User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-28-2023, 10:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownOnRodeo View Post
And somehow Lindsey "flicking his foot" playfully (but drunkenly and inappropriately) at Stevie has become "Lindsey KICKED Stevie".

Perhaps the "chair he threw at her" was from a Lego set?
Stevie over dramatizes everything. So does Mick. They're both flakes.
Old 09-29-2023, 12:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownOnRodeo View Post
Perhaps the "chair he threw at her" was from a Lego set?
I mean, when you throw an electric guitar and it lands on the stage floor, can you imagine the noise coming through the PA? Not to mention the potential damage to the instrument — did his roadie have to bring out another Turner for him to finish the concert?

I have no doubt that Lindsey was acting like a jerk and was both baked and drunk. I just want to peel back the incrustation of storytelling and get to what actually happened, who witnessed it, and how big of a mess it actually created. Mick said that the show was simulcast for New Zealand radio. Where is that? Nobody in New Zealand managed to get a cassette recording of it?

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 09-29-2023, 01:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I don't think a published review of the New Zealand show has ever seen the light of day either.
Old 09-29-2023, 01:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

The band did acknowledge something happened in New Zealand in 1980 because during the OWTS tour with Chris there were headlines and interviews with the band saying it was their first time all back there since that infamous show. We don't t know the extent of what happened but it was enough for Chris run backstage and hit Lindsey.
I suppose Stevie injured herself the same if not more by falling off the stage several times in 1986. Stevie has never commented on it. Its always others.
Old 09-29-2023, 01:50 PM

https://faroutmagazine.co.uk/the-phy...-7oVD7dG0nVQ78
Old 09-29-2023, 01:55 PM
Supporting Ledgie

Talking

I'm not sure if these have been posted in this thread, but here's a few more recollections about the New Zealand incident:

https://buckinghamnicksinfo.tumblr.c...t-sorry-im-new

https://www.fleetwoodmacnews.com/200...980-worst.html
Old 09-29-2023, 03:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mylittledemon View Post
I'm not sure if these have been posted in this thread, but here's a few more recollections about the New Zealand incident:

https://buckinghamnicksinfo.tumblr.c...t-sorry-im-new
Consider the enormous variety of memories, several of them contradictory.

Stevie 2005: “We were on the last song of the set ... that is the first and only time we have not done an encore.”
Carol Harris: “The band had only been playing for a little while.”
Mick 1990: “Halfway through the performance, he snapped.”

Mick 1990: “He started to kick Stevie while she was trying to salvage the number [“Rhiannon”].
Rolling Stone 1997: “He came over—might have kicked me, did something to me, and we stopped the show.”
2009: “After their team meeting, Fleetwood Mac did return to the stage.”
Carol Harris: “The whole show fell apart.”

Mick 1990: “It turned out they [the audience] either didn't notice it or thought his behavior was part of the act, or just a joke.”
Carol Harris: “The audience was stunned.”
2009: “Street Talk was the support act that night ... as Fleetwood Mac deteriorated in front of our eyes, I remember a chant starting up—‘Bring back Street Talk.’ ”

2009: “It was March 1980 in Wellington ... that night in Athletic Park” [March 20, 1980].
Mojo 2003: “Playing to 60,000 in Auckland, New Zealand” [March 22, 1980, in Western Springs Stadium].
2009: “Hammond [opening act Street Talk] said the gig that followed at Western Springs was a good concert but Wellington was most definitely ‘meltdown night.’ ”
Mick 1990: “In mid-March we flew off to New Zealand to play in front of sixty thousand fans in Auckland.”

Did this happen in Auckland or Wellington?
Did the audience notice or not?
Did it happen during “Rhiannon” or the end of the show before the encore?
Did Fleetwood Mac return to the stage or not?
Did Lindsey kick or not?
Did Lindsey throw guitar or not? Why does Stevie call it a black Les Paul, when Lindsey was playing a Turner on every song that Stevie was onstage for?

moviekinks.blogspot.com

Last edited by David; 09-29-2023 at 03:14 PM..
Old 09-29-2023, 03:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post

Stevie 2005: “We were on the last song of the set ... that is the first and only time we have not done an encore.”
Carol Harris: “The band had only been playing for a little while.”
Mick 1990: “Halfway through the performance, he snapped.”

Mick 1990: “He started to kick Stevie while she was trying to salvage the number [“Rhiannon”].
Rolling Stone 1997: “He came over—might have kicked me, did something to me, and we stopped the show.”
2009: “After their team meeting, Fleetwood Mac did return to the stage.”
Carol Harris: “The whole show fell apart.”

Mick 1990: “It turned out they [the audience] either didn't notice it or thought his behavior was part of the act, or just a joke.”
Carol Harris: “The audience was stunned.”
2009: “Street Talk was the support act that night ... as Fleetwood Mac deteriorated in front of our eyes, I remember a chant starting up—‘Bring back Street Talk.’ ”

2009: “It was March 1980 in Wellington ... that night in Athletic Park” [March 20, 1980].
Mojo 2003: “Playing to 60,000 in Auckland, New Zealand” [March 22, 1980, in Western Springs Stadium].
2009: “Hammond [opening act Street Talk] said the gig that followed at Western Springs was a good concert but Wellington was most definitely ‘meltdown night.’ ”
Mick 1990: “In mid-March we flew off to New Zealand to play in front of sixty thousand fans in Auckland.”

Did this happen in Auckland or Wellington?
Did the audience notice or not?
Did it happen during “Rhiannon” or the end of the show before the encore?
Did Fleetwood Mac return to the stage or not?
Did Lindsey kick or not?
Did Lindsey throw guitar or not? Why does Stevie call it a black Les Paul, when Lindsey was playing a Turner on every song that Stevie was onstage for?
Cocaine is a helluva drug...

You holdin'?
Old 09-29-2023, 04:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
The band did acknowledge something happened in New Zealand in 1980...
If smartphones and networks had existed at that time, we would be sure what happened.
Old 09-29-2023, 04:37 PM
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
I reckon Dennis Dunstan could provide the most accurate account, since he wasn't partaking in any... substance abuse.
Old 09-29-2023, 04:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mylittledemon View Post
I reckon Dennis Dunstan could provide the most accurate account, since he wasn't partaking in any... substance abuse.
He seems to have too much class to ever tell, though.

Plus, he's still working in the industry, and it would be a dumb move on his part.
Old 09-29-2023, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post

Plus, he's still working in the industry, and it would be a dumb move on his part.
Do NOT MESS WITH THAT BUNCH!! They will axe you and cut you off. Don't matter how many years or how much money you've made them.
Old 09-29-2023, 06:18 PM
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post

I dunno. He seems to be quite open about the band's drug use of late...

https://omny.fm/shows/conversations-...dennis-dunstan
Old 09-29-2023, 07:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

The thing that strikes me about the New Zealand show mythology is that if it was broadcast on the radio why has it not been shared all these years later? We have good and crappy bootlegs of material all through the years, so it's hard to believe someone doesn't have a copy. It might be hard to tell what happened by just audio, but it would still be nice to have another soundboard of a Tusk show. That's why I find it hard to believe at least part of the story. Heavens knows that they were all wasted out of their minds and probably burnt out from touring, so it's hard to tell who to believe. Even though Lindsey and Stevie have turned being antagonist to each other into an art form, I still find it hard to believe some of these stories.
Old 09-29-2023, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by soul_drifter333 View Post
The thing that strikes me about the New Zealand show mythology is that if it was broadcast on the radio why has it not been shared all these years later? We have good and crappy bootlegs of material all through the years, so it's hard to believe someone doesn't have a copy. It might be hard to tell what happened by just audio, but it would still be nice to have another soundboard of a Tusk show. That's why I find it hard to believe at least part of the story. Heavens knows that they were all wasted out of their minds and probably burnt out from touring, so it's hard to tell who to believe. Even though Lindsey and Stevie have turned being antagonist to each other into an art form, I still find it hard to believe some of these stories.
This ^^^ and I'll add that they have used all this pro and antagonist stuffs as great marketing. Nothing ruins a good story like the truth, Souldrifter.