User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-29-2018, 03:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugar Mouse View Post
That was what the band's camp told him and no one from the Lindsey camp denies that part of the story.
However, you seem to miss that Andy Green went on the record as saying that he didn’t really believe their story based on their body language. While that’s subjective observation on his part, I can’t imagine that throwing a band like Fleetwood Mac under the bus is a good career move for rock journalist, so he must have really believed he was right.

Also, the talk of a concurrent tour actually does rebuke the band’s story. By definition, he couldn’t be planning a CONCURRENT tour and also ask for a nearly two year delay.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 05-29-2018, 03:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
Didn’t Jimmy Paxson comment on it, too?
someone said he did, but then deleted his post very fast. so i don't know whether he did or not.

people's comments were very clear too, when replying to claims that Lindsey was asking for huge delay bs. all these people started their comment with "wrong!"

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 05-29-2018, 03:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
Didn’t Jimmy Paxson comment on it, too?
Brian Larsen did too. And he’s spent some time with Lindsey very recently (according to his IG)
Old 05-29-2018, 03:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
also note that Andy Greene's report supports band narrative only if you selectively just go by the written article, but not if you listen to his actual commentary of the interview here https://cms.megaphone.fm/channel/rol...=PPY8437307399 - his commentary is hilarious and implies band is lying.
That may be your interpretation. I've listened to the audio and I don't hear it that way. He said that this is the band's account which we know is the case.
Old 05-29-2018, 03:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
someone said he did, but then deleted his post very fast. so i don't know whether he did or not.

people's comments were very clear too, when replying to claims that Lindsey was asking for huge delay bs. all these people started their comment with "wrong!"
Please post one quote from someone who denies that Lindsey asked to delay the tour. Even Rick Turner said that Lindsey did ask to delay the tour but Rick said that someone told him that Lindsey had backed off that demand.
Old 05-29-2018, 04:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

[QUOTE=SteveMacD;1229769
Also, the talk of a concurrent tour actually does rebuke the band’s story. By definition, he couldn’t be planning a CONCURRENT tour and also ask for a nearly two year delay.[/QUOTE]

Great point!
SM - there IS evidence to support Lindsey's view to tour both FM and solo together. Why are these never wrong and never lie 'media outlets' not mentioning this?

I wonder to myself has there ever once in history been a time when a media outlet has reported something as fact when it was a lie or untruth? Hmmmmm
Old 05-29-2018, 04:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Please post one quote from someone who denies that Lindsey asked to delay the tour. Even Rick Turner said that Lindsey did ask to delay the tour but Rick said that someone told him that Lindsey had backed off that demand.
Please, here once again you're being deliberately obtuse. The issue isn't a delay - the issue is the claim made by your 'sources' and the narrative now being pushed that Lindsey was 'ugly worded' for demanding nearly a two year delay in touring. I can't imagine anyone of sound mind believing that Lindsey actually made such a demand.

Last edited by Dr.Brown; 05-29-2018 at 05:12 PM.. Reason: typo
Old 05-29-2018, 04:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Brown View Post
Please, here once again being you're being deliberately obtuse. The issue isn't a delay - the issue is the claim made by your 'sources' and the narrative now being pushed that Lindsey was 'ugly worded' for demanding nearly a two year delay in touring. I can't imagine anyone of sound mind believing that Lindsey actually made such a demand.
Thanks for letting me know when I'm deliberately being obtuse. Good to know.

Also, delaying the tour until November 2019 is a ONE year delay as this tour is starting in October 2018.
Old 05-29-2018, 05:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel75 View Post
Great point!
SM - there IS evidence to support Lindsey's view to tour both FM and solo together. Why are these never wrong and never lie 'media outlets' not mentioning this?

I wonder to myself has there ever once in history been a time when a media outlet has reported something as fact when it was a lie or untruth? Hmmmmm
Oh my ... the band told Rolling Stone that Lindsey wanted a "solid year" delay in the tour from October 2018 to November 2019. Where did you get this two year stuff?

And I agree that Lindsey asked the band to have a concurrent solo tour alongside the Mac tour. The band said "no" and Lindsey kept pushing for that and the two sides went back and forth and Lindsey proposed moving the Mac tour back a year (as Rick Turner acknowledged). Eventually the band became more and more frustrated with this and fired Lindsey. Lindsey and his friends/family think this is a raw deal.
Old 05-29-2018, 05:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

From January 2018 (when things apparently came to an impasse) to November 2019 = 22 months. That's almost two years.

What is Lindsey's most extensive tour ever, time-wise?

Perhaps you can do some research, find out, and then see for yourself why a demand for such a delay is outlandish, especially given the age and health condition of other band members.

Old 05-29-2018, 05:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Oh my ... the band told Rolling Stone that Lindsey wanted a "solid year" delay in the tour from October 2018 to November 2019. Where did you get this two year stuff?

And I agree that Lindsey asked the band to have a concurrent solo tour alongside the Mac tour. The band said "no" and Lindsey kept pushing for that and the two sides went back and forth and Lindsey proposed moving the Mac tour back a year (as Rick Turner acknowledged). Eventually the band became more and more frustrated with this and fired Lindsey. Lindsey and his friends/family think this is a raw deal.
Lol NOW you're saying this? This is literally what most people have been saying. That the band is manipulating the truth with their whole "he just didn't want to go on tour for a whole year" story. Whenever the supposed delay suggestion happened or didn't happen, he was TRYING to do something that would work with the band's tour plan and they weren't budging and then just threw him out. It's not some huge conspiracy intended to bash on other members (although it's perfectly reasonable to question the intentions of people like Mick and Stevie), it's just people obviously objecting to the fact that Lindsey was trying to work something out so he could do the solo thing he wanted to do but the band was unfair in not allowing it and its criminal that they would just throw him out because he was trying to get them to be flexible on HIS side for once(rather than Stevie's-- who they will always work around, no matter what she does) and then paint a colored version of the story in the press to make themselves look better.
Old 05-29-2018, 05:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
ELLE can you please share the Federico Poll comment that you posted earlier?
Old 05-29-2018, 05:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamsunwind View Post
Lol NOW you're saying this? This is literally what most people have been saying. That the band is manipulating the truth with their whole "he just didn't want to go on tour for a whole year" story. Whenever the supposed delay suggestion happened or didn't happen, he was TRYING to do something that would work with the band's tour plan and they weren't budging and then just threw him out. It's not some huge conspiracy intended to bash on other members (although it's perfectly reasonable to question the intentions of people like Mick and Stevie), it's just people obviously objecting to the fact that Lindsey was trying to work something out so he could do the solo thing he wanted to do but the band was unfair in not allowing it and its criminal that they would just throw him out because he was trying to get them to be flexible on HIS side for once(rather than Stevie's-- who they will always work around, no matter what she does) and then paint a colored version of the story in the press to make themselves look better.
The bogus conspiracy theory is that this was a Mick/Stevie plan to boot Lindsey. It was Lindsey agreeing to the Mac tour 1-2 years ago and then deciding that he also wants a solo tour and then pushing and pushing to have his solo tour concurrent w/ the Mac tour. The band had every right to say "no". The band tried all they could to work out a compromise but eventually became frustrated with Lindsey. Anyone who watched the "Destiny Rules" documentary saw just how uncompromising Lindsey can be. This is like any company that doesn't want an employee doing another job that could affect the person's job performance or the company itself. The band tried to make it work with Lindsey but eventually cut ties with him when it became clear that a compromise couldn't be reached.
Old 05-29-2018, 05:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
The bogus conspiracy theory is that this was a Mick/Stevie plan to boot Lindsey. It was Lindsey agreeing to the Mac tour 1-2 years ago and then deciding that he also wants a solo tour and then pushing and pushing to have his solo tour concurrent w/ the Mac tour. The band had every right to say "no". The band tried all they could to work out a compromise but eventually became frustrated with Lindsey. Anyone who watched the "Destiny Rules" documentary saw just how uncompromising Lindsey can be. This is like any company that doesn't want an employee doing another job that could affect the person's job performance or the company itself. The band tried to make it work with Lindsey but eventually cut ties with him when it became clear that a compromise couldn't be reached.
The Destiny Rules documentary???? LOL.
All that really showed to me is Lindsey being dramatic and ~new artsy music-y~ and then ultimately giving up his double album dream (interestingly who was VERY uncompromising in NOT wanting it to be a double album-- Stevie! Who threatened not to tour for the length of it if that were to happen, a big factor in why it was scrapped).
And if you honestly think Fleetwood Mac is so adamant that they don't want their members doing anything that could somehow affect the band then I really don't know what to tell you. If they were serious about that then Stevie would've gotten the boot DECADES ago, maybe when she went to Australia to sing with Tom Petty instead of working in the studio with her band. Or any of the countless delays she's caused or BS they've let her get away with. They only care when it's a member who doesn't fill arenas the same way and it's easier for them to just get replacements, no matter how much that member has given to the band for decades.
Old 05-29-2018, 06:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
See, that’s speculation on your part. Many here are speculating either the concurrent tour was a compromise or that he never asked for the tour to be delayed because the only plan WAS a concurrent tour.

Stevie is the only one who said he wanted to delay rehearsals until next November. However, people directly connected with Lindsey, one even being in Lindsey’s band, have only talked about a concurrent tour. So, it’s literally a matter of who you choose to believe.

THE Stephen Hopkins