User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-04-2012, 12:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
I love Honey Hi and it fits perfectly on that album. If it had appeared on Mirage or somewhere else, then I don't think I would appreciate it so much. The drum beat is hypnotic, but peaceful too, mirroring the simplicity of the lyrics. It would have been a beautiful thing to see Mick and Christine performing this live.

Michele
And don't forget those beautiful harmonies! I'd just love to see them doing this together, the way they did "Say you love me" on The Dance, all of them lined up in the front of the stage, looking happy . That's what this song is to me, a real band effort. With the individualities starting to show on Tusk, this song always reminded me how bound they ar...were.
Old 04-04-2012, 01:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I have to assume that they meant Did You Ever Love Me here in this review of a recital by Dr. Dan Moore. Here is an excerpt.

http://uimusicrising.wordpress.com/2...n-performance/

I know what you’re thinking, saxophones in a steel band? The horns actually provided an interesting timbral characterist that was quite nice. Second, they played an arrangement of Fleetwood Mac’s “Could You Ever Love Me?” featuring Dr. Moore on the marimba with two exciting solo sections. Leaving smiles on the audience’s faces, they ended their portion of the concert with a medley of the Muppet Show Movie that featured a rogue percussionist during the “Mahna-mahna” portion of the piece.
Old 04-04-2012, 03:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

My vote goes to "Homeward Bound." Great piano, very believable emotion. And a real rocker, something we didn't get too often from Christine.
Old 04-04-2012, 04:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

"Over And Over", followed VERY closely by "Come A Little Bit Closer."
Old 04-04-2012, 04:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleepless-Child View Post
And don't forget those beautiful harmonies! I'd just love to see them doing this together, the way they did "Say you love me" on The Dance, all of them lined up in the front of the stage, looking happy .
And they came back and did Farmer's Daughter the same way. So beautiful. A lovely way to end things, only I blame Ms. Perfect for not telling me it was the end, so I could have acted accordingly.

It reminds me of a passage in Wicked when all the college friends are having a post-funeral gathering: good food, drink and company. Abundant laughter. And the narrator says if they had known that it would be the last time they'd all be together, maybe they would have lingered a little longer over dinner. It gave me a chill to read that and it put me in mourning, even though nothing bad had happened in the book yet and the characters didn't suspect how their futures would divide them.

Of course, the RRHOF was the real ending for FM. And much later in Wicked, when the little girl, Nor, asks if the witch ever returned, the mother says, "Not yet." That's what I will say of FM: not yet.

Michele
Old 04-04-2012, 04:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Can we write to Chris and have any hopes of hearing back from her?
Old 04-04-2012, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by holidayroad View Post
I agree!! It's the best song on Time. I guess it's sad that it is on Time. That means fewer fans have heard it.
Agreed!! It was so different. I get mad at Mick for not kicking up a huge fade out drum solo. Because the intensity builds and builds to the end and he sort of peters out...
Old 04-04-2012, 05:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
And they came back and did Farmer's Daughter the same way. So beautiful. A lovely way to end things, only I blame Ms. Perfect for not telling me it was the end, so I could have acted accordingly.

It reminds me of a passage in Wicked when all the college friends are having a post-funeral gathering: good food, drink and company. Abundant laughter. And the narrator says if they had known that it would be the last time they'd all be together, maybe they would have lingered a little longer over dinner. It gave me a chill to read that and it put me in mourning, even though nothing bad had happened in the book yet and the characters didn't suspect how their futures would divide them.

Of course, the RRHOF was the real ending for FM. And much later in Wicked, when the little girl, Nor, asks if the witch ever returned, the mother says, "Not yet." That's what I will say of FM: not yet.

Michele
Really nice.
And nice comparison, and i always wanted to see the musical...
"Not yet" usually gives some hope. But this is the kind of thing you say to a gullible little girl not to upset her, and i'm not a child anymore...so it makes me sad, especially when you talk about The Dance.
But hey !
Old 04-04-2012, 06:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Really nice.
And nice comparison, and i always wanted to see the musical...
"Not yet" usually gives some hope. But this is the kind of thing you say to a gullible little girl not to upset her, and i'm not a child anymore...so it makes me sad, especially when you talk about The Dance.
But hey !
I know what you mean, but actually in Wicked it was said to frighten the child because the witch was, ostensibly, evil.

I think we'll see Christine again. Whether or not it's with the other 4 or with all of the remaining 4, is a different question.

Thinking of underrated songs, certainly Why is very famous among fans. I've even seen it come in #1 in polls of all FM songs, but it's too bad that the public in general knows nothing about it.

Michele
Old 04-04-2012, 08:05 PM

Quote:
I know what you mean, but actually in Wicked it was said to frighten the child because the witch was, ostensibly, evil.

I think we'll see Christine again. Whether or not it's with the other 4 or with all of the remaining 4, is a different question.

Thinking of underrated songs, certainly Why is very famous among fans. I've even seen it come in #1 in polls of all FM songs, but it's too bad that the public in general knows nothing about it.

Michele
I agree, Why is completely underrated within the general public. I played it for my best friend recently and he had tears in his eyes afterward. He loved it.
Old 04-04-2012, 09:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
Isn't it Midnight was played on two tours--Tango and Mask. Why oh Why was it not included in The Dance? It would have been a great up tune.
I agree. I'd choose Isn't it Midnight instead of Over my Head or even the new Temporary One.

I consider extremely underrated songs never played on the radio and never included in concerts, like Stevie's Storms until the Unleashed tour.

About Christine, I'd love to see Mystified played live.
Old 04-04-2012, 10:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
And don't forget those beautiful harmonies! I'd just love to see them doing this together, the way they did "Say you love me" on The Dance, all of them lined up in the front of the stage, looking happy . That's what this song is to me, a real band effort. With the individualities starting to show on Tusk, this song always reminded me how bound they ar...were.
We have one audio recording of this great song in rehearsal for the '79 tour. Here's the upload along with a rehearsal of "That's All for Everyone" for the same tour.

http://www.sendspace.com/filegroup/N...L0NIfBZZs%2Fbg

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 04-04-2012, 11:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I think her Time and BTM songs would have made such a huge splash if they'd been released by the Rumours era of the group. They would have gotten tons of air play and would be an indelible part of pop culture today. Instead, I just hear, tell me lies, tell me sweet little lies . . . everywhere I go.

Save Me, Estoril, Behind the Mask and throw Heart of Stone in there too.

Great stuff. And I've already said the same thing about Calumny and Northern Star a zillion times, but since she didn't write them, I wouldn't necessarily include them here.

Michele
Great, insightful points!
Christine was on her game with the batch of songs she gave to the Time album. Unfortunately it was a transitional period of the band where things were in a bit of a flux, so those songs were destined to fall into semi-obscurity.

If the context had been different, those songs would have a higher profile, and sit comfortably with the rest of her lauded song catalog.
Old 04-04-2012, 11:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
Yeah! There's a knowing edge to her delivery there, and a sly sophistication. It's a hot song. Would have loved to have heard either Danny or Lindsey's stinging guitars on it.
There is a rare live bootleg version of Bad Loser- one of the few times they performed it on the Heroes tour.
Old 04-05-2012, 11:20 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Michele
Oh . so does that mean that Chris is evil and we should all be afraid of her coming back??
Right i don't see "Why" as an underrated song, every educated Fleetwood Mac knows and loves this song .
It's also one of the songs that my friends unfamiliar with FM prefer, especially that Midnight Special for some reason.

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
We have one audio recording of this great song in rehearsal for the '79 tour. Here's the upload along with a rehearsal of "That's All for Everyone" for the same tour.

http://www.sendspace.com/filegroup/N...L0NIfBZZs%2Fbg

Thank you, that's amazing! I had no idea they rehearsed this. I can see now why they didn't play it live, it seems to be quite difficult, with the double-tracked vocals and all...but it actually sounded pretty good, especially Lindsey's guitar. Would have loved a more stripped down though.