The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read


Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 05-09-2018, 05:39 PM
ryan4136 ryan4136 is online now
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 436
Default Heartbreakers featuring SN tour brewing?

Twitter is heating up with the talk of a tour after the FM tour. Anyone got any leads.
Reply With Quote
.
  #2  
Old 05-09-2018, 05:52 PM
dreamsunwind dreamsunwind is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 1,275
Default

I'm not sure how exactly a "Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers ft. Stevie Nicks Tour" can happen if Tom Petty is dead. It's not like he's a random band member. He's Tom Petty.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 05-09-2018, 05:54 PM
ryan4136 ryan4136 is online now
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 436
Default

It’s not a TP tour. It’s a SN tour with the HB playing backup featuring some TP songs.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 05-09-2018, 06:08 PM
jmn3 jmn3 is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 916
Default

If true she finally gets her wish. Lindsey gone from Fleetwood Mac and she gets a spot in the Heartbreakers. I’d love to be able to hear what Tom Petty would think of all of this.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 05-09-2018, 06:32 PM
Dr.Brown Dr.Brown is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 335
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmn3 View Post
If true she finally gets her wish. Lindsey gone from Fleetwood Mac and she gets a spot in the Heartbreakers. I’d love to be able to hear what Tom Petty would think of all of this.
Rolling in the grave, no doubt. Nothing he can do now to prevent it. She's tarnishing the legacy of both bands.
__________________
FYI: The Rumours lineup = Mick Fleetwood, John McVie, Christine McVie, Lindsey Buckingham & Stevie Nicks.

The lineup featuring Mike Campbell & Neil Finn is a Post-Rumours lineup of the band.


After 14 yrs visiting a site I once enjoyed which covered a band I once loved following, I now ‘Say Goodbye’ to both
No thanks to the faction within FM which destroyed its legacy & heavy-handed mod michelej1


This site operates at the whim of the admin&mods–a whim I'll no longer be associated with
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 05-09-2018, 06:38 PM
dreamsunwind dreamsunwind is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 1,275
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan4136 View Post
It’s not a TP tour. It’s a SN tour with the HB playing backup featuring some TP songs.
In my opinion, anything involving "Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers" is strange to do without Tom Petty himself.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 05-09-2018, 06:49 PM
jkmaletic's Avatar
jkmaletic jkmaletic is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: San Diego
Posts: 2,956
Default

Sounds like garbage to me.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 05-09-2018, 07:11 PM
StreetAngel86's Avatar
StreetAngel86 StreetAngel86 is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: somewhere...being strange & elusive...
Posts: 2,869
Default

as if the remaining heartbreakers would actually agree to this nonsense]not to mention how the rest of stevie's solo band would feel

the fact that Tom never wanted her in the band
and now (if this is true ... but it sounds like crap) she's taking his band for herself ... is/would be pathetic.
__________________
she thought she was out there...but nobody saw...
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 05-09-2018, 07:12 PM
Storms123 Storms123 is online now
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 673
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetAngel86 View Post
as if the remaining heartbreakers would actually agree to this nonsense]not to mention how the rest of stevie's solo band would feel

the fact that Tom never wanted her in the band
and now (if this is true ... but it sounds like crap) she's taking his band for herself ... is/would be pathetic.
LOL I was just thinking this...so she's now going to sack her solo band?
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 05-09-2018, 07:17 PM
SteveMacD's Avatar
SteveMacD SteveMacD is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: The Buckeye State
Posts: 6,455
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storms123 View Post
LOL I was just thinking this...so she's now going to sack her solo band?
I’m sure Sharon, Lori, and maybe Waddy (they’d need a second guitarist) would be safe. I couldn’t even name anyone else, TBH.
__________________
On and on it will always be, the rhythm, rhyme, and harmony.

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b313/SteveMacD/fm2014_zps5c60d7b9.jpg
THE Stephen Hopkins
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 05-09-2018, 07:20 PM
Storms123 Storms123 is online now
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 673
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
I’m sure Sharon, Lori, and maybe Waddy (they’d need a second guitarist) would be safe. I couldn’t even name anyone else, TBH.
I was about to say, they've all been with her for years, but, we know that doesn't really matter....Which begs the question now--is Stevvi Alexander getting the boot in this tour for Marilyn Martin as the third backup singer? I assume Lori will be back for the FM tour.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 05-09-2018, 07:22 PM
Iamwilliame's Avatar
Iamwilliame Iamwilliame is offline
Ledgie
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 90
Default

I predicted this would happen shortly after TP's passing. I actually like this idea better than bringing TPATH songs into FM, mainly because outside of FM, she sounds best when at least a few Heartbreakers are involved with her songs.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 05-09-2018, 08:05 PM
WatchChain WatchChain is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 746
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan4136 View Post
Twitter is heating up with the talk of a tour after the FM tour. Anyone got any leads.
At first glance this seemed odd. BUT, you know what? I could actually see it happening. In fact, I think there's a good chance. What are Mike Campbell, Benmont Tench, and Ron Blair going to do now that Tom is dead? I don't think they'll sit around the house OR become just session players for other artists. The REAL money for dinosaur rock acts is in TOURING. Mike, Ben and Ron know that. I can nearly GUARANTEE that they'll hit the road with someone else (as Mike Campbell has already done).

So, a Stevie Nicks Tour featuring The Heartbreakers. Yes. Would they even bring Stan Lynch back? I could see them doing Stevie Nicks songs with a short Tom Petty set -- "I Need To Know", "Stop Draggin", "Don't Come Around Here No More", "The Waiting", "Breakdown", "You Wreck Me", "Wildflowers", and "Runaway Trains".
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 05-10-2018, 12:32 AM
SteveMacD's Avatar
SteveMacD SteveMacD is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: The Buckeye State
Posts: 6,455
Default

Why not just bring in Benmont Tench to be the second keyboardist and have Steve Ferone be the second drummer? Hey, maybe we’d get “Got A Hold On Me” that way.

In all seriousness, a lot can happen between now and then. This tour could be a one-time thing for Fleetwood Mac, or it could lead into something more.
__________________
On and on it will always be, the rhythm, rhyme, and harmony.

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b313/SteveMacD/fm2014_zps5c60d7b9.jpg
THE Stephen Hopkins
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 05-10-2018, 12:41 AM
bombaysaffires bombaysaffires is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: West Coast
Posts: 4,654
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WatchChain View Post
At first glance this seemed odd. BUT, you know what? I could actually see it happening. In fact, I think there's a good chance. What are Mike Campbell, Benmont Tench, and Ron Blair going to do now that Tom is dead? I don't think they'll sit around the house OR become just session players for other artists. The REAL money for dinosaur rock acts is in TOURING. Mike, Ben and Ron know that. I can nearly GUARANTEE that they'll hit the road with someone else (as Mike Campbell has already done).

So, a Stevie Nicks Tour featuring The Heartbreakers. Yes. Would they even bring Stan Lynch back? I could see them doing Stevie Nicks songs with a short Tom Petty set -- "I Need To Know", "Stop Draggin", "Don't Come Around Here No More", "The Waiting", "Breakdown", "You Wreck Me", "Wildflowers", and "Runaway Trains".
Stan is not a Stevie fan.

Benmont joining the Mac tour.....could happen. She and he are good friends.

I think Stevie would think she is doing a good thing for her friend Mike in his time of need and won't ever see it how many fans are seeing all this. Same if she got Benmont involved. She'd see herself as a kind of savior.
__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump

1997 Pretty Blond Singer Bekka Bramlett With Billy Burnette Press Photo
$20.0
1997 Pretty Blond Singer Bekka Bramlett With Billy Burnette Press Photo picture35 mm PHOTO SLIDE TRANSPARENCY #887 BEKKA BRAMLETT singer song writer
$1.5
35 mm PHOTO SLIDE TRANSPARENCY #887   BEKKA BRAMLETT  singer  song writer picture



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:45 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 1995-2003 Martin and Lisa Adelson, All Rights Reserved