Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > The Early Years
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 02-09-2006, 05:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Jeremy Spencer interview DVD

I finally watched (painfully) the 90+ minute Jeremy Spencer interview DVD that comes with the Madison Blues set.

The highlights for me:

That Peter Green intentionally named the band Fleetwood Mac because he foresaw both he & Jeremy leaving the band. (that eerie comment just gave me goosebumps and the hair on the back of my neck stood up)

He cleared up the "went for a walk" issue...he wasn't "KIDNAPPED", that he voluntarily went with them; and, once they found out who he was, they really didn't want him, due to the publicity it would generate.
Old 02-09-2006, 06:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Yeah, I've only watched that once - it is long It's probably about time I watched it again though - and that is a great quote.

This is probably a good thread to mention that there's a new Jeremy Spencer interview in the UK March 06 issue of "Classic Rock" magazine (with Ritchie Blackmore on the cover). There's no major revelations, but, like on the DVD, he yet again points out that he wasn't kidnapped and there are a few other little points of interest. He mentions that around the time he was leaving Mac, the other members started doing cocaine, which I didn't know, and also that the way he left was "wrong and a mistake. I should've told them right away but I was desperate."

He also talks about the Flee album, how one side of the record was hijacked and turned into the disco thing - and also that he's settled now in Ireland, still working for the Children of God, as an artist. He mentions his "proposed" new CD which will be called "Precious Little", because that's just what we're getting by the sounds of it - he wants it to be "small and selective, not the big draw". Quite an interesting article if you get a chance to buy the mag.
Old 02-09-2006, 10:15 PM
Administrator
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiliD
That Peter Green intentionally named the band Fleetwood Mac because he foresaw both he & Jeremy leaving the band. (that eerie comment just gave me goosebumps and the hair on the back of my neck stood up)
yeah, same thing happened to me when i watched that. That was cool, hearing his recollections. but i do remember being really distracted by the fact that his nose was so sniffly and he really needed a tissue!! would it have killed somebody to hand him one??

-Lis
Old 02-09-2006, 11:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Nothing was painful about that 90 minute dvd for me. I thought Jeremy was remarkably articulate and engaging. I suppose I thought he'd still be the basket case Mick and Co. said he was when he was "abducted" by the Children of God. Instead, I saw a seemingly well-adjusted man who had made his way out of some rather bizarre experiences and had settled into a decent life for himself.

I found his comments about Peter's idea for the new direction of the band's sound interesting: a sort of groove-based thing based on one or two chords repeated over and over. Something like that. He demonstrated it on his guitar. Though Jeremy wasn't crazy at all for this I'd have liked to hear the Mac try it on record.
Old 02-11-2006, 08:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi
I found his comments about Peter's idea for the new direction of the band's sound interesting: a sort of groove-based thing based on one or two chords repeated over and over.
Which is basically what the "Madges" & "Underway" were...take 2 parts of those, add one part of anything from his End Of The Game album, and I think you'll end up with what Jeremy was talking about. Maybe an example of a finished product that comes close to that idea is "Just For You" off of In The Skies.