The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Christine McVie
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 11-12-2014, 06:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Has Christine ever considered writing a book?

Does anybody know? Has anyone ever asked her? I would love to read her book.

A few things I would like to know is if Dennis Wilson ever talked about the Manson Family or fealt guilty about it? Did she feel used by him? What was her a Eureka moment with Fleetwood Mac. How addicted to drugs was she? She has a great story to tell.

Last edited by Jondalar; 11-12-2014 at 06:07 PM..
Old 11-12-2014, 10:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Yes, I remember her being asked this question when she promoted ITM. She wasn't keen on writing one. But I believe she said her brother knew all of her stories. Maybe he can write one.

Michele
Old 11-13-2014, 04:17 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jondalar View Post

A few things I would like to know is if Dennis Wilson ever talked about the Manson Family or fealt guilty about it? Did she feel used by him? What was her a Eureka moment with Fleetwood Mac. How addicted to drugs was she? She has a great story to tell.
I don't think it's in her character to write a book like that. She seem more of a person who lives in the moment, and doesn't seem to be too reflective of the past. She is the opposite of Stevie in that regard.

Not everyone feels the need to write a tell- all book. Christine embodies a certain level of class and discretion when it comes to personal matters. She's been forthright with her life and issues, but doesn't elaborate or ruminate about them.

How addicted to drugs she was? That's a very assumptive question! Sure, she had her party days of over consumption and indulgence, but that doesn't necessarily equate with addiction. And she has already talked briefly about her time with Dennis. She doesn't owe us a dissertation about that or anything else. I respect her for not feeding herself to the media machine. She's a class act.

Last edited by PenguinHead; 11-13-2014 at 04:37 AM..
Old 11-13-2014, 04:32 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PenguinHead View Post
I don't think it's in her character to write a book like that. She seem more of a person who lives in the moment, and doesn't seem to be too reflective of the past. She is the opposite of Stevie in that regard.

Not everyone feels the need to write a tell- all book. Christine embodies a certain level of class and discretion when it comes to personal matters. She's been forthright with her life and issues, but doesn't elaborate or ruminate about them.

How addicted to drugs she was? That's a very assumptive question! Sure, she had her party days of over consumption and indulgence, but that doesn't necessarily equate with addiction. And she has already talked briefly about her time with Dennis. She doesn't owe us a dissertation about it.
Yeah I said I would like book. Not demanding one. If she wasn't addicted then she could put that in a book.

As far Dennis Wilson is concerned, she spoke a little about him but not enough for me.
Old 11-13-2014, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jondalar View Post

I would love her to write a book. I bet it would be the most honest of them all. She doesn't pull many punches. She does play media politics with the band, however. Like Stevie, she doesn't elaborate much.
Old 11-13-2014, 10:30 PM
Senior Ledgie

I'd be happy if she wrote a cookbook!
Old 11-14-2014, 12:54 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejb1969 View Post
I'd be happy if she wrote a cookbook!
That seems so Perfect for her. I'd buy it!
Christine is a singer, songwriter, and a cook. She is not an author.
No matter how interesting one's life/history might be not everyone has the will or ability to write their own biography.
Has anyone ever asked her about writing a book about her life? I bet she would just laugh it off.
It seems the main interest for her to write a tabloid-like book is to document her drug use and sex life. Her ego isn't that inflated.

Last edited by PenguinHead; 11-14-2014 at 01:28 AM..
Old 11-14-2014, 06:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
I would love her to write a book. I bet it would be the most honest of them all.
That's what I said! With Mick and Stevie, you never know what to believe and with Lindsey it would probably focus more on the music than anything else. Who knows with John. Out of all of them, I'd be most interested in a book from Christine.
Old 11-15-2014, 06:20 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montclare View Post
That's what I said! With Mick and Stevie, you never know what to believe and with Lindsey it would probably focus more on the music than anything else. Who knows with John. Out of all of them, I'd be most interested in a book from Christine.
I'd pay a lot of money for a book by Christine. Thinking about it though I'd really welcome a book by John- just because he's the one we hear the least about and probably know least about. I bet he's got plenty of interesting stories, particularly from the early years. He was a rabble-rouser by the sounds of it. Unfortunately he's the least likely to write about as there'd be a very limited market for it.
Old 11-15-2014, 02:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
I'd pay a lot of money for a book by Christine. Thinking about it though I'd really welcome a book by John- just because he's the one we hear the least about and probably know least about. I bet he's got plenty of interesting stories, particularly from the early years. He was a rabble-rouser by the sounds of it. Unfortunately he's the least likely to write about as there'd be a very limited market for it.
One thing about John is he says he doesn't remember a lot of things. He said that he will hear Mick talking and that will bring up a memory that he himself had forgotten because of the liquor.

Michele
Old 11-19-2014, 04:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

If Christine were to write a book, I'm sure it would be ghost-written by a professional writer, as most celebrity bios are.

Of course I'd like her to write a book. But she had all those years of retirement during which she would have had the time for it. I don't think she has the time for the next year or so to write a book.

The one unique subject, the one real "hook" that such a book could have, stems from the beginning of Christine's career. When she joined Chicken Shack and a few years later Fleetwood Mac, she was one of the very few women in music who sang, played, and wrote their own material in a mixed-gender band, on an equal footing with the guys in the band. As the band evolved around her, she continued to be an equal among equals in the band. I want to know how she accomplished this and what it was like to be in her situation. To me that is a much more interesting subject than the tell-all gossip that some fans seem to hunger for.

Last edited by nicepace; 11-21-2014 at 10:08 AM.. Reason: grammar