The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Stevie Nicks
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 08-06-2006, 02:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Fighting foh the Nohthun Stah...NO SPEED LIMIT! BITCH! THIS IS THE FAST LANE!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommer
here, i made one too:

Brilliant.

Whehyll I can do EHYT!! Wehyll I can make it WAHN moh thihme! (wheyllit'sA reayllongwaytogooo! To say goodbhiiy!) -
Old 08-06-2006, 02:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

OH. MY. GOD.

I am dying over here! The JFK one had me on the floor - not becuase I know in seconds he'll be shot - but the Stevie...oh my god.

I love this kind of **** because it's just well...it's just funny.

These remind of Bert is evil - have you seen that website? It does something similar putting Bert (of Enrie and Bert fame) at the site of evil doings etc....

This is way better though...*wipes away tears of laughter*
Old 08-06-2006, 03:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Stew
I don't think anyone is making light of the tragedies that occured, we're just laughing at the absurdity of seeing classic Stevie poses incorporated into these situations.

But how can you do that without making light of the situation? I imagine someone who had lost a family member or a home in the photo of the flood probably wouldn't find it humerous. Especially in light of the events of Katrina. Sure it's silly looking, but again, I think to use real events that had a profound effect on someone is disrespectful to the people who lived through them, or the memories of the people who were lost in them. What's next, Stevie on the docks of Pearl Harbor during the attack, or perhaps banging her tamborine in line at Auschwitz? It's just not the kind of thing I would laugh at personally, but everyone has a different sense of humor. I just wanted to let BTFLCHLD know I was thinking the same thing.
Old 08-06-2006, 04:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Fighting foh the Nohthun Stah...NO SPEED LIMIT! BITCH! THIS IS THE FAST LANE!!!

^^^^

we're not laughing at the tragedy, we're laughing at the absurdity of the Stevie placements.
But, it's just you and BTFLCHLD, so hopefully two people's opinion won't stop further hilarious pictures from ensuing. And I mean, hilarious.

That Pearl Harbor one is kind of a good idea, who's going to get on that? Too bad there are no pics of the Titanic going down...

Whehyll I can do EHYT!! Wehyll I can make it WAHN moh thihme! (wheyllit'sA reayllongwaytogooo! To say goodbhiiy!) -
Old 08-06-2006, 04:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Dark in my flaming staircase, being totally unfamiliar with the artist or her music

Wouldn't it be horrible if somebody made a movie or image that spat in the face of a horrible tragedy like Pearl Harbor. I can't imagine how many people that would piss off.

Oh wait. Nevermind.
Old 08-06-2006, 04:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by amber
^^^^

we're not laughing at the tragedy, we're laughing at the absurdity of the Stevie placements.
But, it's just you and BTFLCHLD, so hopefully two people's opinion won't stop further hilarious pictures from ensuing. And I mean, hilarious.

That Pearl Harbor one is kind of a good idea, who's going to get on that? Too bad there are no pics of the Titanic going down...

I didn't say people were laughing at the tragedy, but to use it in this way diminishes their seriousness especially to people who were effected by them. It doesn't bother me if it continues. There are lots of things I don't like, and I'm not egotistical enough to think that me saying I don't like them will get them to stop. Having said that, just because 2 people commented unfaforably about the contents of the thread doesn't mean everyone on the boards loves it. It just means 2 out of the several people posting and commenting in this paticular thread don't. Oh, and it would be easy enough for you to get a photo of Pearl Harbor being bombed, but honestly I think that would be more to get a rise than to be funny. Especially seeing how Stevie feels about vetrans. You'd end up on her Sh**t list for sure.

Now, who was it that mentioned the King Kong and Godzilla one, because THAT would be funny.
Old 08-06-2006, 04:17 PM
DashingDan
This message has been deleted by DashingDan.
Old 08-06-2006, 04:21 PM
DashingDan
This message has been deleted by DashingDan. Reason: screwing it up
Old 08-06-2006, 04:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Disaster was the only thing...

..I could depend on
Attached Images
File Type: gif aa_lange_power_2_e.gif (85.3 KB, 118 views)
Old 08-06-2006, 04:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Actually hilarity and what is or is not hilarious is completely and totally subjective. So what one finds hilarious another may not and that's just what makes the world go round.

If they images offend - then one has the option of not looking at them.

It's clear that many of us share a demented sort of sense of humor - and the Stevie of Death images are not meant to be disrespectful - but I can understand why some would find them to be so.

Really there is no easy answer here...except to just not partake in the action if you find this sort of thing unsavory
Old 08-06-2006, 05:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by paleshadow
I didn't say people were laughing at the tragedy, but to use it in this way diminishes their seriousness especially to people who were effected by them. It doesn't bother me if it continues. There are lots of things I don't like, and I'm not egotistical enough to think that me saying I don't like them will get them to stop. Having said that, just because 2 people commented unfaforably about the contents of the thread doesn't mean everyone on the boards loves it. It just means 2 out of the several people posting and commenting in this paticular thread don't. Oh, and it would be easy enough for you to get a photo of Pearl Harbor being bombed, but honestly I think that would be more to get a rise than to be funny. Especially seeing how Stevie feels about vetrans. You'd end up on her Sh**t list for sure.

Now, who was it that mentioned the King Kong and Godzilla one, because THAT would be funny.
Yeah, I read what you said before. Oh, and if Stevie ever sees this, ie, no way, i'd happily go on her sh*t list for laughing at that. Although, I think she might laugh as well.

Old 08-06-2006, 05:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Personally, I find this idea funny. It's twisted, it's the melding of incommensurates, it's gallows humor. I don't want to offend the people who are uncomfortable with it & who feel it is disrespectful to the dead.

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 08-06-2006, 06:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: bouncing off the wall at you. being defined by the applause.

I had a feeling this thread would upset some people.
I can see both sides. I mean..what's next? Stevie at the OJ Simpson
crime scene? Speaking of Trouble In Shangri-LA....
Old 08-06-2006, 06:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I dont find them offensive or funny, just quite dark in some cases.

And which event is this one?

Reagan assassination attempt?

Romy

Non vogliate negar l'esperienza
di retro al sol, del mondo sanza gente
Considerate la vostra semenza
fatti non foste a viver come bruti
ma per seguir virtute e canoscenza ~ Dante Alighieri, Divina Commedia, Inferno Canto XXVI
Old 08-06-2006, 08:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David
Personally, I find this idea funny. It's twisted, it's the melding of incommensurates, it's gallows humor. I don't want to offend the people who are uncomfortable with it & who feel it is disrespectful to the dead.
Someone, somewhere, is always going to be offended by anything.
I find the absurdity of some of these completely hysterical in terms of the irony of it. The fact that most of them are at an emotional remove because they are not recent events renders them inoffensive to me.
The Nicole Simpson/Ron Goldman murder scene would cross the line for me, personally. Just because those hideous pictures are in color and it was a bloody, awful crime that no one was ever punished for. I doubt anyone would find that funny. But, I wouldn't bellyache if someone did. Ditto 9/11, as that is a very raw spot for almost everyone at this point in history. Ditto Princess Diana. I have a personal, visceral connection to each of those events. But, again, I wouldn't bother to beat anyone up over it.

All animals are equal. But some animals are more equal than others.
Old 08-07-2006, 02:11 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SortaSavageLike

Bwahhhh....hilarious!!!

I used to be Snow White but I drifted - Mae West.
Old 08-07-2006, 09:36 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SortaSavageLike
Wouldn't it be horrible if somebody made a movie or image that spat in the face of a horrible tragedy like Pearl Harbor. I can't imagine how many people that would piss off.

Oh wait. Nevermind.
Yeah, that would be terrible.