Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 02-21-2018, 11:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sue View Post
I like SYW...it took me ages to get into it, it was a slow burner.
(I also like it as it was £3 from a charity shop, Best Buy ever....)

I think the songs are complex and need plenty of listening to.
Which is just what you want from an album.
I like SYW more every time I listen to it. I just find myself skipping songs here and there.

Silver Girl is just wrong on so many levels. It's the return of Second Time from BTM... It's really bad.

I love Illume. I don't tire of it. And I do love complex FMac. I just think it needs that glue. hmmmmm..
Old 02-22-2018, 06:50 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
I like SYW more every time I listen to it. I just find myself skipping songs here and there.

Silver Girl is just wrong on so many levels. It's the return of Second Time from BTM... It's really bad.

I love Illume. I don't tire of it. And I do love complex FMac. I just think it needs that glue. hmmmmm..

Hmmmmm, that Perfect glue that goes by the name of Mcvie, perhaps...
Old 02-22-2018, 07:33 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

SYW is definitely not the most cohesive album I have ever heard. I think some of it is due to the sequencing but it sounds like 2 solo albums converged. I love Miranda, Thrown Down, Illume, Steal Your Heart Away, Everybody Finds Out, and Say You Will. I dont even mind Silver Girl. The only song I really skip is Come. I am not a huge fan of those long guitar solos. I still enjoy the album. I do think it would have been even better with all 5. Christine's music does add levity and a more pop sound.
Old 02-22-2018, 08:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnL View Post
SYW is definitely not the most cohesive album I have ever heard. I think some of it is due to the sequencing but it sounds like 2 solo albums converged. I love Miranda, Thrown Down, Illume, Steal Your Heart Away, Everybody Finds Out, and Say You Will. I dont even mind Silver Girl. The only song I really skip is Come. I am not a huge fan of those long guitar solos. I still enjoy the album. I do think it would have been even better with all 5. Christine's music does add levity and a more pop sound.
I can't stand WTWCT, Silver Girl, SYW..

Love Come, Everybody Finds Out, Miranda, Illume, Say Goodbye.

Bleed to Love her is boring on the studio version. Not crazy about Steal Your Heart Away... I think the album is too long. It could have been more intense had Mick and Stevie got their way and had a 10 track album. Sometimes less is more.

A double album where the band isn't cohesive wouldn't have been a good idea.
Old 02-22-2018, 09:52 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Bleed to Love her is boring on the studio version. Not crazy about Steal Your Heart Away... I think the album is too long. It could have been more intense had Mick and Stevie got their way and had a 10 track album. Sometimes less is more.

GAH!!!! I'm one of the three people that LOVES WTWCT! WHY does everyone hate it? It's one of my few gems on that train wreck of an album!

I also love Steal YHA.

Come is HORRIBLE, and should never have made the cut on a FM record.

And hate Illume! Boring dreck, it is! That nasal singing is like a molasses enema!

Last edited by HomerMcvie; 02-22-2018 at 09:54 AM..
Old 02-22-2018, 11:25 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Why would Mick need another drummer(except with FM?)?
Same reason Lindsey needs another guitarist and Chris needs another keyboardist...?

I just can't think of any reasons he'd be "playing percussion" (as the Instagram post said) with Mick & Chris. Cuz we know FM ain't recording anything new...
Old 02-22-2018, 12:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

The Chris Lord-Alge remix of Say You Will should have been included on the album. It is SO MUCH better than what ended up on it. I agree with you on WTWCT. I dont hate it but it was a very poor choice for an opening song on an album.
Old 02-22-2018, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnL View Post
The Chris Lord-Alge remix of Say You Will should have been included on the album. It is SO MUCH better than what ended up on it. I agree with you on WTWCT. I dont hate it but it was a very poor choice for an opening song on an album.
WTWCT kills the vibe of the album. He was trying to do Second Hand News.. again... and it's a boring version..

Same thing with Sleeping Around the Corner.. but I like that song because it's got that quirky Lindsey vibe and it's quick.
Old 02-22-2018, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neal View Post
Same reason Lindsey needs another guitarist and Chris needs another keyboardist...?

I just can't think of any reasons he'd be "playing percussion" (as the Instagram post said) with Mick & Chris. Cuz we know FM ain't recording anything new...
I grow tired of paying to see their back up musicians. Especially Christine. So much talent and she's become so lazy on keys. Lindsey is right behind her. And Mick's always had Christine as a shaker for Oh Well, Monday Morning etc.. She doesn't even do that anymore.
Old 02-22-2018, 01:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

I believe WTWCT is a fantastic album opener.
There is very little I don't like about Say You Will. The band took huge creative risks on several tracks. I think the dare paid off. Of course the album missed Christine intensely. But we got In The Meantime instead and I would not trade that for the world.

I like Silver Girl. I think the lyrics are pretty good. Something captivates me about the song.
Old 02-22-2018, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
I believe WTWCT is a fantastic album opener.
There is very little I don't like about Say You Will. The band took huge creative risks on several tracks. I think the dare paid off. Of course the album missed Christine intensely. But we got In The Meantime instead and I would not trade that for the world.

I like Silver Girl. I think the lyrics are pretty good. Something captivates me about the song.
I love ITM! That's all I agree with on the above.
Old 02-22-2018, 02:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
GAH!!!! I'm one of the three people that LOVES WTWCT! WHY does everyone hate it? It's one of my few gems on that train wreck of an album!

I also love Steal YHA.

Come is HORRIBLE, and should never have made the cut on a FM record.

And hate Illume! Boring dreck, it is! That nasal singing is like a molasses enema!

WTWCT- I second that
SYHA- I second that
Illume- I second that
Come- I don't second that. It kicks butt.

'Where words fail, music speaks'
Mick Fleetwood
Old 02-22-2018, 02:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I grow tired of paying to see their back up musicians. Especially Christine. So much talent and she's become so lazy on keys. Lindsey is right behind her. And Mick's always had Christine as a shaker for Oh Well, Monday Morning etc.. She doesn't even do that anymore.

I really don't think its laziness. I think she just experiences too much pain when she plays.

Mick Fleetwood
Old 02-22-2018, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
I really don't think its laziness. I think she just experiences too much pain when she plays.
I don't buy that. Only because I thought she was lazy before her alleged injury.

Don't get me wrong, I love her to death. But, play your instrument.
Old 02-22-2018, 05:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I don't buy that. Only because I thought she was lazy before her alleged injury.

Don't get me wrong, I love her to death. But, play your instrument.

I don't think there ever was an 'injury'. I think its just arthritis.
Pure speculation, of course.
Musicians are prone to arthritis and piano players in particular. My guess would be its exacerbated if somebody played regularly but then had a long break. Its been mentioned before (by me, I'm sure) but she holds her two middle fingers on her right hand really awkwardly at times.

Mick Fleetwood