Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Chit Chat
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-14-2004, 10:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default explain the reasoning for your user name

OK I really have to say I hate my user name and wish I could change it. A) I wish I could make it more MAc related. But I did originally have 3 MAc names but they were taken. And I bet people who see my name think I'm like this huge MASH fan. But really I like the show but not all that much. I liked it alot more back in 2001 when I joined. the show was on and I just wrote down Hawkeye thinking it works. But looking back It was a bad decision. I should have tried a few more Mac related names.

He Will Burn You Down
Old 05-14-2004, 10:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Well, I wanted something Stevie related. I wanted to be Firefly but I think that was taken. So I just started thinking and Golden Braid came into mind. I have blond hair and at the time it was in a braid so Golden Braid seemed like a natural choice. I also like that I can use the same name on other boards.
Old 05-14-2004, 11:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I like x's for some reason, and "Dreams Unwind" is my favorite lyric in Rhiannon. Add the two together, and you get my screen name .

-Kate
Old 05-14-2004, 11:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Well, I'm a drummer and my name is Deanna..and I just wasn't creative enough with Mac or Stevie related names...everything I tried was taken...so I just used my name and added a drummer at the beginning...lol...I think I had recently purchased a drum set when I joined this board...and was also in a little local band...so I was way into my drumming...

I've since sold the drums (with the hopes that I can buy a better set when I get a real job) and haven't been doing a whole lotta drumming...one day that will change...my anger management issues skyrocketted once I stopped drumming lol..

Anyway..that's the story behind my user name
Old 05-14-2004, 11:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Exclamation That's a mystery...

unto itself...But it fits my personality

"To acknowledge death is to accept freedom and responsibility."

"Fleetwood Mac and its fans remind me of a toilet plunger...keep bringing up old sh*t..."
Old 05-15-2004, 06:14 AM
Senior Ledgie

Obviously I wasn't very creative in choosing my user name...it IS my name and my birthday
Old 05-15-2004, 06:57 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Well back in the day in the chat rooms my name was golddust. People eventually shortened it and started calling me goldie. I tried to use golddust when I signed up for this board but it was obviously taken already! So I used goldie!! So it's FM related sort of but sort of not.
Old 05-15-2004, 07:16 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Well, my initials are DG. I would have loved to have had some sort of cool FM related name but all the best ones were already taken and I was just too lazy to strain my brain to think up a new one.
Old 05-15-2004, 08:30 AM
Lux
This message has been deleted by Lux.
Old 05-15-2004, 08:35 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by xdreamsunwindx
I like x's for some reason, and "Dreams Unwind" is my favorite lyric in Rhiannon. Add the two together, and you get my screen name .

-Kate
Okay, I'm embarrassed to admit this, but when I saw your screen name, I was thinking dream sun wind....DUH!

Carol
Old 05-15-2004, 08:36 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Violet is one of my cats' names...

Carol
Old 05-15-2004, 11:52 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Down On Rodeo. Ot's just an unreleased song of Lindsey's which I felt was... meaningful, beautiful, inspiriationally conceived and lovingly crafted.

What's that got to do with me? Absotulely nothing! I just like the song.

Wow, it's weird now. You've made me really question my identity, Hawkeye! The Ledge was my first message board etc, so now I use 'downonrodeo' for all other message boards, LJ, etc.
Old 05-15-2004, 11:53 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Arrow Hi, my name is, what, my name is, who, my name is, chica chica...

My name comes from two Monkees songs, Randy Scouse Git, in which Micky Dolenz writes, "the being known as WONDERGIRL is speaking I believe..." and the other song is PO Box 9847, so there are the numbers.

I have been a Monkees fan since WAY back in the day 1986 to be exact, and became an internet nut before I found Fleetwood Mac, so no FM related name for me, I love my name too much to change it.

People on other boards call me Wonder or Wondergirl, if they don't know my real name.
Old 05-15-2004, 01:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Well SADLY my favorite FM album was Rumours. Rumours came out in 1977 hence 77Rumours77 Yea I just thought that it would of mad more sence to be 19Rumours77. Oh well
Old 05-15-2004, 03:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Since I first saw the "Gypsy" video on MTV during the Summer of 82, I've been completely and hopelessly obsessed with Stevie Nicks, so I decided I was "Nicksed". That didn't look right, so I tried "nixed". I added the two extra Xs for emphasis, and just to be trashy.
Old 05-15-2004, 11:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default name

I use another name at a few diff boards so I didn't want it too different. Anyways I'm a big star wars fan, and my favorite character from the books is Mara Jade (she was the emperors assasin, eventually turned to good and became a jedi...) so thats where the "jade" is from. gypsy is due to the fact that it remains one of my all time fave songs, my first music video memory, and I myself am a bit of a gypsy. Enough info yes?