Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-16-2013, 08:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Toronto, 4/16

so i'm reading tweets and watching photos and it seems their background is very different for many songs in Toronto tonight... looks like they may have gotten rid of those 4 moving pieces, at least for a number of songs?

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 04-16-2013, 08:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
so i'm reading tweets and watching photos and it seems their background is very different for many songs in Toronto tonight... looks like they may have gotten rid of those 4 moving pieces, at least for a number of songs?
nope still there http://instagram.com/p/YL9RzrvO05/

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 04-16-2013, 08:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Eyes!!
https://vine.co/v/bFEgl5H5bOw

Old 04-16-2013, 08:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I like the backgrounds as they help to provide a visual image to the songs - as long as they aren't too annoying and distracting.
Old 04-16-2013, 09:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I hope you guys up there are having fun at tonight's show.

We be here waiting for the reviews,Photos,Videos to start streaming in here.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 04-17-2013, 02:51 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Second Hand News

The Chain & Dreams

Landslide

Old 04-17-2013, 02:59 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Sad Angel

Second Hand News, The Chain & Dreams

Last edited by vivfox; 04-17-2013 at 03:11 AM..
Old 04-17-2013, 03:10 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Rhiannon

Go Your Own Way (snippet)

Don't Stop (snippet)

Old 04-17-2013, 02:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

The Sara hug is creeping back up on us.

The person who uploaded that has about 5 or 6 other videos up that are great quality.
Old 04-17-2013, 02:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thanks for the vids guys.

I have a question?

What time did FM get up and running at these shows .Were they running late or they were on time.

I want to feel what time they got up and play.

No opening acts .Right........

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 04-17-2013, 05:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

tons of reviews from Toronto show (and tons of tweets, although apparently no Toronto ledgies! ), some more funny or clueless than others.

this one initial was full of "Lindsay"s but that part got fixed after someone's comment. we still have Stevie Nick's in there though -

http://velvetropemagazine.com/2013/0...t-for-the-70s/

Fleetwood Mac Puts On A Concert for the 70’s
Posted on 2013/04/17 by I.R.I.S. ENTERTAINMENT

Courtesy of Craig Dubecki

Fleetwood Mac Puts On A Concert for the 70’s
by: Craig Dubecki

A full house of likely three-generations of families, paid witness to an epic concert last night at the ACC thanks to Fleetwood Mac turning the clock back some thirty-five years! It totally rocked! This was the closest to a “real” 1970’s concert that you will experience! I’ve lost count of the number of major concerts I have seen. Last time I checked it was well over two hundred. A good percentage of them have been Classic Rock bands. I cannot remember the last time I saw such an amazing “greatest hits” concert! Fleetwood Mac, consisting of Mick Fleetwood, John McVie, Lindsay Buckingham and Stevie Nicks (Christine McVie being the only main member missing) entertained a very lively and connected crowd for over two-and-a-half hours. They have never played or sounded better!

Growing up in the generation that spawned bands such as Fleetwood Mac, I always considered them to be more the sum of the parts. In other words, no one shone over the other. They had hit after hit and it was the “band” that stood out. Last night, while the band certainly did shine as a whole, it became clear the individual talent that each had and how it has not been lost with the ages!

Starting out with a bang in “Second Hand News” followed by “The Chain” and “Dreams”, the hits just came oncoming with “Rhiannon”, a few songs from Tusk including a terrific live concert version of Tusk itself. A new song “Sad Angel” was tested out on us and I have to tell you, they still have the great song-writing skills!

Stevie pulled out a song she wrote for Lindsey circa 1974 called “Without You”. This was the song back in the early 70’s that convinced Mick to invite Stevie and Lindsay to join the band. “Never Going Back Again”, “Gold Dust Woman”, rocked us while the beautiful “Silver Springs”, the ever-enchanting, “Sara” the whimsical “Gypsy” and “Sisters of the Moon” balanced out the soft passion from the intensity that oozes out from this band.

If it weren’t for Stevie Nick’s voice being so 70’s strong, Lindsey Buckingham would have stolen the show. Here is where I go to the sum of the parts being so memorable. Last night? My goodness! Lindsey Buckingham can play the guitar! Rhythm! Lead guitar! Searing solos going to the rare 24th fret at times. I had no idea! He put on a show to end all shows. Mick Fleetwood for sure had his moments with drum solos and background singing. John McVie stood quietly to the side being the backbone for the band, as most bass players do. The remaining band members were stellar!

It was, really about Stevie and Lindsey. Standing about 10 meters apart, it was all business. That is until Stevie waltzed over and sang in front of Lindsey, then seemed to almost collapse into him, hugging him and maybe, just maybe, for all of us who know the drama that this band has been renowned for, maybe she said, “Lindsey? I love you! Let’s forget about the past **** and enjoy the moment, here in Toronto”! Was Lindsey in tears after that encounter? I think so! “Big Love was the first solo showcase for Lindsay putting us all on the edge of our seat. Later, dedicating a song for her god-children; Mick Fleetwood’s two young girls who were brought on stage at the end if it all, and with Lindsay setting the tone with his acoustic, Stevie provided us with an amazing four minutes of “Landslide”.

The journey we were all part came to a climaxing end with a soaring solo from Lindsay leading into “Stand Back”, “Go Your Own Way”. This is where it truly felt like I was in 1978 with Stevie sporting her infamous black hat and showing us she can still do her trademarked spinning on stage.

Five minutes later the first encore complete with a huge drum solo during “World Turning” followed by Don’t Stop, lead to a second encore featuring the beautiful “Silver Springs”. With just Stevie and Lindsay on stage, fittingly performing a duet of Lindsay’s song he wrote to Stevie about ten years ago, they ended with an emotional “Say Goodbye”.

“Mystical”! “Magical”! “Haunting”! These are all words to describe my take on this event. I try to find moments that make this show special to all who were there. There was deep dialogue between Lindsay, Stevie and us. From the tender moments between Stevie and Lindsay, to Mick bringing his girls on stage, to Lindsay throwing his leather jacket into the crowd, it truly felt like there was a love affair going on between us and the band. How can people leave early from a concert like this? I don’t get it! Fleetwood Mac is back! Big time! We can all enjoy feeling just a little bit younger now!

Old 04-17-2013, 07:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Toronto Sun review... was trying to convince this woman via twitter to snap a pic of Linds sitting on the stage during WT, but didn't work. was also trying to convince her that Sara is boring

http://www.torontosun.com/2013/04/17...f-chops-at-acc

Veteran rockers Fleetwood Mac show off chops at ACC

BY JANE STEVENSON ,QMI AGENCY
FIRST POSTED: WEDNESDAY, APRIL 17, 2013 09:14 AM EDT | UPDATED:
WEDNESDAY, APRIL 17, 2013 10:26 AM EDT
Fleetwood Mac brings world tour to Air Canada Centre
IMAGE: 1 OF 16

Legendary rockers Fleetwood Mac brought their World Tour 2013 to the Air Canada Centre on Tuesday to a packed house. (JACK BOLAND/Toronto Sun)

Article

Fleetwood Mac
4.5 stars

TORONTO - Well hasn’t been broken yet.

In fact, it looks stronger than ever.

Veteran rockers Fleetwood Mac, touring again for the first time in over three years in support of the 35th anniversary of their juggernaut album, 1977’s Rumours - 45 million albums sold and counting - came to the Air Canada Centre on Tuesday night for a sold-out show in front of 17,000 fans.

And thanks to the consistent, but friendly, game of musical one-up-manship going on between former lovers and current bandmates Stevie Nicks and Lindsey Buckingham on stage for two and a half hours, it turned out to be a really good thing.

The couple are powerful alone - as they both took their turns often in the solo spotlight - and pretty much unstoppable together as they proved on such acoustic standouts as Landslide (with Buckingham kissing Nicks' hand at the very end) and the evening’s poignant closer Say Goodbye, the latter which Buckingham wrote about Nicks a decade ago.

“Much of what we had experienced was behind us although, obviously there is much left to do. But even so, it’s about healing, faith, hope and it’s about closure,” Buckingham said.

Fleetwood Mac now consists of ethereal singer Nicks, 64, mad genius singer-guitarist Buckingham, 63, wild-eyed and open-mouthed drummer Mick Fleetwood, 65, and low-key bassist John McVie, 67, who’ve long been a foursome since keyboardist-singer Christine McVie gave up touring in 1998. (They also have a touring keyboardist Brett Tuggle, second guitarist Neale Hayward and longtime backup singers Sharon Celani and Lori Perry Nicks.)

“We are indeed pleased to be back with you tonight,” Buckingham said after the British-American band opened strong with Rumours lead-off song, Second Hand News, with Fleetwood on drums before Lindsey’s guitar kicked in.

“Every time we come together - it’s different. It sure is this time. That’s the beauty of this band. There are still chapters to be written.”

In fact, aside from Rumours classics like The Chain and Dreams which came early in the set, the group also played the new tune Sad Angel which Buckingham said was from a soon to be released EP online before an eventual hard copy release.

And Nicks offered up Without You, an old new tune from 1970-'71 that she had written for Buckingham but resurfaced in 2010 when she found the demo on YouTube.

“We were crazy in love and waiting for something to come ‘cause we knew something was coming,” she explained of when Buckingham Nicks (as they were called as a duo) would join Fleetwood Mac in 1975.

But for the most part it, was when either singer showed off their individual chops on older songs that Fleetwood Mac, playing on a stage dominated by large video screen that showed striking, often abstract visuals - or in the case of Tusk a marching band - seemed to really shine with major nods to the group dynamics along the way on such classics as Go Your Own Way and Don’t Stop.

Nicks, in head-to-toe black including her trademark suede boots and various shawls, was at her best singing seductively or twirling slowly on her signature tracks Dreams, Rhiannon, Sara (tucking her face into Buckingham’s shoulder before leaving the stage), Gypsy and Gold Dust Woman, or kicking it up a notch with her own solo hit Stand Back.

“One lovely gorgeous angel,” as Fleetwood called her during band introductions towards the end of the show.

Buckingham, meanwhile, expertly and maniacly wailed away on his guitar on Big Love, World Turning - also featuring a drum solo by Fleetwood - and I’m So Afraid or took a more gentle turn on Never Going Back Again.

“We appreciate that you’ve stayed with us all these years and when you walk out tonight, know you did something for us,” said Nicks.

And vice versa.

Old 04-17-2013, 07:55 PM
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildHearted View Post
The Sara hug is creeping back up on us.

The person who uploaded that has about 5 or 6 other videos up that are great quality.

Loved Stevie's smile at the end of the hug.
Old 04-17-2013, 08:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Gold Dust Woman (screen shot)

Never Going Back Again (screen shot)

Rhiannon

Old 04-17-2013, 08:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

ahh i need sisters of the moon. i have been searching for it all day and cant find it anywhere.