Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 12-10-2018, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
I seriously doubt she's a troublemaker. She appears to be trying to keep the peace and build a bridge. And like most people placed in that position, she's not doing a great job of accomplishing it.

Remember that when she was working with LB Stevie would call her and ask if LB was "being a good boy." Rather than Christine being the trouble maker, it's far, far more likely she--as the other songwriter and front person--is placed in a VERY awkward place, negotiating the LB/SN quarrel which, according Mick paraphrasing Christine, should have been resolved years ago.

If you're ever in a family or close-friend situation where two people are constantly at each other's throats, it places all the others involved in delicate situations. The situation is even more complex if you love each of those warring factions equally--yet differently. Christine has significant bonds with both LB and SN and shouldn't have to take sides in their ongoing inability to reconcile. Do I largely blame Stevie? Yes, but Lindsey is not innocent in all this.
I often feel in my bones part of the reason she left for 15 years was because of the drama those 2 created.

It gets quite old after a while.
Old 12-10-2018, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownOnRodeo View Post
Sorry, I said that with tongue in cheek.
I don't imagine for a moment that she's ever 'intending' to cause trouble, of all things trouble between those two. (As you point out, it would have made decades of her life more tolerable were Stevie and Lindsey either getting along better or not working together at all.)

On the other hand, her demeanor and comments in interviews and on stage have always come across to me as "British Aunt Christine lounging in the kitchen with a cup of tea and a biscuit, smirking while she quietly dishes out a some scathing aspersions about the loony neighbors with a guilty chuckle." And as a result, even when she talks "in the eyes of the world" she seems to me to be in her own little world, which for example resulted in egging Lindsey on to make this (supposedly) troublesome comment.
I absolutely agree with this. And I believe this is her outlet of having to deal with all the drama. Some humor.
Old 12-10-2018, 01:34 PM
Senior Ledgie

Glad Christine is communicating, but yes she does have something to do with this as she is out there playing with the farce band like everyone else.

I have to be honest, if Lindsey came back for a final tour, I would go in a heartbeat.
Old 12-10-2018, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buster View Post
Glad Christine is communicating, but yes she does have something to do with this as she is out there playing with the farce band like everyone else.

I have to be honest, if Lindsey came back for a final tour, I would go in a heartbeat.
We probably all would. Even those who say 'no' would come around.

I know you people!!!
Old 12-10-2018, 01:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
We probably all would. Even those who say 'no' would come around.

I know you people!!!
And if/when it happens, they will make a huuuuuuuge deal of the reconciliation and "Landslide" will cease being about Hurricane Katrina or Hillary Clinton's bid for presidency or Tom Petty's death and be about rock's most dysfunctional team's unshakable bond. Stevie will say "I believe Lindsey's return to the band was the result of all the fans collectively wishing for his return--the universe speaking..."

For years, FM fans were compelled to choose between Peter Green's band or the Rumours lineup. Then, we all struggled to pick a side regarding Bob Welch's lawsuit and the RRHOF snub. Then a smaller but vocal subset of fans bemoaned Christine's return as the deathknell for Buckingham Nicks-focused Mac. Then we debated over whether Buckingham McVie was really a FM record. Through it all we argued with one another over the prospect of a new album and whether or not new music was still important. Through it all, we also debated as to whether Lindsey was truly physically abusive to Stevie and/or Stevie verbally and physically abusive to him. Tours continue to come and go. No new music is made. The fighting escalates. The managers spin. The press gobbles it all up.

And, well, I really love Otis Span.
Old 12-10-2018, 01:55 PM

Quote:
And if/when it happens, they will make a huuuuuuuge deal of the reconciliation and "Landslide" will cease being about Hurricane Katrina or Hillary Clinton's bid for presidency or Tom Petty's death and be about rock's most dysfunctional team's unshakable bond. Stevie will say "I believe Lindsey's return to the band was the result of all the fans collectively wishing for his return--the universe speaking..."

For years, FM fans were compelled to choose between Peter Green's band or the Rumours lineup. Then, we all struggled to pick a side regarding Bob Welch's lawsuit and the RRHOF snub. Then a smaller but vocal subset of fans bemoaned Christine's return as the deathknell for Buckingham Nicks-focused Mac. Then we debated over whether Buckingham McVie was really a FM record. Through it all we argued with one another over the prospect of a new album and whether or not new music was still important. Through it all, we also debated as to whether Lindsey was truly physically abusive to Stevie and/or Stevie verbally and physically abusive to him. Tours continue to come and go. No new music is made. The fighting escalates. The managers spin. The press gobbles it all up.

And, well, I really love Otis Span.
Don't forget about the blockbuster Christine McVie 1984 tour. It always plays into everything. I'm not you doctor I'm not your... ______
Old 12-10-2018, 02:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Don't forget about the blockbuster Christine McVie 1984 tour. It always plays into everything. I'm not you doctor I'm not your... ______
Yeah, that 1984 solo album is the root of ALL Fleetwood Mac's problems.
Old 12-10-2018, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Yeah, that 1984 solo album is the root of ALL Fleetwood Mac's problems.
Ask anybody!
Old 12-10-2018, 03:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Ask anybody!
Why are we keeping secrets? Why don't we both come clean and begin again. Lindsey says he does not have the heart to hurt again.
Old 12-10-2018, 03:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FM77 View Post
You should read more about a Irv Azoff. Even the Eagles said he was the devil, but he was their little devil. The guy is shrewd and ruthless. That is how he came to own the music business boys and girls.
Wouldn’t that be a case of the pot calling the kettle black lol.
But I agree, Irv Azoff is a shark. He actually doesn’t ‘have’ too many of the popular acts these days though. He has some semi-big acts like Travis Scott and Harry Styles but none of the really, really successful ones. No Ed Sheeran, Taylor Swift, Kendrick etc.
Old 12-10-2018, 03:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Run View Post
While I do believe that Stevie wanted Lindsey gone well before Musiccares and the death of TP impacted her decision, I am quite sure Azoff and Mick didn't want Lindsey gone until it was clear it was the only way to keep Stevie. Fleetwood Mac is a large theater act without Stevie, not an arena act. Even so, Azoff knew that any change to the Rumours 5 would damage the brand and reduce some of the drawing power. He would be negligent if he advised anything else and if he did he certainly did not serve the best interest of his clients. Remember Lindsey was his client individually and he has a fiduciary and legal responsibility to him. Lindsey and Stevie were both individually represented by Azoff. Mick, John, and Christine were not. Oh the tangle web we weave...

I am 101% sure that the Classic East / West comments had 0.0 to do with his ouster.

I am also now equally sure that these 2018-2019 dates will be the only performances for this version of the band. Sorry, Steve...I know you prefer it to the Rumours 5 line up.
100%
I agree with every word.
Old 12-10-2018, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
Why are we keeping secrets? Why don't we both come clean and begin again. Lindsey says he does not have the heart to hurt again.
I'm The One, not you that gets to pun around here.
Old 12-10-2018, 06:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
I'm The One, not you that gets to pun around here.
Oh really?
I thought you were on my side
Now I'm looking to find
Someone who's punning this pun with me
Old 12-10-2018, 06:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
Oh really?
I thought you were on my side
Now I'm looking to find
Someone who's punning this pun with me
You make me wanna scream and shout.