User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 07-03-2007, 11:14 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly View Post
^^ That is utter crap. He banned plenty of people for multiple accounts. That is part of his "zero tolerance policy". Bwwwhhhhaaa.
If Michelle has two accounts she should be treated like everyone else was and immediately banned.

I asked a bunch of question over there and was told to basically just "be quiet". Brian told me to keep my opinions to myself when I asked why banned members emails were not responded to. Seriously, is that any way to run a board? He said he doesn't have to explain his decisions to anyone and he will ban whoever he wants, whenever he wants.

The control issues are starting to really show, baby.
He also pretty much admits to still reading Threadjackers...so he has either hacked in somehow or is accessing one of our accounts. He violates his own board rules on other boards and that is ok. After I asked my few questions and spoke up for the banned members, Wiz replied and then locked the thread. He went on to dictate that if anyone brings up the topic again, the posts will be deleted immediately. He has laid down the law that there is to be no further discussion on HIS board about this matter.

I am pretty shocked that a few older posters are continuing to contribute over there. With the way he treats people, I don't know why anyone would want to be a part of that.
He responded to me, but Im still waiting for another email because I wasn't satisfied with the first.
Old 07-03-2007, 12:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliceLover View Post
He responded to me, but Im still waiting for another email because I wasn't satisfied with the first.
I don't think he is a satisfier, LOL.
He answered my email eventually, but it was a boatload of crap, so pretty much a waste of reading.
There IS no explanation, there IS no logic, and pretty soon there will be no board there. Oh, sure, he will keep it "up" just so he can live in the "I won I won" world that some of his members live in, too...

With so few nice people left, and a bunch of A** kissers, and "throw me a pity party someone said something mean about me" pathetic ones too...
Why is it some people cannot handle being confronted with the TRUTH?

Such a pity. Ya gotta live in the real world these days...and not everyone loves or even likes you. You must get over that, and get your own life
Old 07-03-2007, 02:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Crystal* View Post
Stevie sure does have a horse race here! I read an article where she said she absoloutley loved it out here!

I'm beginning to suspect more and more that Stevie is planning to buy a vacation house in Australia; maybe even to "retire" there.
I've recently seen older interviews (early 80s) in which she talks about Australia - she's been raving about how much she loves Australia and how great she feels it is for literally decades. On the flip side, she's recently been making somewhat negative comments about L.A. - the smog and fog often making it look and feel like London, etc.
A new environment can be refreshing.
Old 07-03-2007, 03:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost_Tracker View Post
I'm beginning to suspect more and more that Stevie is planning to buy a vacation house in Australia; maybe even to "retire" there.
I've recently seen older interviews (early 80s) in which she talks about Australia - she's been raving about how much she loves Australia and how great she feels it is for literally decades. On the flip side, she's recently been making somewhat negative comments about L.A. - the smog and fog often making it look and feel like London, etc.
London! If anything Los Angeles has a climate like Sydney. I know I've been there many times on business. It can get a little foggy in the Palisades where Stevie lives, but that is only a few weeks in the May/June gloom period
Old 07-03-2007, 04:24 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWS View Post
London! If anything Los Angeles has a climate like Sydney. I know I've been there many times on business. It can get a little foggy in the Palisades where Stevie lives, but that is only a few weeks in the May/June gloom period
I could only wish it was June Gloom around here! It's been so hot and dry. I have to agree that the climate here is much more like Australia, or Sydney, than London. I'll take the fog anyday!
Old 07-03-2007, 05:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost_Tracker View Post
Absolutely!
I never understood why she would want to live in L.A., of all places, no disrespect for anyone who lives there, but if I had a lot of money to live anywhere I wishes, L.A. would be not even making the list of home choices.
I don't see anything Enchanting about it, at all. Smog, over crowded, gangs, pollution, etc. Australia sounds like a dream land compared to L.A. (if you live there, and love it, please don't take offense, this is just my opinion).

The Enchanted Mirror Store
Custom made Stevie Nicks Finery.
Clothing, jewelry and much more.
Old 07-03-2007, 05:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starling View Post
I could only wish it was June Gloom around here! It's been so hot and dry. I have to agree that the climate here is much more like Australia, or Sydney, than London. I'll take the fog anyday!
I enjoy a nice fog, myself!
Rather mystical and cool...

Old 07-03-2007, 06:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarbJRose@aol.c View Post
Absolutely!
I never understood why she would want to live in L.A., of all places, no disrespect for anyone who lives there, but if I had a lot of money to live anywhere I wishes, L.A. would be not even making the list of home choices.
I don't see anything Enchanting about it, at all. Smog, over crowded, gangs, pollution, etc. Australia sounds like a dream land compared to L.A. (if you live there, and love it, please don't take offense, this is just my opinion).

You left out riots, mudslides, fires and the best of all... earthquakes. I wonder why 15 million people live here? Could be the weather....and JOBS .

There is no smog, gangs, or crowds where Stevie lives. Just blue skys and cool ocean breezes...and what a view. Also, the fact that the music industry is based here plays a big part.

Last edited by JWS; 07-03-2007 at 07:05 PM..
Old 07-03-2007, 06:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Hi Los Angeles neighbor. I live near Century City...you? And I like the June gloom. It burns off by mid day and keeps the afternoon cool
Old 07-03-2007, 07:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
You left out riots, mudslides, fires and the best of all... earthquakes. I wonder why 15 million people live here? Could be the weather....and JOBS .
This is true. There are plenty of opportunities, but I meant for Stevie, or people who have the $$ already, and aren't looking for a great job...
The weather is beautiful, but I think I would choose Hawaii if I were to choose a state in the USA to live, with beautiful weather and beaches, and I don't know what International country I would choose to live in, as I have not yet been outside the US.

Yes, you have too many people there too!
All that hustle and bustle...LOL...
Old 07-03-2007, 07:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarbJRose@aol.c View Post
This is true. There are plenty of opportunities, but I meant for Stevie, or people who have the $$ already, and aren't looking for a great job...
The weather is beautiful, but I think I would choose Hawaii if I were to choose a state in the USA to live, with beautiful weather and beaches, and I don't know what International country I would choose to live in, as I have not yet been outside the US.

Yes, you have too many people there too!
All that hustle and bustle...LOL...
Barbara, I lived in Honolulu for a year when a job took me there. I thought it was great too...for about a month. Every day, high heat and humidity and rain...lots of rain. In a whole year, the coldest it ever got was 68 degrees at night during a storm. It's like Miami. And you'll need to bone up on your Japanese. Now, if you're retired and can live on Maui, that would be different.

The best place is where the bluegrass grows.
Old 07-03-2007, 07:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Barbara, I lived in Honolulu for a year when a job took me there. I thought it was great too...for about a month. Every day, high heat and humidity and rain...lots of rain. In a whole year, the coldest it ever got was 68 degrees at night during a storm. It's like Miami. And you'll need to bone up on your Japanese. Now, if you're retired and can live on Maui, that would be different.

The best place is where the bluegrass grows.
Well, I do love KY.
I probably wouldn't want to live in Hawaii, then..maybe vacation...haha... I would have to be there for awhile, I wouldn't just move there without "trying it out".
Japanese? Well, that wouldn't be good, LOL. I think Maui sounds best, LOL,
but I am not retired, so I will stay in KY for now...
Thank you for telling me about this stuff, I always like to hear things from people who have "been there, done that..."
Old 07-03-2007, 07:46 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Hi Los Angeles neighbor. I live near Century City...you? And I like the June gloom. It burns off by mid day and keeps the afternoon cool

Howdy, Neighbor!

I'm in Culver City, about 6 miles from the Venice Beach area. I also enjoy the overcast, offshore clouds as it keeps it cooler vs. inland, but it's been a bit miserable here, even by the ocean. I'm headed to Pasadena, tomorrow, and you can feel the oppressive heat build as you leave C.C. during that 22 mile ride. Whew!

Knock on wood, we've been spared tumblers and rumblers for a while now. Gah, I need to hit a massive piece of wood...like a sequoia.
Old 07-03-2007, 08:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Howdy, Neighbor!

I'm in Culver City, about 6 miles from the Venice Beach area. I also enjoy the overcast, offshore clouds as it keeps it cooler vs. inland, but it's been a bit miserable here, even by the ocean. I'm headed to Pasadena, tomorrow, and you can feel the oppressive heat build as you leave C.C. during that 22 mile ride. Whew!

Knock on wood, we've been spared tumblers and rumblers for a while now. Gah, I need to hit a massive piece of wood...like a sequoia.
Hi Starling, last week I was working near Culver Studios. That area has really improved. Kinda like a mini "Old Town" with all the restaurants and bars.

It will be oppressive heat in Pasadena. You going for the fireworks at the Rose Bowl? I'll be at the Burbank Starlight Bowl for a rock show. Their fireworks were cancelled.
Old 07-03-2007, 08:12 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Hi Starling, last week I was working near Culver Studios. That area has really improved. Kinda like a mini "Old Town" with all the restaurants and bars.

It will be oppressive heat in Pasadena. You going for the fireworks at the Rose Bowl? I'll be at the Burbank Starlight Bowl for a rock show. Their fireworks were cancelled.
Why, yes I am headed to the fireworks show...at least for now. There was some chatter about Santa Monica, too.

Which rock show are you seeing? I have tickets to the Hollywood Bowl for some summer shows. As packed as it is, I have an affection for the place. You ever go to the cemetary movie showings?

Culver has really gentrified and the downtown has a charming feel to it. It started about three years ago and keeps getting better with all the wine bars and French or Italian restaurants complimenting it. A plethora of everything right here in walking distance.