The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read


Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #196  
Old 05-10-2018, 08:28 PM
Storms123 Storms123 is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 419
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
i know!

what a ridiculous argument. unlike at her solo dates, most of her fans said how much she hated FM tours and was practically a zombie at many of the FM tour dates. but LB not looking at SN during GYOW at one of the Classics is considered him slacking off and a firing offense? yes. makes perfect sense.
I was at Classic East---THE WHOLE BAND WAS OFF--None of them liked each other that night. First off, SNL got to the stage ~ 3-5 minutes after the rest of the band, was awkward. None of them seemed particularly in sync with each other. We still got the Sara and Landslide smoochy smoochy, but if LB was so checked out, why did he get so obviously annoyed when his guitar was out of tune on GYOW. He was no more checked out than the rest of them. That's a joke argument if I ever heard one!
Reply With Quote
  #197  
Old 05-10-2018, 08:34 PM
wondergirl9847's Avatar
wondergirl9847 wondergirl9847 is offline
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: The Ledge
Posts: 9,274
Lightbulb Right on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
There have been plenty of shows where Stevie was going through the motions and was very clear she was not hiding her unhappiness. If that's a criterion for firing, girlfriend could have been given her walking papers a while ago.
PREACH. I wasn't yet a fan in 1997-1998, but wasn't Christine also looking miserable at some of the Dance shows? She was probably going through the motions too, especially towards the end of that run.
__________________
**Christy**
Reply With Quote
  #198  
Old 05-10-2018, 09:06 PM
SteveMacD's Avatar
SteveMacD SteveMacD is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: The Buckeye State
Posts: 5,939
Default

To be fair to Christine in 1997 (21 years ago), she had already retired from touring at the end of 1990, and her songs on”Time” made it clear she was leaving the band. Her presence on that tour was somewhat of a miracle, and I always thought it was her going out on top after a less than stellar decade. But, you could tell she was ready to be done.

As for Stevie…That’s not a point I want to argue. I’ve said many times since Mick’s Playboy interview that Stevie should be shown the door. And, I especially felt that when they called the album something other than Fleetwood Mac. She’s the money. Her people call the shots, and everyone plays along and gets their bag of money. Including Lindsey until recently. Fair? No. Just reality. One that makes me sick.
__________________
On and on it will always be, the rhythm, rhyme, and harmony.

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b313/SteveMacD/fm2014_zps5c60d7b9.jpg
Stephen Hopkins

https://www.facebook.com/Espy.Hopkins ; @espyhop)

Last edited by SteveMacD : 05-10-2018 at 09:11 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #199  
Old 05-10-2018, 10:05 PM
DownOnRodeo's Avatar
DownOnRodeo DownOnRodeo is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Tokyo
Posts: 2,695
Default

I'm not sure which thread it was, but a couple of people suggested that Lindsey's current silence might be due to a sort of Stormy Daniels situation--taking some money and agreeing not to speak.

On reflection, that theory doesn't seem to gel at all with the SNS posts that have been made by his family; nor does it seem to gel with Lindsey as we know him (i.e. to choose money over principles/truth would surely be anathema to him).
__________________
Joe
Reply With Quote
  #200  
Old 05-10-2018, 10:09 PM
dreamsunwind dreamsunwind is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 1,139
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownOnRodeo View Post
I'm not sure which thread it was, but a couple of people suggested that Lindsey's current silence might be due to a sort of Stormy Daniels situation--taking some money and agreeing not to speak.

On reflection, that theory doesn't seem to gel at all with the SNS posts that have been made by his family; nor does it seem to gel with Lindsey as we know him (i.e. to choose money over principles/truth would surely be anathema to him).
I don't think it's anything like that at all.
He's just probably not going to comment on it right now, at least not through some press statement. It's not really his thing.
Reply With Quote
  #201  
Old 05-10-2018, 11:44 PM
HomerMcvie's Avatar
HomerMcvie HomerMcvie is online now
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Indiana/Tennessee
Posts: 10,438
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
To be fair to Christine in 1997 (21 years ago), she had already retired from touring at the end of 1990, and her songs on”Time” made it clear she was leaving the band. Her presence on that tour was somewhat of a miracle, and I always thought it was her going out on top after a less than stellar decade. But, you could tell she was ready to be done.

As for Stevie…That’s not a point I want to argue. I’ve said many times since Mick’s Playboy interview that Stevie should be shown the door. And, I especially felt that when they called the album something other than Fleetwood Mac. She’s the money. Her people call the shots, and everyone plays along and gets their bag of money. Including Lindsey until recently. Fair? No. Just reality. One that makes me sick.
Good lort, you finally say something that I agree with!
__________________
and Stevie Nicks was starting to lumber along like a sod-packed wheelbarrow.
And I'm David, not Homer!(we all should be able to change our name, at least once)
Reply With Quote
  #202  
Old 05-11-2018, 07:51 PM
jwd jwd is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Fleetucky
Posts: 2,860
Default

If I can get in for $50 bucks and it's within driving distance I'll go.......
Reply With Quote
  #203  
Old 05-11-2018, 07:56 PM
elle's Avatar
elle elle is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: DC
Posts: 9,848
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwd View Post
If I can get in for $50 bucks and it's within driving distance I'll go.......
i would need to be paid - thousands. and then i still wouldn't be able to listen to that. i'd need to go out to the bar, instead. just like i have to turn the channel when i listen to the FM SXM and Stevie or Mick come on. when Mick says they never broke the chain? he's either stupid, senile or both.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #204  
Old 05-11-2018, 08:02 PM
jwd jwd is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Fleetucky
Posts: 2,860
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
i would need to be paid - thousands. and then i still wouldn't be able to listen to that. i'd need to go out to the bar, instead. just like i have to turn the channel when i listen to the FM SXM and Stevie or Mick come on. when Mick says they never broke the chain? he's either stupid, senile or both.

I think the chances of either of us going are slim, given our stipulations. But it's not the end of the world. There's so much more out there!!!!
Reply With Quote
  #205  
Old 05-17-2018, 06:21 PM
jwd jwd is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Fleetucky
Posts: 2,860
Default

Is it sold out yet? Does everyone have their tickets?!
Reply With Quote
  #206  
Old 05-17-2018, 07:33 PM
Storms123 Storms123 is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 419
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwd View Post
Is it sold out yet? Does everyone have their tickets?!
Plenty of resale seats left at MSG---eek if those don't resell....AWKWARD. Ticket brokers MUST be kicking themselves right now
Reply With Quote
  #207  
Old 05-17-2018, 07:37 PM
dreamsunwind dreamsunwind is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 1,139
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwd View Post
Is it sold out yet? Does everyone have their tickets?!
Both of the LA shows still have PLENTY of seats.
Reply With Quote
  #208  
Old 05-17-2018, 08:05 PM
jwd jwd is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Fleetucky
Posts: 2,860
Default

I hope this tour flops! **** the cash cow!
Reply With Quote
  #209  
Old 05-17-2018, 08:33 PM
Storms123 Storms123 is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 419
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwd View Post
I hope this tour flops! **** the cash cow!
I don't know if it will flop, but I don't see it being nearly as successful as OWTS--for the mere fact you don't have all 5 of them. I said it on another post, it's curious we haven't heard anything about ex-US dates yet. Promoters must be watching this closely. Also--and I may be wrong here--does Stevie have solo obligations towards the latter part of 2019? That will severely hamstring anything outside the US (although--maybe that's their out clause should "An Evening with Fleetwood Mac" be an epic failure in the states) "We will resume the rest of this tour once Stevie finishes her solo obligations"...and in italics "And we crawl over hot flaming sharp coals to Lindsey Buckingham's house and beg him to save our a$$e$ once again"
Reply With Quote
  #210  
Old 05-17-2018, 08:36 PM
jwd jwd is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Fleetucky
Posts: 2,860
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storms123 View Post
I don't know if it will flop, but I don't see it being nearly as successful as OWTS--for the mere fact you don't have all 5 of them. I said it on another post, it's curious we haven't heard anything about ex-US dates yet. Promoters must be watching this closely. Also--and I may be wrong here--does Stevie have solo obligations towards the latter part of 2019? That will severely hamstring anything outside the US (although--maybe that's their out clause should "An Evening with Fleetwood Mac" be an epic failure in the states) "We will resume the rest of this tour once Stevie finishes her solo obligations"...and in italics "And we crawl over hot flaming sharp coals to Lindsey Buckingham's house and beg him to save our a$$e$ once again"
He'd be a fool to say yes. LET IT BURN!
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump

Star Trek TNG Mick Fleetwood autograph card Rare WoW Mac John McVie Stevie Nicks
$149.99
Star Trek TNG Mick Fleetwood autograph card Rare WoW Mac John McVie Stevie Nicks picturec1977 RUMOURS ERA FLEETWOOD MAC PROOF SHEET JOHN MCVIE & CURRY GRANT MID FINGER
$99.99
c1977 RUMOURS ERA FLEETWOOD MAC PROOF SHEET JOHN MCVIE & CURRY GRANT MID FINGER pictureDENNIS WILSON candid PHOTO rare pic taken by Geo Emmel JOHN McVIE Fleetwood Mac
$44.0
DENNIS WILSON candid PHOTO rare pic taken by Geo Emmel JOHN McVIE Fleetwood Mac picture1977 Press Photo John McVie Drummer of Fleetwood Mack. - lrx01220
$27.88
1977 Press Photo John McVie Drummer of Fleetwood Mack. - lrx01220 pictureWire Photo Famed British Bassist John McVie of Fleetwood Mac
$20.0
Wire Photo Famed British Bassist John McVie of Fleetwood Mac picture



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:39 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 1995-2003 Martin and Lisa Adelson, All Rights Reserved