User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 12-30-2013, 01:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrStevie View Post
then it's okay to believe this article as the rare good one in a publication known for being nothing but complete trash?
So, tell me about the magazine. I thought people don't like it because they don't like its views. I didn't know it was considered unreliable. Is it considered like a tabloid magazine, like our National Enquirer?

The only contact I have with the magazine is for its pictures. It usually has really nice, high definition photos in the online version.

Michele

Last edited by michelej1; 12-30-2013 at 06:30 PM..
Old 12-30-2013, 01:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dex View Post
I know many people who read the Daily Mail but they all seem to be quite self-aware about how appalling it is. So that's... Something, I guess. I do genuinely think it's the sheer readability of it that draws people in, against all else, even the fact that it's historically been absolutely wrong about everything (yes, including Hitler).
Oh ok. You've given me perspective about what it is. I've never read news in it, but I have seen pretty of photo spreads, most recently of Freddie Prinze, SMG and their kids.

Michele
Old 12-30-2013, 01:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrStevie View Post
...I always considered Mick one of the great loves of my life.’ ( )
Yes, I thought that this sounded like an old quote of Stevie's. She has definitely said this about Mick, but she hasn't said it in the last few years. More recently, she has said that their affair was a big mistake. Although, she clearly cherishes him as a friend.

Michele
Old 12-30-2013, 01:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
All I know is that Christine and Lindsey are working on music together again in some capacity.
If Christine didn't say that she gave songs to Lindsey and he loved them and his mind was whirring to Mac them up, then I'm devastated.

Michele
Old 12-30-2013, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
If Christine didn't say that she gave songs to Lindsey and he loved them and his mind was whirring to Mac them up, then I'm devastated.

Michele
That quote sounds so like them. I'm hoping it's solid.
Old 12-30-2013, 02:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
I'm not sure I understand all of the outrage centered around this publication asking Stevie if she'd ever had an affair with a woman. It's 2014, not the dark ages. Plus, of anyone in Fleetwood Mac, it's Stevie who's known for her high profile affairs & sexual prowess. She's pretty frank about all of it too; so why not ask her if one of her many loves was a woman? It seems like a logical progression to me.
I have to agree that it is an odd question to ask anyone, let alone someone who is in their 60s. It's just a little disrespectful. Would you ask your grandmother this question? Probably not. My take is that it's a stereotypical straight man's fantasy to know about such things. For many years, it was a recurring joke on sitcoms and in movies, where the thought of two women together would make straight men behave in a silly manner.

Last edited by SpyNote; 12-30-2013 at 02:04 PM..
Old 12-30-2013, 04:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpyNote View Post
I have to agree that it is an odd question to ask anyone, let alone someone who is in their 60s. It's just a little disrespectful. Would you ask your grandmother this question? Probably not.
I'm 31, and my surviving Grandparent is 91. My parents, however, are about Stevie's age. And let me tell you, they recount anything & everything they did during their drug & alcohol filled 20s & 30s. I think that's a function of the Baby Boomer generation, though. This is the generation who started the counter culture & women's movements. Sexual liberation was at the forefront for these people, as was the proliferation of recreational drugs. This same generation experienced the civil rights era and protested the hypocrisy of Vietnam & Watergate. I think personal openness is just hardwired into the Baby Boomer generation- they brought into the light the human (mis)behavior that had always been around. Just because Stevie may be a senior citizen now hardly makes her a fragile old woman. In this same article she's discussing her hardcore drug usage & affairs with married men who had children, all while apoligizing for none of it.

To me, the far more eye raising part of this article was the interviewer asking Lindsey about his purported past violence towards women- then calling him on it when he refused to admit specific incidents. That's a lot cheekier than asking Stevie if she'd ever had an affair with a woman. But different things shock different folks, for sure. I also admit I know nothing of the Daily Mail, either. It sounds a bit like the UK's version of Fox News. Meaning, the publication appeals to a very 'specific' audience & the integrity of their journalistic motives might be debatable.
Old 12-30-2013, 08:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
That quote sounds so like them. I'm hoping it's solid.
And certainly what Christine said about Peter sounded authentic. Michele
Old 12-30-2013, 08:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
I'm 31, and my surviving Grandparent is 91. My parents, however, are about Stevie's age. And let me tell you, they recount anything & everything they did during their drug & alcohol filled 20s & 30s. I think that's a function of the Baby Boomer generation, though. This is the generation who started the counter culture & women's movements. Sexual liberation was at the forefront for these people, as was the proliferation of recreational drugs. This same generation experienced the civil rights era and protested the hypocrisy of Vietnam & Watergate. I think personal openness is just hardwired into the Baby Boomer generation- they brought into the light the human (mis)behavior that had always been around. Just because Stevie may be a senior citizen now hardly makes her a fragile old woman. In this same article she's discussing her hardcore drug usage & affairs with married men who had children, all while apoligizing for none of it.

To me, the far more eye raising part of this article was the interviewer asking Lindsey about his purported past violence towards women- then calling him on it when he refused to admit specific incidents. That's a lot cheekier than asking Stevie if she'd ever had an affair with a woman. But different things shock different folks, for sure. I also admit I know nothing of the Daily Mail, either. It sounds a bit like the UK's version of Fox News. Meaning, the publication appeals to a very 'specific' audience & the integrity of their journalistic motives might be debatable.
The Daily Mail is indeed like Fox News. If you like your news peppered with right-wing foam-mouthed rants, then it's fantastic.

Its online version is separate and more celebrity gossip-oriented. Salacious as their reporters can be, I've no reason to doubt the quotes they attribute to Christine, and I can almost hear her saying them. I agree with Michele that the comment about Peter Green sounds authentic.
Old 12-30-2013, 11:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

If there was any truth to Stevie's quote or reaction to the lesbian question,then her response makes one believe that she might be bi because,IMO,the more someone tries to convince you of something the more likely they're not being altogether truthful.Once again,if any of it was true...just a thought.
Old 12-30-2013, 11:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulpian View Post
The Daily Mail is indeed like Fox News. If you like your news peppered with right-wing foam-mouthed rants, then it's fantastic.
That's pretty funny. If Jon Stewart ever wanted to change countries, sounds like he could do his show in the UK too.

Michele
Old 12-31-2013, 12:19 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by teedeerocks View Post
If there was any truth to Stevie's quote or reaction to the lesbian question,then her response makes one believe that she might be bi because,IMO,the more someone tries to convince you of something the more likely they're not being altogether truthful.Once again,if any of it was true...just a thought.
I don't know, but if the coke-in-the-bum story were true, who do we think she asked to do it? A man?? Hardly.
Old 12-31-2013, 01:41 AM
Ledgie

This might be gross but the mechanics of the coke in the bum sounds tricky to achieve, for a variety of reasons!
Old 12-31-2013, 02:06 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn Ocean View Post
This might be gross but the mechanics of the coke in the bum sounds tricky to achieve, for a variety of reasons!
A huge line and a huge straw. I'm not sure what, if any, benefit to this would be. Then again, I live in a glorified suburb of Cincinnati.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 12-31-2013, 10:25 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by teedeerocks View Post
True-blue Stevie fans would take Stevie at her word. Just sayin'!