Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-20-2018, 03:30 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Interview with comments from Sharon Celani

I really wasn't sure where to post this, so I apologize if maybe it should've been in a different board!

https://starworldwidenetworks.com/ep...cinda-williams

I found this podcast/interview/radio thing and Sharon Celani was one of the guests. Kinda random if you ask me, but at around the 12.05 mark she talks about the upcoming tour, interestingly she says that they don't go into rehearsals until in August, but the ones that were done earlier with Mike and Neil went well, Mike is a great guitarist and Neil's voice sounds good with Stevie and Christine. The interviewer talks about Lindsey not being there and she says she's really sad about it, that she's a huge fan of Lindsey and again repeats that it's very sad.
Old 05-20-2018, 07:39 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Thanks for posting this. The interesting part was Stevie promising Sharon to get her in Fleetwood Mac the whole time. Not until Lindsey left did Stevie finally make true on her word to bring her into the band. Then Fleetwood Mac had back up singers. Funny story that during the Dance Lindsey asked Sharon how she knew the parts of the songs. She told Lindsey she had been singing in Fleetwood Mac for 10 years. LAMO. Lindsey did not even know Stevie brought her back up singers on tour for all those years?
Sharon talked about singing back up for Don't Come Around Here No More. I wish the interviewer could have asked the question that has been debated forever. Is Stevie singing back up on the song? She is not credited but I have always thought I heard her.

Last edited by Macfan4life; 05-20-2018 at 07:50 AM..
Old 05-20-2018, 03:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

That sounds crazy that Lindsey didn't know Sharon had been singing backup with FM, considering Lindsey himself performed with FM on their last show for Behind the Mask. He played guitar for Landslide and performed Go Your Own Way, so it's kind of hard to believe he didn't notice Sharon or the other backup singer.
Old 05-20-2018, 03:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamsunwind View Post
Kinda random if you ask me, but at around the 12.05 mark she talks about the upcoming tour, interestingly she says that they don't go into rehearsals until in August, but the ones that were done earlier with Mike and Neil went well, Mike is a great guitarist and Neil's voice sounds good with Stevie and Christine.
From Musicares onward that would have been about 6 months. They could have recorded the lions share of an album in that time.
Oh, to think what could have been.

'Where words fail, music speaks'
Mick Fleetwood
Old 05-20-2018, 03:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

thanks for sharing and pointing out at what times to listen to.

it's interesting to hear her glance over Lindsey "leaving" like he just comes and goes and is "sadly" temporary away now. almost sounds like the band thought throwing him out for a bit is not a big deal. and that maybe they even tried to sell that he "left" to the new band members and even backup band?

when i was listening to this something else struck me - how some fans eat up anything served by the band or its members, and blindly follow whether or not that goes against any rhyme or reason. like that discussion about the double album. even though we have interviews audio or statements to the contrary from the past, some people just take whatever the newest statement by their favorite is and try to twist any reality to fit that statement. like this "he left" bs that band is trying to serve the public now, and that Sharon is kinda-sorta repeating here. like he has a choice to come and go.

many, many other fans think and don't blindly follow. recently, there were so many of us calling bs on Lindsey and Christine statements that BuckVie album was always gonna be a duo album. we had statements and interviews from years before making it very clear it was gonna be a FM album. these fans call bs from any band members, whether we like them or not.

very interesting dynamic.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"

Last edited by elle; 05-20-2018 at 03:50 PM..
Old 05-20-2018, 07:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
From Musicares onward that would have been about 6 months. They could have recorded the lions share of an album in that time.
Oh, to think what could have been.
Think about this: In the time it took from the beginnings of what became EP and LBCM through today, its almost double the time of Peter Greens tenure in Fleetwood Mac.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 05-20-2018, 07:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
Think about this: In the time it took from the beginnings of what became EP and LBCM through today, it’s almost double the time of Peter Green’s tenure in Fleetwood Mac.
yes. that's why Lindsey is so much better off being thrown out of this band that has been only putting barriers in front of him since before SYW. remember how during recording of SYW he was already talking about the next FM album? that was back in like 2001-02. the album that STILL never came out.

how sad. Stevie Nicks tried to kill that band foir many years now, all the while talking how she never would. she succeeded now.

and that's not trying to talk bad about her. it's just a fact, and anyone who doesn't accept that is just willfully blind. she may have had her reasons, and you may think they are justified or not, but that's what she did. if she was thrown out of FM some time in the last decade plus, we would have had several FM albums in this century. you know it and i know it. yet, the situation is very different now.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 05-20-2018, 07:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
That sounds crazy that Lindsey didn't know Sharon had been singing backup with FM, considering Lindsey himself performed with FM on their last show for Behind the Mask. He played guitar for Landslide and performed Go Your Own Way, so it's kind of hard to believe he didn't notice Sharon or the other backup singer.
I think its an insignificant detail Lindsey could care less about. He probably never saw them live in 1987 and his Landslide in 1990 was probably in and out. I bet if Lindsey would have toured with the band in 1987 Stevie would not have brought Sharon.
Old 05-20-2018, 07:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
I think its an insignificant detail Lindsey could care less about. He probably never saw them live in 1987 and his Landslide in 1990 was probably in and out. I bet if Lindsey would have toured with the band in 1987 Stevie would not have brought Sharon.
isn't it interesting that that's what a Stevie fan would focus on from this whole interview? why would Lindsey know every detail about the band he left to do other things? that would be sick.

Old 05-20-2018, 07:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
isn't it interesting that that's what a Stevie fan would focus on from this whole interview? why would Lindsey know every detail about the band he left to do other things? that would be sick.
LOL yeah, that's sick all right!

Lindsey was at the entire concert, so yeah, I'm surprised he didn't notice there were two backup singers. I mean, how could he miss them? Especially when he was on the stage performing Go Your Own Way with them?!?

I'm a Fleetwood Mac fan, you're a Lindsey fan. You hate Fleetwood Mac, you call them different names, say they're not the real band, etc. I like Lindsey and his music, and I don't bad mouth him. That's the difference between you and I, you try to get people to hate Fleetwood Mac. I don't try to get people to hate Lindsey.
Old 05-20-2018, 08:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
yes. that's why Lindsey is so much better off being thrown out of this band that has been only putting barriers in front of him since before SYW. remember how during recording of SYW he was already talking about the next FM album? that was back in like 2001-02. the album that STILL never came out.

how sad. Stevie Nicks tried to kill that band foir many years now, all the while talking how she never would. she succeeded now.

and that's not trying to talk bad about her. it's just a fact, and anyone who doesn't accept that is just willfully blind. she may have had her reasons, and you may think they are justified or not, but that's what she did. if she was thrown out of FM some time in the last decade plus, we would have had several FM albums in this century. you know it and i know it. yet, the situation is very different now.
As Ive said for many, many years, Im a Fleetwood Mac fan in spite of Stevie, not because of her. John and Christine McVie are probably the biggest reason I keep coming back, but the radically different styles amongst the guitarists is the biggest reason I continue listening to them. Yes, I love Lindsey, especially as someone who grew up with folk music (my uncle was friends with Noel Paul Stookey of Peter, Paul & Mary), so seeing a folkie rocking out was a game changer. But after I started listening to the entire catalog, so were Peter, Danny, Bob, and Billy in very different ways. Mystery To Me was like the third or fourth album I bought, and it was one that I didnt immediately get, but now its top 5 or so. Mike Campbell is always someone I felt was the John McVie of guitar: always tasteful, plays exactly what the song requires without overplaying or leaving one wanting, and criminally underrated, so seeing them together is blowing my mind.

Thats not to say Im happy about what played out, but I dont have control over it. I could be angry, but I already got over that last year.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 05-20-2018, 08:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Even if he noticed her at those shows, he may not have known she'd been touring full time with them for so long.
Old 05-20-2018, 09:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamsunwind View Post
Even if he noticed her at those shows, he may not have known she'd been touring full time with them for so long.
Very true, and I certainly wasn't trying to make a big deal out of it. I simply expressed surprise that he supposedly said he didn't know Sharon had toured with FM, when he shared a stage with her while she was singing backup. Your point makes more sense, that maybe Lindsey just hadn't realized how long Sharon had been touring with them, not that he didn't see her on the night he performed with them.
Old 05-20-2018, 09:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
LOL yeah, that's sick all right!

Lindsey was at the entire concert, so yeah, I'm surprised he didn't notice there were two backup singers. I mean, how could he miss them? Especially when he was on the stage performing Go Your Own Way with them?!?

I'm a Fleetwood Mac fan, you're a Lindsey fan.I
wow. apparently you consider being a Stevie fan is so bad that you decided to ascribe all kinds of non-existent hate to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan4136 View Post
Want to piss off a Lindsey fan.....lie to them.

Want to piss off a Stevie fan.....tell them the truth.

Old 05-20-2018, 09:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
Thats not to say Im happy about what played out, but I dont have control over it. I could be angry, but I already got over that last year.
you know, you seem to be more unhappy about it being called BuckVie than most of us are. i was really annoyed at first, as you know, but in the end, i thought it got their names out there a bit. it is possible that all the backlash now is there because his name was more in public eye last year, than it was with FM for a very long time now. so i'm kinda ambivalent about them calling it BuckVie.

although, better solution would have been to throw out SN at the end of 2016 when she said her definitive no to the album.