Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Lindsey Buckingham
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 11-28-2018, 08:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Heart meet & greet stories

did we already make a thread for m&gs and what people learned from them?

people have been posting stories and pics all over our Real Savage FB group, and there are such beautiful stories. also some great info about the new album, and his responses to other stuff people have asked him.

mainly, the common thread has been that the old adage "don't meet your heroes" doesn't hold up with Lindsey. he is attentive and warm and thoughtful and comforting in his fan interactions. it's so nice to see that so many fans get to experience meeting him and learning more about and from him.

i don't feel it's my place to share other people's stories, but if some are here, maybe they will feel confortable enough to do it.

just one little excerpt from someone LB gave some thoughtful feedback: "Whoever said, don't meet your idols because they will let you down was wrong. I met my idol and musical and creative inspiration who I adore and it was everything I wanted and more. His smile, hugs, and everything about him was humble, kind, and genuine. "

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 11-29-2018, 07:50 AM
Addicted Ledgie

https://heatheraposey.blogspot.com/2....html?spref=tw

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 11-29-2018, 09:43 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post

That was breathtaking. Thank you Elle, for posting.
Old 11-29-2018, 12:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Heart

Quote:

Heartbreaking & beautiful.. what a bittersweet moment that must've been for her. Glad she got to meet Linds.
Old 11-29-2018, 12:42 PM
Senior Ledgie

Wonderful to see these stories! I would be curious to know what Lindsey has planned for before his CD release late next year. Maybe someone could ask at a meet n greet?
Old 11-29-2018, 01:34 PM
BigAl84
This message has been deleted by BigAl84.
Old 11-29-2018, 05:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

What a moving blog you posted, elle!

As for me - I feel like I really didn't make the most of my meet'n'greet with Lindsey.

As I walked up to him, he gave me this warm smile. I just instinctively went to hug him. As my arms started to go around him, I thought, Nancy, this might not be cool with him. I froze right before I made contact and quickly asked, "Is this appropriate?" He laughed and completed the hug, so I knew all was well. lol

Afterwards, as I said in my review, I told him how much I appreciated he was doing "Soul Drifter" - that the song meant a lot to me. He thanked me and commented that the song had taken on an entirely new meaning for him now. Of course, he didn't need to elaborate upon WHY. I replied, "I imagine so!"

We snapped our picture together and this is where I faltered. Instead of thinking of something clever to say, I said, "So nice to meet you... although we just talked for like a couple minutes.. " He looked a bit concerned, like he was afraid I was complaining, so I rushed to add, "I'm just so glad we got to do even that..." He smiled and nodded, and I knew it was time for me to walk away.

UGH. Well, even as I cringed at my clumsy parting words - and wished I had said something a bit more meaningful before ending our interaction - I was still able to pull myself together enough to ensure that my friends and I got an extra picture as a group instead of just individuals. Lindsey had zero problems with that. Too bad that my job as negotiator for the pic meant that I was on the edge and didn't get to stand next to Lindsey again as my two friends did (not that I begrudged them)!

Lindsey was patient and sweet. I just wish I looked cuter in my pic with him, but that's not his fault, lol.

Now, in truth, I had met the man before, and in a much different setting which allowed for more conversation. However, in terms of what these photo sessions are like, Lindsey did not disappoint.

Last edited by sodascouts; 11-29-2018 at 10:50 PM..
Old 11-29-2018, 07:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Canton Meet and Greet, 11/26/2018

I asked Lindsey if he was keeping the album name “Blue Light.“ I said I asked because Paul Simon has an album coming out entitled “Into the Blue Light.” Feigning anger, he said he would have to change it but that his album wouldn’t be out for a year. (At this point I was stunned, not a whole year. Thinking about it later, I am guessing a summer/fall release. If being an LB fan has taught me anything, it is to be patient).

I noted that it had been 26 years since he re-invented Big Love and he needs to keep challenging himself, perhaps with an acoustic re-working of Family Man. Drew a “hmm, interesting” response.

I said Johnny Stew would be a killer live. LB stated that was an album recorded “under the influence.” Laughing, he told my daughter she probably knows what he was talking about.

My daughter asked him to release the acoustic instrumentals he plays before the show. I enthusiastically encouraged him as well.

Got my Out of the Cradle vinyl album cover signed (my daughter and I strategically got in the back of the line as autographs were being discouraged). I told him that his music has always bonded my daughter and I, especially the OOTC album.

The gals in front of us asked if he had seen the Broadway production of Hamilton. I overheard that he saw it in LA, went in with low expectations but was amazed at the production.
Old 11-29-2018, 08:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
What a moving blog you posted, elle!

As for me - I feel like I really didn't make the most of my meet'n'greet with Lindsey.

As I walked up to him, he gave me this warm smile. I just instinctively went to hug him. As my arms started to go around him, I thought, Nancy, this might not be cool with him. I froze right before I made contact and quickly asked, "Is this appropriate?" He laughed and completed the hug, so I knew all was well. lol

Afterwards, as I said in my review, I told him how much I appreciated he was doing "Soul Drifter" - that the song meant a lot to me. He thanked me and commented that the song had taken on an entirely new meaning for him now. Of course, he didn't need to elaborate upon WHY. I replied, "I imagine so!"

We snapped our picture together and this is where I faltered. Instead of thinking of something clever to say, I said, "So nice to meet you... although we just talked for like a couple minutes.. " He looked a bit concerned, like he was afraid I was complaining, so I rushed to add, "I'm just so glad we got to do even that..." He smiled and nodded, and I knew it was time for me to walk away.

UGH. Well, even as I cringed at my clumsy parting words - and wished I had said something a bit more meaningful before ending our interaction - I was still able to pull myself together enough to ensure that my friends and I got an extra picture as a group instead of just individuals. Lindsey had zero problems with that. Too bad that my job as negotiator for the pic meant that I was on the edge and didn't get to stand next to Lindsey again as my two friends did!

Lindsey was patient and sweet. I just wish I looked cuter in my pic with him, but that's not his fault, lol.

Now, in truth, I had met the man before, and in a much different setting which allowed for more conversation. However, in terms of what these photo sessions are like, Lindsey did not disappoint.

This is so sweet. It's like when I asked him my question totally out of the blue, and he was so surprised, but recovered quickly and made small talk and was quite kind about the whole thing.

I also approached him in a semi crouch position, rubbing my hands together, (my husband informed me after of, I didn't realize I was doing this) because I was so genuinely excited beyond belief. He probably thought I was some nut, but when I told him I'd waited 43 years for this, he kinda giggled.

And that leather jacket that felt like butter, OMG..................

ps. I asked him what his favorite ski hill was He looked at me like WTF?? Then totally got into it.
Old 11-29-2018, 08:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbfan View Post
My daughter asked him to release the acoustic instrumentals he plays before the show. I enthusiastically encouraged him as well..
Thank you (and to your daughter)!

You really made the most of your moment with him.
That's hilarious about his feigned anger about the Paul Simon album.

"One year"... Hopefully he has the same concept of "one year" as Stevie did in her CBC interview this year -- but either way, his 'so-called visions' are 'always deferred', so it would be no surprise!

It's difficult meeting an idol, and there's no one correct way to go about it.
Being cool as a cucumber and meeting them as an equal might take away from the joyous fun of being a giddy fan. Or there's the difference between enjoying the emotional, zen experience of just being there in the moment without pre-planned scripts and words, compared to going in like a journalist on a fact-finding mission.

In the end I think the experience is determined by the caliber of the person you're meeting, and in Lindsey's case he seems to just about always make you feel like it was a positive, playful, and thoughtful experience, however pitch-perfect or off-key the fan's "performance" is!
Old 11-29-2018, 08:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethemac1 View Post
I also approached him in a semi crouch position, rubbing my hands together, (my husband informed me after of, I didn't realize I was doing this) because I was so genuinely excited beyond belief. He probably thought I was some nut
LOL

"My precious!"
Old 12-11-2018, 08:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Talking

love this!

he's got exact same face he makes in every single pic. the funny thing is, he does a running commentary right before pic is being taken so you can't help but laugh.... and then you look at the pic, and there he is all stone faced.

Old 12-11-2018, 09:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
love this!

he's got exact same face he makes in every single pic. the funny thing is, he does a running commentary right before pic is being taken so you can't help but laugh.... and then you look at the pic, and there he is all stone faced.
That's AWESOME!! He is literally the same in every shot.

In my pic he's semi smiling. Probably the crouch I walked up to him in made him laugh. My husbands picture is semi smile too, and the one of both of us he is talking so his mouth is open!!

I can't seem to load them here because it says the file is tooooooo big and I'm toooooooo non-techie to figure out how to change it. Maybe I'll get one of my kids to do something so I can.