Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-14-2009, 09:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeA View Post
Bingo.

It's fascinating, because it basically set off everything that happened with Lindsey's solo career from '98-'01ish. It created all sorts of discord, and directly contributed to the protracted delay for the album then known as "Gift Of Screws".

After Howie Klein- a huge ally of Lindsey's- left Reprise, David Kahne and Briggs stonewalled Lindsey, making unreasonable requirements/concessions to get the album out (ex. Sarah McLachlan on "Twist of Fate"). The label lost a ton of money promoting the abortion known as "Out Of The Cradle", and they weren't going to do a similar promotional roll out unless Lindsey played ball.

Of course, Lindsey opted to ride it out, and write songs about the experience (ex. "What's The World Coming To"). Kahne responded by dropping him and Fleetwood Mac from the label. They only chose WBR to release "Say You Will" because Kahne was long gone by this point, replaced with the much more artist-friendly Tom Whalley.

Exactly. For all we know, the credit for Kristen was probably added by a Lindsey fan who jumped to the same conclusions.

Damn straight!
Ah...I didn't know about all the label dealings...thanks for the info.

As for Briggs, I've heard Kristen was married to him too, so ... again, who knows?

I do think that was her in the movie, but I'm just going by the pics I've seen...wouldn't surprise me either way....I do think she took a few pics for WB but under the name "Kristen Briggs" ...