The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read


Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #31  
Old 05-13-2018, 07:10 PM
button-lip's Avatar
button-lip button-lip is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Argentina
Posts: 1,269
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Unless Lindsey and Christine would do a BuckVie II, I'd practically bet my life that there will never be another FM record.

Buck Vie is my favorite album since Mirage, so at least they went out on a high note.

And goat free!
Same here. Stevie is too lazy now to do a new album, no matter how much she hates Lindsey and how much she wants to prove him she's the boss. She only wants to dance around her house and be happy.
__________________
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
- Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 05-13-2018, 09:27 PM
sodascouts's Avatar
sodascouts sodascouts is online now
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Memphis area
Posts: 3,950
Default

I can see her handing the band some old demos and giving Mike Campbell some old poems for him to put to music. Then, she could come in to the studio for a few afternoons to lay down vocal tracks. If it didn't require much effort on her part, and everyone was very careful not to make her feel uncomfortable or challenged in any way, it could still happen.
__________________
- Nancy

Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 05-13-2018, 11:10 PM
HomerMcvie's Avatar
HomerMcvie HomerMcvie is online now
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Indiana/Tennessee
Posts: 10,083
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by annabellee View Post
I'm a goathead - I wish Stevie was on that album so it would have been more widely heard. I like it but it has already fallen out of my regular rotation.


Believe it or not, I wish that Stevie had been on it too, ONLY because it might have actually got some radio play with her. It's such a fun album.
__________________
and Stevie Nicks was starting to lumber along like a sod-packed wheelbarrow.
And I'm David, not Homer!(we all should be able to change our name, at least once)
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 05-13-2018, 11:57 PM
dreamsunwind dreamsunwind is online now
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 842
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post


Believe it or not, I wish that Stevie had been on it too, ONLY because it might have actually got some radio play with her. It's such a fun album.
IA. It reminds me a lot of Mirage for some reason, I don't know why exactly, just the sound of it is mostly fun and lighthearted and twinkly in that way Mirage was. At first I was convinced the album wasn't going to be that good because I didn't really like the three singles they released for promotion, especially the Lindsey songs, and I thought he might overproduce it like some of the songs on SYW but I was really pleasantly surprised by it. I loved all of the other songs, they were all just sunny and sparkly and nice to listen to.

I bet Stevie was totally convinced that he would go overboard on the production and that she wouldn't end up liking the album which I think is a big part of why she didn't want to do it. But I bet after she listened to it she thought it was actually quite good and she probably would have liked to have been on it had she known that's how it would've come out. And I think that only added to her being upset/jealous about the album.
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 05-14-2018, 12:05 AM
HomerMcvie's Avatar
HomerMcvie HomerMcvie is online now
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Indiana/Tennessee
Posts: 10,083
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamsunwind View Post
IA. It reminds me a lot of Mirage for some reason, I don't know why exactly, just the sound of it is mostly fun and lighthearted and twinkly in that way Mirage was. At first I was convinced the album wasn't going to be that good because I didn't really like the three singles they released for promotion, especially the Lindsey songs, and I thought he might overproduce it like some of the songs on SYW but I was really pleasantly surprised by it. I loved all of the other songs, they were all just sunny and sparkly and nice to listen to.

I bet Stevie was totally convinced that he would go overboard on the production and that she wouldn't end up liking the album which I think is a big part of why she didn't want to do it. But I bet after she listened to it she thought it was actually quite good and she probably would have liked to have been on it had she known that's how it would've come out. And I think that only added to her being upset/jealous about the album.
To me, it really is Mirage, part II. Both were simple, fun, catchy albums.

If it's the last fm record, so be it. Beats the hell out of SYW!
__________________
and Stevie Nicks was starting to lumber along like a sod-packed wheelbarrow.
And I'm David, not Homer!(we all should be able to change our name, at least once)
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 05-14-2018, 06:27 AM
lennonfan lennonfan is offline
Senior Ledgie
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 240
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
To me, it really is Mirage, part II. Both were simple, fun, catchy albums.

If it's the last fm record, so be it. Beats the hell out of SYW!
oh yes x 1000.
This really seems like a death, and death is never pretty. You may want to dress it up and have it flow like you want, but you're still gonna lose what you love. Such is life.

I'm getting beat over the head with commercials for their shows on tv and the radio. I get nausea every time I hear them. Had it been the fab 5, I would be smiling every time I heard those....

Lindsey wanted a new studio album. She did not. impasse. goodbye Lindsey.
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 05-16-2018, 09:26 AM
BlanketMan BlanketMan is offline
Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 45
Default

I don't know about anyone else, but my definition of a "cover band" is, generally speaking, any time a different lead singer is performing a well-known song. So if the new Mac sings Don't Dream It's Over, with Neil Finn singing, they're not a cover band; if they perform some Tom Petty songs with Finn (or anyone else) singing, then they're a cover band. Or when they sing Lindsey's songs = cover band. When they perform Stevie and Chris's songs? Not a cover band. Things get complicated on tunes like The Chain or Don't Stop, though!

So, I'd love to see NuMac perform a few Finn tunes, like I Got You or Message to My Girl. Seems pretty unlikely, though.
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 05-16-2018, 01:32 PM
SteveMacD's Avatar
SteveMacD SteveMacD is online now
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: The Buckeye State
Posts: 5,586
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlanketMan View Post
I don't know about anyone else, but my definition of a "cover band" is, generally speaking, any time a different lead singer is performing a well-known song.
The only time I would refer to something as a cover band is if there isnít anyone in the band connected to the original song. Like on GYOW. Mick, John, Christine, and Stevie are still there, and they were all on the original. Even when Stevie did ďDonít StopĒ with her solo band, I wouldnít consider that a cover, since she was on the original.
__________________
On and on it will always be, the rhythm, rhyme, and harmony.

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b313/SteveMacD/fm2014_zps5c60d7b9.jpg
Stephen Hopkins

https://www.facebook.com/Espy.Hopkins ; @espyhop)
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 05-16-2018, 07:24 PM
elle's Avatar
elle elle is online now
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: DC
Posts: 9,693
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlanketMan View Post
I don't know about anyone else, but my definition of a "cover band" is, generally speaking, any time a different lead singer is performing a well-known song. So if the new Mac sings Don't Dream It's Over, with Neil Finn singing, they're not a cover band; if they perform some Tom Petty songs with Finn (or anyone else) singing, then they're a cover band. Or when they sing Lindsey's songs = cover band. When they perform Stevie and Chris's songs? Not a cover band. Things get complicated on tunes like The Chain or Don't Stop, though!


so if you look on setlist.fm for example for the eagles, if they do a solo Walsh or Henley song, that's listed as a cover. even though it's the same singer. if stevie nicks does a solo concert and sings Rhiannon, that's listed as FM cover. if FM does Stand Back, it's listed as Stevie Nicks cover.

so if they sing any Petty, Crowded House, Neil Finn, Dirty Knobs, or Stevie and Christine solo songs, those will all be covers.

since they still call themselves FM, any era FM songs would not be listed as covers on setlist.fm.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 05-16-2018, 07:27 PM
elle's Avatar
elle elle is online now
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: DC
Posts: 9,693
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
The only time I would refer to something as a cover band is if there isn’t anyone in the band connected to the original song. Like on GYOW. Mick, John, Christine, and Stevie are still there, and they were all on the original. Even when Stevie did “Don’t Stop” with her solo band, I wouldn’t consider that a cover, since she was on the original.
see below. that's a cover. Stevie doing Landslide with her solo band, also cover.

any band under the name FM, even with 0 original members, performing GYOW is not a cover.

LB solo performing GYOW is FM cover.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #41  
Old 05-17-2018, 01:06 AM
iamnotafraid iamnotafraid is offline
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 4,664
Default Which thread???

Just saw Mike Campbell play a bit of "World Turning" and
"Rhiannon" on YouTube. The channel is Normans Rare Guitars.

Titled Mike Campbell & Jason Sinay - 1950 Supro & 1965 Gibson.
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 05-17-2018, 01:58 AM
SteveMacD's Avatar
SteveMacD SteveMacD is online now
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: The Buckeye State
Posts: 5,586
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
see below. that's a cover. Stevie doing Landslide with her solo band, also cover.

any band under the name FM, even with 0 original members, performing GYOW is not a cover.

LB solo performing GYOW is FM cover.
Yeah, Iím sticking with my definition. Itís much simpler.

Think about it. What about songs like GLYUTB, Crystal, Stand Back, and DLMDA which were redone by the band in some form and released on official FM albums? Do they cross over into also being Fleetwood Mac songs? So, when Billy did DLMDA in 1987, was it a BN cover, or just him singing a FM song?
__________________
On and on it will always be, the rhythm, rhyme, and harmony.

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b313/SteveMacD/fm2014_zps5c60d7b9.jpg
Stephen Hopkins

https://www.facebook.com/Espy.Hopkins ; @espyhop)
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 05-19-2018, 12:35 PM
David's Avatar
David David is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: California
Posts: 13,242
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
I can see her handing the band some old demos and giving Mike Campbell some old poems for him to put to music. Then, she could come in to the studio for a few afternoons to lay down vocal tracks. If it didn't require much effort on her part, and everyone was very careful not to make her feel uncomfortable or challenged in any way, it could still happen.
Yeah, good point, Nancy. Stevie could enjoy cutting the album because the atmosphere would be very supportive of Stevie in every facet. But doesn't she still feel that a new album would get passed around for free online and wouldn't make any dent in the charts? I think that commerciality angle would keep Stevie averse to doing a new album--at least that's what she's hinted at in the recent past.
__________________
The Filmic I: Movie Notes
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump




All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:31 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 1995-2003 Martin and Lisa Adelson, All Rights Reserved