Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-22-2002, 02:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Default "Oh Daddy" DVD-Audio mix on mp3?

Hi all,

Does anyone have... or know where i can find... the Rumours DVD-Audio mix of "Oh Daddy" on mp3?
(I actually wouldn't mind having any/all of the tracks from that DVD-A on mp3, but I'm especially looking for "Oh Daddy")

I have the Rumours DVD-A, but I have no way of ripping the tracks to my computer. (I don't have a DVD-ROM drive)

I've looked thru Audio Galaxy and WinMX, but i've had no luck.
And I'm hesitant to try KaZaA, with all of the virus problems they've been having!

Thanks in advance!

Johnny Stew
Old 05-22-2002, 03:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Re: "Oh Daddy" DVD-Audio mix on mp3?

Quote:
Originally posted by Johnny Stew
Does anyone have... or know where i can find... the Rumours DVD-Audio mix of "Oh Daddy" on mp3?
I have a nice mix of that in mp3 format back at the house taken from the DVD-A. The mix highlights, or emphasizes, the various keyboard parts & the vocals. People can play around with the channels on the DVD player to highlight certain tracks.
Old 05-22-2002, 05:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default i love the Rumours DVD..

I don't need to hear the old Rumours ever again.

The first thing I did when I got the dvd was burn it on a cd so I could take it with me and play it on my portable cd player. Stevie was right about all the enhanced instrumentation that is clearly heard now. "Never Going Back Again" has never sounded better. And "OH Daddy" and hearing Stevie and the music and Christine's silky smooth voice.

But, most of all, I love how 'Silver Springs' fits perfectly between "Go Your Own Way" and "The Chain." And Rumours must end with "Songbird." Yep. Rumours the way it's suppose to be.

Johnny Stew. Sorry about the ramble, but you stirred some good feelings in me. I do love this DVD-audio. When I recorded the DVD, it was burned as one track. I did burn an extra copy that I would be willing to share.

ps. They should put Tusk and the White album on DVD... definitely Tusk.
Old 05-22-2002, 07:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Thanks for the replies.

Keith... if you're willing to share, or trade for, that extra copy you have, please let me know.
I'm not sure if the email address I have for you is still active, but you can reach me at johnnystew@yahoo.com

David... I'm also interested in that mix you have, if you don't mind sharing it. Do you do file-transfers?

Thanks again!

Johnny Stew

(Oh, and I agree... Fleetwood Mac, and Tusk, definitely need the DVD-Audio treatment... or, at the very least, all of The Mac's studio albums should be re-mastered and re-released on CD. Warner Bros. has been doing this with albums by Van Halen, Madonna, Van Morrison and others... I think it's high time they do the same for Fleetwood Mac.)
Old 05-22-2002, 07:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Help................

Keith,
How did you burn the DVD A to a Mp3? I haven't been able to do it. Thanks!
Old 05-23-2002, 07:19 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default hey bly..

I burned my Rumours cdr with my cd recorder through my stereo system. The file format it was recorded to is .cda not mp3.

I haven't tried to convert the cda files to mp3s.
Old 05-25-2002, 12:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Smile I have...

a Cd-R called "Staying True" that people have been passing off as an unreleased "Rumours" mix, But I believe its the audio DVD with some of channels of music reduced in volume so you can hear the vocals & instrumentation that you couldnt hear before...The vocal are TOO clear to be from a bootleg, Its almost like they are in the room singing..Im definately buying this DVD in the very near-future...Brian

"To acknowledge death is to accept freedom and responsibility."

"Fleetwood Mac and its fans remind me of a toilet plunger...keep bringing up old sh*t..."