The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read


Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 04-29-2018, 09:44 PM
elle's Avatar
elle elle is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: DC
Posts: 9,804
Thumbs down this is why "Fakewood" tour will sell

because general public is clueless. because they think - oh look another legendary band is reuniting, but one member already left, luckily MC is replacing him, quick lets go see them before somebody else leaves:

@leahsolmaz
Bit gutted that Lindsey Buckingham has left but still eagerly awaiting the reunion tour dates. Defo on the bucket-list to see them live so here's my meh cover as tribute "Landslide" & "Dreams" - Stevie Nicks/Fleetwood Mac (Leah Solmaz Cover) https://youtu.be/-HlVajdZ898 via @YouTube

@ellellew
they'll reunite with Lindsey Buckingham??

@leahsolmaz
I doubt it but they've got Mike Campbell to take his place for the reunion tour so fingers crossed they go ahead with it still


and because every 5th tweet on my TL is stupid Live Nation promoted tweet advertising this abomination of a tour, even though i unfollowed both fleetwood mac and love nation. they are dumping money in advertising like crazy.
__________________
Reply With Quote
.
  #2  
Old 04-29-2018, 09:47 PM
jwd jwd is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Fleetucky
Posts: 2,801
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
because general public is clueless. because they think - oh look another legendary band is reuniting, but one member already left, luckily MC is replacing him, quick lets go see them before somebody else leaves:

@leahsolmaz
Bit gutted that Lindsey Buckingham has left but still eagerly awaiting the reunion tour dates. Defo on the bucket-list to see them live so here's my meh cover as tribute "Landslide" & "Dreams" - Stevie Nicks/Fleetwood Mac (Leah Solmaz Cover) https://youtu.be/-HlVajdZ898 via @YouTube

@ellellew
they'll reunite with Lindsey Buckingham??

@leahsolmaz
I doubt it but they've got Mike Campbell to take his place for the reunion tour so fingers crossed they go ahead with it still


and because every 5th tweet on my TL is stupid Live Nation promoted tweet advertising this abomination of a tour, even though i unfollowed both fleetwood mac and love nation. they are dumping money in advertising like crazy.

You're not going?!
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 04-29-2018, 09:49 PM
elle's Avatar
elle elle is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: DC
Posts: 9,804
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwd View Post
You're not going?!
where?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 04-29-2018, 09:54 PM
jwd jwd is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Fleetucky
Posts: 2,801
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
where?
Save your money for the Lindsey solo tour!
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 04-29-2018, 09:54 PM
David's Avatar
David David is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: California
Posts: 13,291
Default

Will the money guys (promoters?) give Fleetwood Mac seven figures for each concert this time out? Will the breakup of the classic 5 lineup lower the pay? Will the band play fewer or smaller arenas? It's scheduled to play L.A. Forum for two nights, which is something the classic 5 would have done, too.

Say, what about an opening act? Maybe a bigger name than normal for an opening act? Like a Stevie Nicks + Pretenders bill, what about a Fleetwood Mac + Rufus Wainwright bill? A Fleetwood Mac + Axwell Ingrosso bill? A double bill gives us a little extra for the money. Who'd make a good bill with the Fleetwood Macheads?
  • Cheat Codes
  • Matt Terry
  • Dua Lipa
  • Phases
  • DNCE
  • Rudimental
  • Flo Rida
  • Charlie Puth
  • Lauv
  • Michael Zager Band
  • Justin Bieber!
  • Calvin Harris
  • John Splithoff

Any of these guys would make great double bills, don't you think?
__________________
The Filmic I: Movie Notes
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 04-29-2018, 10:00 PM
jwd jwd is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Fleetucky
Posts: 2,801
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
Will the money guys (promoters?) give Fleetwood Mac seven figures for each concert this time out? Will the breakup of the classic 5 lineup lower the pay? Will the band play fewer or smaller arenas? It's scheduled to play L.A. Forum for two nights, which is something the classic 5 would have done, too.

Say, what about an opening act? Maybe a bigger name than normal for an opening act? Like a Stevie Nicks + Pretenders bill, what about a Fleetwood Mac + Rufus Wainwright bill? A Fleetwood Mac + Axwell Ingrosso bill? A double bill gives us a little extra for the money. Who'd make a good bill with the Fleetwood Macheads?
  • Cheat Codes
  • Matt Terry
  • Dua Lipa
  • Phases
  • DNCE
  • Rudimental
  • Flo Rida
  • Charlie Puth
  • Lauv
  • Michael Zager Band
  • Justin Bieber!
  • Calvin Harris
  • John Splithoff

Any of these guys would make great double bills, don't you think?
My money is on Justin Bieber, but he' d probably headline.........
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 04-30-2018, 10:55 AM
singertobe singertobe is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: USA
Posts: 468
Default

I gave in. Found out there was a Mick Fleetwood meet and greet. That combined with the fact I've never seen Christine live won over my feelings about them firing Lindsey. I'm still mad he won't be there but I've already seen him twice.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 04-30-2018, 11:39 AM
elle's Avatar
elle elle is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: DC
Posts: 9,804
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by singertobe View Post
I gave in. Found out there was a Mick Fleetwood meet and greet. That combined with the fact I've never seen Christine live won over my feelings about them firing Lindsey. I'm still mad he won't be there but I've already seen him twice.
You doubted there will be mick m&g?

I guess you have extra 1.5 k to spend.

I’ve done micks m&g bunch of times, when it actually came with good seats. Not worth it. Eventually I just skipped micks m&gs and picked up my tix. Now to spend $650 or whatever he’s charging when it doesn’t come with seats? No way.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 04-30-2018, 11:49 AM
singertobe singertobe is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: USA
Posts: 468
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
You doubted there will be mick m&g?

I guess you have extra 1.5 k to spend.

Iíve done micks m&g bunch of times, when it actually came with good seats. Not worth it. Eventually I just skipped micks m&gs and picked up my tix. Now to spend $650 or whatever heís charging when it doesnít come with seats? No way.
So you don't actually get to meet him? Darnit I knew I should've said no! I was literally given a minute to decide. If I had more time I would've come on here and asked everyone's opinions
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 04-30-2018, 12:00 PM
elle's Avatar
elle elle is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: DC
Posts: 9,804
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by singertobe View Post
So you don't actually get to meet him? Darnit I knew I should've said no! I was literally given a minute to decide. If I had more time I would've come on here and asked everyone's opinions
No you meet him. Itís like a cattle call - you get a pic with him in front of his drum kit. Then everyone is sat in the audience and thereís a Q&a. You probably wonít be able to get your question in because Mick seems to be half deaf and also he takes one question and rambles for about 10 minutes so all the q&a time is wasted like that. I suspect any questions about lB will be off limits.

But this is how it was back in 2013-2015. There was no off limit questions but it was hard to get your questions answered too.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 04-30-2018, 08:00 PM
WatchChain WatchChain is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 705
Default

Trust me, before the decision was made to fire Buckingham, Mick had done his research. Concert promotors know EXACTLY how many tickets that ANY lineup of a particular band will sell WAY BEFORE a tour is even announced. Through data analysis, promoters can predict almost exactly how many tickets the tour will sell.

As angry and outraged as I am that these people have stabbed Lindsey in the back by firing him, the TRUTH is that it WILL NOT HURT ticket sales one bit. This tour will absolutely do the SAME numbers as the last tour with the Rumours lineup. Much in the same way that the 2013 tour WITHOUT Christine McVie was selling out arenas. Mick Fleetwood and the concert promoters know this. Fleetwood Mac can tour WITHOUT either Lindsey Buckingham OR Christine McVie and ticket sales will remain the same. Mick knows this. MOREOVER, Mick now stands to make more money for himself because he will pay Campbell and Finn a smaller salary--not the larger percentage that Buckingham was earning.

The fatal mistake that Mick made was wiping his hands of Lindsey Buckingham. Let's just say, for example, that Christine decides she doesn't want to tour anymore, or falls into ill health. Mick may not be able to get Lindsey back. Fleetwood Mac on tour with only Stevie and Mike Campbell would be bland as hell!

Lastly, Mick steering clear of using the word "fired" is ridiculous. "Firing" is exactly what happened.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 04-30-2018, 08:23 PM
Angel75 Angel75 is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 250
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WatchChain View Post
Lastly, Mick steering clear of using the word "fired" is ridiculous. "Firing" is exactly what happened.
Absolutely it was firing, there is no other word that can describe it.
LB surely has been wronged one too many times now by Mick to ever bother giving him the time of day again
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 04-30-2018, 08:26 PM
ryan4136 ryan4136 is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 341
Default

Mick may be avoiding the term ďfiringĒ for legal reasons/liability.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 04-30-2018, 08:32 PM
Lola Lola is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Illinois
Posts: 359
Default

Iíve done micks m&g bunch of times, when it actually came with good seats. Not worth it. Eventually I just skipped micks m&gs and picked up my tix. Now to spend $650 or whatever heís charging when it doesnít come with seats? No way.[/quote]

Ha, ha, ha I've done the same thing! I hope and pray he's bombarded with Lindsey questions. Make him squirm for that meet and greet money. Someone should hold up one of those LA signs and ask if he's seen them.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 04-30-2018, 08:36 PM
Storms123 Storms123 is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 380
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WatchChain View Post
Trust me, before the decision was made to fire Buckingham, Mick had done his research. Concert promotors know EXACTLY how many tickets that ANY lineup of a particular band will sell WAY BEFORE a tour is even announced. Through data analysis, promoters can predict almost exactly how many tickets the tour will sell.

As angry and outraged as I am that these people have stabbed Lindsey in the back by firing him, the TRUTH is that it WILL NOT HURT ticket sales one bit. This tour will absolutely do the SAME numbers as the last tour with the Rumours lineup. Much in the same way that the 2013 tour WITHOUT Christine McVie was selling out arenas. Mick Fleetwood and the concert promoters know this. Fleetwood Mac can tour WITHOUT either Lindsey Buckingham OR Christine McVie and ticket sales will remain the same. Mick knows this. MOREOVER, Mick now stands to make more money for himself because he will pay Campbell and Finn a smaller salary--not the larger percentage that Buckingham was earning.

The fatal mistake that Mick made was wiping his hands of Lindsey Buckingham. Let's just say, for example, that Christine decides she doesn't want to tour anymore, or falls into ill health. Mick may not be able to get Lindsey back. Fleetwood Mac on tour with only Stevie and Mike Campbell would be bland as hell!

Lastly, Mick steering clear of using the word "fired" is ridiculous. "Firing" is exactly what happened.
He doesn't want to use the word firing because it's "ugly", when in reality, it makes them look bad!
I agree with you on the "fatal mistake". I don't know much about the research that goes into what the tour promoters do to come up with their fact and figures. And this lineup will do well--however, clamoring for the "farewell" tour.... this isn't it. And Mick knows that--and he wants that proper farewell tour. And Mick knows for however much money he will get from this tour--the multiples of that for a proper farewell tour with the Rumours 5 would make his eyes truly pop out of his head.
At some point, when he wants to/needs to make amends with Lindsey--I truly hope Lindsey tells him to stick a drumstick up his a$$. However, I do think, as long as all 5 of them are on the right side of the dirt--the notion of a farewell tour with the Rumours 5 will not wander far from Mick's mind. The question remains--who of the 4 Judas' can REMOTELY broach that with Lindsey?
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump

Peter Max, Green Sauce Pan
$650.0
Peter Max, Green Sauce Pan pictureLLADRO DISNEY PETER PAN BRAND NEW IN BOX #9328 LARGE GREEN COAT SAVE$ F/SH
$589.98
LLADRO DISNEY PETER PAN BRAND NEW IN BOX #9328 LARGE GREEN COAT SAVE$ F/SH picturePeter Max, Clock (Green with Orange Daisies), General Electric Clock
$450.0
Peter Max, Clock (Green with Orange Daisies), General Electric Clock picturePeter Max, Clock (Green with Orange Daisies), General Electric Clock
$375.0
Peter Max, Clock (Green with Orange Daisies), General Electric Clock pictureDISNEY WDCC PETER PAN NOBODY CALLS PAN A COWARD BRAND NIB GREEN RARE P
$199.98
DISNEY WDCC PETER PAN NOBODY CALLS PAN A COWARD BRAND NIB GREEN RARE P picture



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:22 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 1995-2003 Martin and Lisa Adelson, All Rights Reserved