The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-25-2007, 04:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Wikipedia - tour with Christine?

Having taken a look at the F Mac page on Wikipedia, I was surprised to note the following quote.

In interviews given in November 2006 to support his Under the Skin solo album, Buckingham stated that plans for the band (including Christine) to reunite once more for a 2008 tour were still in the cards.

I added a "citation needed" tag but I'm curious. Where has Lindsey said this?

I've combed the interviews on fleetwoodmac-uk.com and found nothing so far.

Can anyone enlighten me?
Old 06-25-2007, 05:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Ok, so first Stevie, then Lindsey mentions the willing to get Christine again.. I think they are pressuring her to accept,
Old 06-25-2007, 06:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villavic View Post
Ok, so first Stevie, then Lindsey mentions the willing to get Christine again.. I think they are pressuring her to accept,
I have to say, if they did it then it would need to be a situation where ALL FIVE of them were REALLY passionate about doing it. And not only that but for the MUSIC!!! For the love of PERFORMING!!! Money would have to have NOTHING to do with it.

I'd rather they just officially announced their break-up than toured or recorded half-heartedly. Other bands will give us an album every three years at max these days, and if there was a gap of longer than five years...

Having said that if they were doing it, I wouldn't say no to a ticket as I've only seen the SYW line-up.
Old 06-25-2007, 06:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murrow View Post
I have to say, if they did it then it would need to be a situation where ALL FIVE of them were REALLY passionate about doing it. And not only that but for the MUSIC!!! For the love of PERFORMING!!! Money would have to have NOTHING to do with it..
Oh yes, I agree!! If Chris comes back she have TO WANT IT, to ENJOY IT. No more favors for Mick or something like that. The 5 members have to enjoy it. Only that way we would enjoy a good show and a good album, too
Old 06-25-2007, 10:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: ... in the shadow of this strange, strong love of you

Quote:
I have to say, if they did it then it would need to be a situation where ALL FIVE of them were REALLY passionate about doing it. And not only that but for the MUSIC!!! For the love of PERFORMING!!! Money would have to have NOTHING to do with it.
surely you jest.

omg. i hope you are jesting. (is jesting a word?)

fleetwood mac DID reunite already - christine included. it was called the dance. album and tour. huge money. new fans. huge money. whoo hoo.

how could they stage another "reunion" 10/11 years later without being the subject of ridicule and cynicism?

"We're rock stars. We are not nice."
Stevie Nicks, the sage mother goddess fierce gypsy bitch we adore.
Old 06-25-2007, 10:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

jesting is a word

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/jesting

sorry I had to

I would have to say-I really don't want it to sound selfish-but I would basically hate to never see any line up tour again. And as a new fan, it would be so great to see Chris come back, even if it was just for another album. I think that most fans do feel this way, but we do have to consider all of thier feelings in this. Both Lindsey and Stevie seem to be happy doing thier own thing [god I feel like I've writen this before...], and Mick seems pretty happy with his wine buisiness [although I bet hed prefer the FMac big bucks], and John is just probably off on his boat somewhere. Chris seems content where she is now in life too.

Money would be the main attraction for Mick, John and Chris at LEAST! I mean Stevie had pulled in a bunch of money with CV [probably the average for a Greatest Hits album], and Lindsey just seems so happy now. and I think I have heard this in an interview before-Stevie said it-he gets more money cause he's a producer? [its probably true whether she said it or not], plus one of thier albums must sell everyday somewhere, and they get royalties no matter what. But its not like any of them would ever have to worry about cash again. [unless thier spending it unwisely, but we wouldnt expect that now would we O.o]

Cat-of course theyd get ridicule. They still do just because Bill Clinton reintroduced them to the public in the early 90s . Anything anybody does today thats publisized goes under scrutney [spelt right??], but I dont think that they should care, or should any of thier fans

I heard on Buckinghamnicks.nets message board, that someone at a Lindsey show who talked to him, said that Lindsey said [hearsay...oh well] that FM would hopefully be back in 08. I forgot if there was a mention of Chris or not...

but either way, any Mac is welcomed
Old 06-25-2007, 10:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: ... in the shadow of this strange, strong love of you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrislit18 View Post
jesting is a word

sorry I had to

hahaha - and i love ya for it!

"We're rock stars. We are not nice."
Stevie Nicks, the sage mother goddess fierce gypsy bitch we adore.
Old 06-25-2007, 10:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I always do that...even at school
Old 06-26-2007, 12:00 AM

Quote:
jesting is a word

sorry I had to

I would have to say-I really don't want it to sound selfish-but I would basically hate to never see any line up tour again. And as a new fan, it would be so great to see Chris come back, even if it was just for another album. I think that most fans do feel this way, but we do have to consider all of thier feelings in this. Both Lindsey and Stevie seem to be happy doing thier own thing [god I feel like I've writen this before...], and Mick seems pretty happy with his wine buisiness [although I bet hed prefer the FMac big bucks], and John is just probably off on his boat somewhere. Chris seems content where she is now in life too.

Money would be the main attraction for Mick, John and Chris at LEAST! I mean Stevie had pulled in a bunch of money with CV [probably the average for a Greatest Hits album], and Lindsey just seems so happy now. and I think I have heard this in an interview before-Stevie said it-he gets more money cause he's a producer? [its probably true whether she said it or not], plus one of thier albums must sell everyday somewhere, and they get royalties no matter what. But its not like any of them would ever have to worry about cash again. [unless thier spending it unwisely, but we wouldnt expect that now would we O.o]

Cat-of course theyd get ridicule. They still do just because Bill Clinton reintroduced them to the public in the early 90s . Anything anybody does today thats publisized goes under scrutney [spelt right??], but I dont think that they should care, or should any of thier fans

I heard on Buckinghamnicks.nets message board, that someone at a Lindsey show who talked to him, said that Lindsey said [hearsay...oh well] that FM would hopefully be back in 08. I forgot if there was a mention of Chris or not...

but either way, any Mac is welcomed

people seem to forget Christine has the most hits.... in other words.. everytime you hear don't stop (released twice) little lies, everywhere, you make lovin fun, say you love me, over my head, hold me, think about me, love in store, as long as you follow, save me... .she gets the royalty check.....

little lies was played 5555559390939023909239039 times in the from 87 to 99....
don't stop was play 49092390939939999999999993993939 times from 77 til 2000....

i researched this....

Christine does not need or desire any more money... she's not elton john, but again... no way does she tour for anything other than wanting to give the fans and her old band one more go around....

anyone that thinks otherwise will be prosecuted to the full extent of the law

Last edited by jbrownsjr; 06-26-2007 at 12:02 AM..
Old 06-26-2007, 01:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thats true come to think of it
I was half thinking about that myself

she had the most singles released
Stevie had-Rhiannon, Dreams, Sara, Gypsy, and Seven Wonders, then SS and Landslide in 97.
Lindz had Blue Letter but royalties goto the dudes who wrote it lol. GOYW, Tusk, and Big Love. thats it. people think he had stuff to do with DS and HM which he didnt. only the vocals. [that eerks me when people think that...].

So your right jbrownsjr, Chris would get the most royalty money over all [but here i hear Dreams the most...just saying], so she wouldnt need to do it for the money. shed have to do it because she wanted to for the 'fun of it' or something along those lines. And just think of all the publicity Songbird got when TomKat used it as thier wedding song

when was Dont Stop released the second time? It said on Wikipedia that for Rumours it went GOYW, Dreams, Dont Stop, The Chain, YMLF, GDW etc. but it never said 'Dont Stop' a second time.

and all of them get royalties for the chian, which is probably the third most played here anyways...

Last edited by Chrislit18; 06-26-2007 at 01:46 PM.. Reason: i wikipeida-ed FM
Old 06-26-2007, 02:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

What does Wikipedia know?

I somehow ended up on the french version which had her down as "chanteur americain" I changed this to "chanteur anglais" but technically it should have been "chanteuse anglaise"

I don't think Lindsey has ever said they might tour again with Christine.

surely there would not be room on stage for all of them plus the testosterone?

Gail
Old 06-26-2007, 02:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
when was Dont Stop released the second time? It said on Wikipedia that for Rumours it went GOYW, Dreams, Dont Stop, The Chain, YMLF, GDW etc. but it never said 'Dont Stop' a second time.
"Don't Stop" was released for the second time around the time of the Clinton inauguration in 1993.

Chris doesn't need the money. Mick & John aren't in her financial realm, so to speak. She could probably live on her Rumours songs royalties alone. In her ITM interviews three years ago, she talked about a steady stream of royalty income & said that she didn't have Elton John type money, but "Who the hell would need that much anyway".
Old 06-26-2007, 03:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Haha Chris is Awesome
thanks for the Dont Stop info
Old 06-26-2007, 03:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Well, I gotta say, as a young fan, it would be something to se Chris back with the band, but like I've said before, only if she wants to do it.
Old 06-26-2007, 03:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Having taken a look at the F Mac page on Wikipedia, I was surprised to note the following quote.

In interviews given in November 2006 to support his Under the Skin solo album, Buckingham stated that plans for the band (including Christine) to reunite once more for a 2008 tour were still in the cards.
It's a pipe dream. Chris won't do a tour again. An album, maybe --hopefully. But a tour, no way. Can't say I blame her.