User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 02-20-2015, 03:03 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
Or Beautiful Child with just she and Christine...
What a fantastic idea, seriously... that'd be a really cool arrangement. Or maybe give LB an acoustic guitar and let it be just the three of them harmonizing together with the sparse piano/guitar arrangement.
Old 02-20-2015, 04:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I love Stand Back! But I am not necessarily missing it. However, I definitely think there needs to be something between ISA and GYOW. Something fast and upbeat, like Running Through the Garden or Isn't it Midnight.
Old 02-20-2015, 05:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheart View Post
i wish they would bring back Beautiful Child...to hear it with Christine would be amazing.

Don't miss SB. It's fun on stage but it's played to death.

I wouldn't mind seeing Seven Wonders go away...it's a bit of an on stage snooze fest.
What does Christine add to Beautiful Child? Off the top of my head I can't think of it. It's very sparse instrumentation. The background vocals are mostly Lindsey. I hear one or two places where Christine comes in. But I can't think of her presence adding a whole lot. But maybe I'm just not remembering correctly right now. It's one of the SYW tour songs that I think was really great and not lacking.
Old 02-20-2015, 05:34 PM
Senior Ledgie

Yes I miss it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
also I think Sara should be in it -it would have great to hear Christine play that opening / for both songs actually
Old 02-20-2015, 06:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm a huge fan of Beautiful Child, as I said. Lindsey's presence is absolutely vital. Listen to the 2004 Boston love performance; you need his harmonizing. To tell you the truth, if they played this song (or Sara for that matter) I bet Christine wouldn't even be playing the piano part. She'd add the one line "I fell into love." I absolutely believe this is Stevie's best live song from Tusk.

I 100% agree they need a song between So Afraid and Go Your Own Way, but nothing's gonna change now lol.
Old 02-20-2015, 06:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

At the same time, I'm not missing "Go Insane". This tour should be all about FM songs, not the solo material.
Old 02-20-2015, 06:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeVielhaber View Post
What does Christine add to Beautiful Child? Off the top of my head I can't think of it. It's very sparse instrumentation. The background vocals are mostly Lindsey. I hear one or two places where Christine comes in. But I can't think of her presence adding a whole lot. But maybe I'm just not remembering correctly right now. It's one of the SYW tour songs that I think was really great and not lacking.
The background vocals were very instrumental to the song when it was performed live. It was one of the few times that I thought the 3 background singers were useful.

You know how you do "row row row your boat" with everyone taking a different line sometimes? They layered the background words to Beautiful Child like that. Stevie sang lead. Lindsey sang one part and then the backup singers sang another partial verse and I found it extremely effective. I don't know how they would change the vocal arrangement with Christine on board, but I know I was very pleased with it without her and that's a rare song I can say that about.

Michele
Old 02-20-2015, 06:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick View Post
At the same time, I'm not missing "Go Insane". This tour should be all about FM songs, not the solo material.
Which is probably why FM has not performed Go Insane since 2004.

Michele
Old 02-20-2015, 07:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Which is probably why FM has not performed Go Insane since 2004.

Michele
They did the full-band version on the 2009 tour. It was the LB highlight for me.
Old 02-20-2015, 08:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

I don't miss stand back because there is not enough room for the songs I want to hear this tour. Yes Stand Back got the crowd on its feet but this tour the crowd is already on its feet.
I would LOVE to hear Got A Hold on Me though

I love the set list but my only regret is Chris does not do anything from Tusk and is the only one not doing a deep track. But maybe she wanted it that way and just do the hits. Love in Store is only like 3:20. I think it would make a great encore with all 3 singing those harmonies.
But one can dream
Old 02-20-2015, 09:47 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
I don't miss stand back because there is not enough room for the songs I want to hear this tour. Yes Stand Back got the crowd on its feet but this tour the crowd is already on its feet.
I would LOVE to hear Got A Hold on Me though

I love the set list but my only regret is Chris does not do anything from Tusk and is the only one not doing a deep track. But maybe she wanted it that way and just do the hits. Love in Store is only like 3:20. I think it would make a great encore with all 3 singing those harmonies.
But one can dream
I agree with you on this! Stand Back indeed had the crowd on its feet when I saw them in 2013, but it made more sense to include it during the 2003-2013 tours when Christine was not there. This time, there are so many Christine songs I would love to hear included in the set, including Hold Me, Isn't It Midnight, Love In Store, and any of her Tusk songs. If there is another tour after this one, maybe we'll get one of these.
Old 02-20-2015, 10:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
I love the set list but my only regret is Chris does not do anything from Tusk and is the only one not doing a deep track. But maybe she wanted it that way and just do the hits.
I sometimes wonder if Christine even likes her own songs from Tusk. Even on the Tusk tour she only performed Over and Over or Think About Me in a few select cities. Brown Eyes wasn't performed until the Mirage tour.
Old 02-21-2015, 03:48 AM
Addicted Ledgie

At the 2013 shows in Europe which I attended many in the crowd hardly knew or recognized Stand Back (is it a new song? I heard around me!) ... so I guess it won't be missed.

I love the song, but te arrangements Mac made to the song kind of made it into an obligation to play it. No real fire in the song if you catch my drift.

Very looking forward to Seven Wonders this june.
Old 02-21-2015, 03:54 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by johndeb420 View Post
I would love to one day hear live Sugar Daddy from Chris and Blue Letter , also would give anything for Oh Well
Yes, yes, and yes. Sugar Daddy is so underrated. I think it's one her best songs.
Old 02-21-2015, 04:02 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeInNV View Post
They did the full-band version on the 2009 tour. It was the LB highlight for me.
I thought Lindsey did only a solo acoustic version, sort of like Big Love. They performed a full band version? I must of missed that, or just forgot about it.