking in vocal power, she makes up for in showmanship. I've never seen her so invested in concert before, I mean she has really stepped that part up, and it's great to see. I wonder if touring with Lindsey gave her more confidence for this tour?
Old 11-19-2018, 08:28 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
They really should be playing those. Oh dear, I didn't even realize they didn't do All Over Again. What the hell is going on?
I actually think something is up with Chris, like maybe she's sick too. If she knows how off she sounds (and someone in their tour camp must be listening), she may not want to close the show with such a vocally intimate and exposing song.

Little lies was really, abnormally bad, but not normal for the tour, as nearly as I can tell.

Last edited by HoursAndHours; 11-19-2018 at 08:29 AM.. Reason: More to say, lol.
Old 11-19-2018, 02:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmn3 View Post
With four different vocalists taking turns at the mic, that their set is now down to 21 songs is just ridiculous.
I agree. At least add back Hypnotized and I Got You or any of the other gazillion songs they rehearsed for this tour. C'mon Fleetwood Mac. Give it a whirl. There are 11 people on stage. If one's not feeling well or up to it let someone else pick up the slack. It doesn't have to be the exact same set every night. Take that plunge. You can do it!
Old 11-19-2018, 03:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I really wouldn’t call Mike a vocalist in the band. He just does “Oh Well.”

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 11-19-2018, 05:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
I really wouldn’t call Mike a vocalist in the band. He just does “Oh Well.”
True. But they rehearsed other songs. And he can play anything. At this point they really should have some sort of contingency plan don't you think?
Old 11-19-2018, 05:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
True. But they rehearsed other songs. And he can play anything. At this point they really should have some sort of contingency plan don't you think?
Yeah, but I don’t know if it would even be feasible to change up the setlist with the extensive AV production that goes into the shows.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 11-19-2018, 06:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buster View Post
Good god, I just tried to watch Little Lies. Christine sounds AWFUL. I haven’t watched videos of the tour but this thread made me see what everyone is talking about. Just terrible. Maybe in the arena it doesn’t sound so bad?

I give them props for getting good reviews though.
TBH, “Little Lies” has been rough since Christine came back. But, expecting a 75 year old to sound like she did at 45 is pretty unrealistic. That said, I’d rather have “Think About Me” in the set.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 11-19-2018, 07:07 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
TBH, “Little Lies” has been rough since Christine came back. But, expecting a 75 year old to sound like she did at 45 is pretty unrealistic. That said, I’d rather have “Think About Me” in the set.
I don’t expect that at all. I was just shocked by how totally awful she sounds in the one clip posted in the thread. It’s the first time I’ve listened to her on this tour. I’m sure she sounds better on other songs and other shows. And glad to read about how energetic she is on the tour, that’s a good thing.
Old 11-19-2018, 08:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Yikes.

Maybe when she's singing she's thinking about the meaning of the lyrics in light of everything that's happened and is consumed with voice-eroding remorse.

Lindsey, if I could turn the page in time then I'd rearrange just a day or two (the day after MusiCares will suffice).
But they couldn't find a way, so let's settle for half-pay, to get rid of you (blame it on the other guys).
Old 11-19-2018, 11:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Yeah, but I don’t know if it would even be feasible to change up the setlist with the extensive AV production that goes into the shows.
Well they could do it just like they did in the olden days and show the band on the screen.
The first band I ever remeber using a big screen backdrop to augment their show was Rush on the Moving Pictures tour. I'm sure that thing probably looks like a Lite Brite compared to what artists use now.
Old 11-20-2018, 11:21 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Free Fallin'

So I'm listening to the Free Fallin' video and at about the 35 second mark, a guy in the audience asked if Tom Petty died. You just assume everyone knows about Tom Petty but I guess not.

I really enjoy watching these videos from the shows - thanks to everyone who capture them and share.