User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-09-2014, 02:15 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Unknown song in Destiny Rules documentary

Hello everyone

Recently re-watched Destiny Rules and noticed something I hadn't before. Sorry if this has been asked before.

There is a moment during the film when Lindsey and Stevie are working on a song together. It's one of Lindsey's songs and Stevie is adding her vocals to it. The lyric is something like "I am waiting...oh yeah... for somewhere to call my own...oh yeah, oh yeah". Lindsey says to Stevie, "You don't have to sing the oh yeahs." Now I believe this song never made it onto Say You Will.

Does anyone know the name of this song? Has it been featured on any Lindsey solo records or Fleetwood Mac releases since SYW?

Thanks,

SL

Edit: Sorry guys - found it! Should have searched first. Feel free to delete this thread. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ytnunZT3zJQ (I love it!)

Last edited by secret love; 01-09-2014 at 02:33 AM..
Old 01-09-2014, 02:32 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secret love View Post
Hello everyone

Recently re-watched Destiny Rules and noticed something I hadn't before. Sorry if this has been asked before.

There is a moment during the film when Lindsey and Stevie are working on a song together. It's one of Lindsey's songs and Stevie is adding her vocals to it. The lyric is something like "I am waiting...oh yeah... for somewhere to call my own...oh yeah, oh yeah". Lindsey says to Stevie, "You don't have to sing the oh yeahs." Now I believe this song never made it onto Say You Will.

Does anyone know the name of this song? Has it been featured on any Lindsey solo records or Fleetwood Mac releases since SYW?
It's "I Am Waiting" from Lindsey's "Under The Skin" album.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 01-09-2014, 10:36 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
It's "I Am Waiting" from Lindsey's "Under The Skin" album.
yup. also a Rolling Stones' cover.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 01-09-2014, 10:48 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
yup. also a Rolling Stones' cover.
I actually read this and thought you meant that the RS had covered it. I had no idea it was original to them! How have I lived this long thinking Lindsey wrote the song? I feel very silly.

It seems odd that it would've been chosen for potential inclusion on SYW, a "comeback album" from a band of legendary songwriters, given this fact.
Old 01-09-2014, 11:41 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dex View Post
I actually read this and thought you meant that the RS had covered it. I had no idea it was original to them! How have I lived this long thinking Lindsey wrote the song? I feel very silly.

It seems odd that it would've been chosen for potential inclusion on SYW, a "comeback album" from a band of legendary songwriters, given this fact.
Lindsey has a thing for Brian Jones inspired Rolling Stones songs.. The Singer not the Song, She Smiled Sweetly.. also, I've Been Loving You Too Long was on the RS live album around that time too- though FM never actually recorded it.
Old 01-09-2014, 01:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dex View Post

And he did Blue Turns to Grey, as well.

Michele
Old 01-10-2014, 07:10 AM
Addicted Ledgie

And Gotta Get Away, which just popped up on my iPod this morning. On some of them he tweaks the lyrics a bit to get them closer to what he wants to say.