The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read


Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #16  
Old 05-01-2018, 09:58 AM
sodascouts's Avatar
sodascouts sodascouts is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Memphis area
Posts: 4,215
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
That's the biggest load of SH*T that I've ever read. No wonder the ENTIRE WORLD hates Ticketbastard. It equals the bands saying, "we LOVE our rich fans, and f*ck the poor ones".
It is a little galling to see TM claim that the people who spend a fortunate on Official Platinum tickets are the "most passionate fans."

No, they're simply the richest fans.

(Yes, there are some big fans who save up and break the bank to get up front, but most of those sitting in the high priced seats are high income bracket.)
__________________
- Nancy

Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 05-01-2018, 02:42 PM
bombaysaffires bombaysaffires is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: West Coast
Posts: 4,262
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post

Are Official Platinum Seats resale tickets?

No. Official Platinum Seats were not purchased initially and then posted for resale; they are being sold for the first time through Ticketmaster. Ticketmaster's Official Platinum Seats program enables market-based pricing (adjusting prices according to supply and demand) for live event tickets, similar to how airline tickets and hotel rooms are sold. The goal is to give the most passionate fans fair and safe access to the best tickets, while enabling artists and other people involved in staging live events to price tickets closer to their true value.
this is such crap-- it's not fair pricing at all, because you could easily buy a ticket a higher price when demand was predicted to be high (like now) only to find it selling for a lot less when the market shows that the demand is not as high (like closer to the show date when they realize tickets are not selling).

That's like when you call for an Uber or Lyft and it's $10 early in the evening and then it's up to $75 or whatever around midnight when everyone's trying to get home safely after drinking at a club. (Last New Year's Uber charged a rider in Toronto $14,400 for a 20 min ride across town). So whenever you decide to pull the trigger and buy your tickets you are gambling that the price won't go down later. They count on you wanting tickets in hand at any price versus the risk of tickets selling out or going up.

I'm so glad I started going to concerts when you could get tickets for $10. I still have all my ticket stubs and Peter Frampton at the height of his fame was $10.00 and even the Bee Gees at the height of their fame were like $15. In today's money those would be like $40.00 and $60.00 (per my currency calculator). $1300?? you gotta be f'ing kidding me. It's so people like Stevie and Mick can continue the lifestyle they had when albums sold more. Why don't THEY have to adjust to the changing market like everyone else? Coz we're suckas.
__________________

Last edited by bombaysaffires : 05-01-2018 at 02:46 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 05-01-2018, 03:38 PM
HomerMcvie's Avatar
HomerMcvie HomerMcvie is online now
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Indiana/Tennessee
Posts: 10,438
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
this is such crap-- it's not fair pricing at all, because you could easily buy a ticket a higher price when demand was predicted to be high (like now) only to find it selling for a lot less when the market shows that the demand is not as high (like closer to the show date when they realize tickets are not selling).

That's like when you call for an Uber or Lyft and it's $10 early in the evening and then it's up to $75 or whatever around midnight when everyone's trying to get home safely after drinking at a club. (Last New Year's Uber charged a rider in Toronto $14,400 for a 20 min ride across town). So whenever you decide to pull the trigger and buy your tickets you are gambling that the price won't go down later. They count on you wanting tickets in hand at any price versus the risk of tickets selling out or going up.

I'm so glad I started going to concerts when you could get tickets for $10. I still have all my ticket stubs and Peter Frampton at the height of his fame was $10.00 and even the Bee Gees at the height of their fame were like $15. In today's money those would be like $40.00 and $60.00 (per my currency calculator). $1300?? you gotta be f'ing kidding me. It's so people like Stevie and Mick can continue the lifestyle they had when albums sold more. Why don't THEY have to adjust to the changing market like everyone else? Coz we're suckas.
I agree. It's completely insane now. The problem is that too many people ARE willing to pay $1300! I paid $350 for OWTS, and I swore that it was a one time thing. Okay, then I decided I'd do it again, for whenever their next tour would be(my rationale of this, is that they're the band of my life, and someone is gonna kick the bucket, then it's all over). Well, guess what? It's now ALL OVER.

IF I did change my mind for this tour(which is doubtful), I would ONLY consider the absolute cheapest nosebleed POS seat they have. And I'm sure my limit would be like $75. Because FM is dead, now.

And I love that I started seeing shows when I was in JR High. Peter Frampton was my first(non country) concert. My hippie aunt took me, and I think it was $6(I still have the stub somewhere). FM Mirage? We were like row 12 or something, and the ticket was $16!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
__________________
and Stevie Nicks was starting to lumber along like a sod-packed wheelbarrow.
And I'm David, not Homer!(we all should be able to change our name, at least once)

Last edited by HomerMcvie : 05-01-2018 at 04:48 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 05-01-2018, 06:24 PM
BigAl84's Avatar
BigAl84 BigAl84 is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Upstate NY near Buffalo
Posts: 571
Default

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 05-03-2018, 12:31 PM
jeets2000 jeets2000 is offline
Ledgie
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Beaver Pa USA
Posts: 70
Default

So, I'm a member of the Tom Petty Highway Companion Club (was $50 to get first access to tix on their last tour... probably worth it). As someone mentioned earlier, they emailed saying "a very limited allotment of tickets" would be available to folks with the code. That started at 10am, and granted this is only anecdotal, but at 1:30pm today there are literally hundreds of tickets available for the Washington, DC show. What was also interested was that tickets that appeared to be $229 earlier in the week were now going for $199. Maybe they're different seats, but they're on the floor and in the same section as the $229 Amex pre-sale tickets, so... Anyway, just reporting from the field with what I saw.

It took me a while, but I think I'm finally at peace with not going to see this tour. Raising ticket prices is one thing, but doing so for THIS line-up ("We're a new band" )... no thanks.
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 05-03-2018, 01:16 PM
Neal's Avatar
Neal Neal is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: San Jose, CA USA
Posts: 1,671
Default

Well it would appear sales aren't what they expected them to be. I've been watching all of the California shows since Monday, and today all venues appear to have dropped their prices. Anywhere from $20-$60.

I'm thinking I might wait until day of the show. Maybe by that time they'll pay ME to take a seat!
__________________
"Ooh, there is magic...all around you...
every time you walk in the room..."
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 05-03-2018, 01:27 PM
lovethemac1's Avatar
lovethemac1 lovethemac1 is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: center of Canada
Posts: 435
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
I agree. It's completely insane now. The problem is that too many people ARE willing to pay $1300! I paid $350 for OWTS, and I swore that it was a one time thing. Okay, then I decided I'd do it again, for whenever their next tour would be(my rationale of this, is that they're the band of my life, and someone is gonna kick the bucket, then it's all over). Well, guess what? It's now ALL OVER.

IF I did change my mind for this tour(which is doubtful), I would ONLY consider the absolute cheapest nosebleed POS seat they have. And I'm sure my limit would be like $75. Because FM is dead, now.

And I love that I started seeing shows when I was in JR High. Peter Frampton was my first(non country) concert. My hippie aunt took me, and I think it was $6(I still have the stub somewhere). FM Mirage? We were like row 12 or something, and the ticket was $16!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Love all of this, this is EXACTLY how I feel. Thank you for summarizing it for me!!
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 05-03-2018, 02:01 PM
Feather Blade Feather Blade is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 269
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neal View Post
Well it would appear sales aren't what they expected them to be. I've been watching all of the California shows since Monday, and today all venues appear to have dropped their prices. Anywhere from $20-$60.

I'm thinking I might wait until day of the show. Maybe by that time they'll pay ME to take a seat!
Someone reported in the MacNuggets thread that 12 out of 20 of the best selling ticketed events currently are Mac shows though it is early yet, I suppose sales could definitely fall off at some point. I can't decide whether to grab tickets soon or wait things out and hope for ticket drops later.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 05-03-2018, 02:04 PM
lilyfee's Avatar
lilyfee lilyfee is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 365
Arrow

I was disappointed in the ticket options for shows nearby me. I think I’ll wait until tomorrow when they hopefully expand the options.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 05-03-2018, 02:59 PM
StevieandChris StevieandChris is offline
Senior Ledgie
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 222
Default

I tried to do the Livenation pre-sale for MSG and it said I could only get a single seat based on what was available. Have never seen that message bolefore. Will try again for public on-sale. I like to go with a friend.
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 05-03-2018, 04:23 PM
HomerMcvie's Avatar
HomerMcvie HomerMcvie is online now
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Indiana/Tennessee
Posts: 10,438
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethemac1 View Post
Love all of this, this is EXACTLY how I feel. Thank you for summarizing it for me!!
You're welcome.

They let greed and petty bickering ruin the legacy they've been building for 43 years. It's over, now. RIP FM.
__________________
and Stevie Nicks was starting to lumber along like a sod-packed wheelbarrow.
And I'm David, not Homer!(we all should be able to change our name, at least once)
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump

1997 Pretty Blond Singer Bekka Bramlett With Billy Burnette Press Photo
$20.0
1997 Pretty Blond Singer Bekka Bramlett With Billy Burnette Press Photo picturePress Photo Billy Burnette, Guitarist - spp41773
$19.99
Press Photo Billy Burnette, Guitarist - spp41773 picture1992 Press Photo Musician Billy Burnette in portrait holding guitar - sap07859
$16.88
1992 Press Photo Musician Billy Burnette in portrait holding guitar - sap07859 pictureRARE 1980s Original 35mm Negative Strip of (3) Rock Star BILLY BURNETTE
$15.88
RARE 1980s Original 35mm Negative Strip of (3) Rock Star BILLY BURNETTE pictureRARE 1980s Original 35mm Negative Strip of (5) Rock Star BILLY BURNETTE
$15.88
RARE 1980s Original 35mm Negative Strip of (5) Rock Star BILLY BURNETTE picture



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:37 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 1995-2003 Martin and Lisa Adelson, All Rights Reserved