User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-15-2018, 04:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dontlookdown View Post
I see Mick in the waiting room of my doctor sometimes.
We don’t have the same doc, but he see’s someone in the same building.
I’ll ask him next time I see him.
Although, I’m not a fan of As Long As You Follow.
The title track from Behind The Mask is stellar, (the only Buckingham solo on the whole album) but the rest I can do w/o.

Happy to ask the dirtbag questions.
dontlookdown, that would be awesome if you could ask him those questions! Thanks for even considering it.

Btw, I hope you're in good health.
Old 10-15-2018, 04:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WatchChain View Post
Id like to ask him why the entire band made fun of Stevie Nicks behind her back while an audience of thousands watched at Music Cares---and THEN, fired Lindsey Buckingham for "smirking" at her. (4:25 minute mark for 40 seconds)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WM_Wonk4CNM

What a joke.
Obviously there's a lot more to the story than simply how Lindsey behaved at MusicCares. That was the straw that broke the camel's back. If you want to learn more about the back story, check out the book "Storms" by Carol Ann Harris. I'm sure a lot of this will be much publicized now that the band is being forced to explain why they fired Lindsey.
Old 10-15-2018, 04:37 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WatchChain View Post
Id like to ask him why the entire band made fun of Stevie Nicks behind her back while an audience of thousands watched at Music Cares---and THEN, fired Lindsey Buckingham for "smirking" at her. (4:25 minute mark for 40 seconds)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WM_Wonk4CNM

What a joke.
I just watched this for the first time. They all acted disgracefully. She spoke for 6 minutes, which is far shorter than a lot of acceptance speeches. You don’t make fun of your teammate in front of an audience. Lindsey also did more than smirk, he did the masturbate motion.

All that said, I don’t think the smirking was the reason he got fired.
Old 10-15-2018, 05:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buster View Post
I just watched this for the first time. They all acted disgracefully. She spoke for 6 minutes, which is far shorter than a lot of acceptance speeches. You don’t make fun of your teammate in front of an audience. Lindsey also did more than smirk, he did the masturbate motion.

NO. HE DIDN'T. You actually think he would do that on stage in front of all those people? One of his hand/arm gestures was definitely misconstrued by you.
Old 10-15-2018, 05:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Is that true, Buster? I haven't watched the presentation, and I have no desire to, but if Lindsey did that, that was pretty nasty. Are you sure that's what he was doing? That really doesn't seem like something Lindsey would do.

Not meaning to doubt you, I guess I'm just hoping he didn't really do that.
Old 10-15-2018, 05:40 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugar Mouse View Post
Obviously there's a lot more to the story than simply how Lindsey behaved at MusicCares. That was the straw that broke the camel's back. If you want to learn more about the back story, check out the book "Storms" by Carol Ann Harris. I'm sure a lot of this will be much publicized now that the band is being forced to explain why they fired Lindsey.
We know, "obviously" there must be something to exonerate Stevie and the band. Not a surprise that you'll find any reason to disbelieve Lindsey's side of the story, after demanding to hear it.

The problem is, I don't think Carol Ann Harris's book is too reliable. It's not objective history, it's just another person's side of the story. And a non-band member at that, no matter how much Carol Ann tries to exaggerate her role in the band's circle. If FM is going to bring up stuff from that long ago as grounds for Lindsey's firing, everyone in the band will come out looking bad. Stevie should have been fired for events in the recent past (refusing to record, delaying FM tours by prolonging her solo tours), so how is she in a position to advocate for Lindsey's firing?

I'm sure the truth lies somewhere in the middle, but I don't think Lindsey's making up the list of grievances from Azoff/Stevie. And it's going to make Stevie and the band look petty and possibly worse if any of that is true.

Anyway, there will most likely be an out of court settlement, with nothing publicized. It's in no one's interests to air the band's dirty laundry... there's plenty of mud to fling around.

Last edited by saniette; 10-15-2018 at 05:48 PM..
Old 10-15-2018, 05:56 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwd View Post
NO. HE DIDN'T. You actually think he would do that on stage in front of all those people? One of his hand/arm gestures was definitely misconstrued by you.
It’s at 4:34 in the video posted on this thread. A couple seconds before, Christine and Mick start talking about it going on too long. Christine looks at Lindsey who does the masturbation motion that people make when they think someone is talking too long or too arrogantly. I’m open to hearing what others think that motion is, but it’s a very common and well-known one.
Old 10-15-2018, 07:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
It’s at 4:34 in the video posted on this thread. A couple seconds before, Christine and Mick start talking about it going on too long. Christine looks at Lindsey who does the masturbation motion that people make when they think someone is talking too long or too arrogantly. I’m open to hearing what others think that motion is, but it’s a very common and well-known one.
It looked like he was air drumming to me.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 10-15-2018, 07:26 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
So maybe the exact complaint was "air jerk" not "smirk"? Maybe Lindsey just misheard.
Old 10-15-2018, 10:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugar Mouse View Post
She is writing a follow up.
Old 10-16-2018, 11:55 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Ridiculous. There was nothing disgraceful about the way they were acting.
Thank god the rest of them refuse to take themselves so seriously.
Stevie’s ego can’t be this fragile or this big.
I’m sure it was other events that led to the split.
As Lindsey said, they lost perspective and forgot about the fans POV and their legacy.
Buckingham salvaged the Fleetwood Mac brand twice.
I hope he doesn’t try again.
They’re their own worst enemies.
Self destructive, like true addicts.