User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-26-2013, 09:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpyNote View Post
It's kind of pathetic that the media get their news from FB and Twitter (like the rest of us), rather than doing their own investigative research (i.e. make some phone calls, damn it!).
Yes I agree..

Laziness is the problem with the media people.

The best thing to do is to get a statement from FM themselves or from their PR person.

Screw the bits and pieces from FB and twitter.

Again my prayers go out to John to get well.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 10-26-2013, 09:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

https://twitter.com/KateLynchJourno/...90642701918208

@KateLynchJourno
Release about @fleetwoodmac NZ tour due very soon. Will Tweet as soon as I have it
Old 10-26-2013, 09:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Just found this

“John McVie dead 2013” : Fleetwood Mac bassist killed by internet death hoax

John McVie is the latest celeb to fall victim to a death hoax
JOHN MCVIE »
See more news, pictures and video.
Hot news
PETS OCTOBER 21, 2013
John McVie’s Dog Recovering from Surgery
MUSIC OCTOBER 2013
John McVie: New Album and 2014 World Tour?
News of musician John McVie’s death spread quickly earlier this week causing concern among fans across the world. However the October 2013 report has now been confirmed as a complete hoax and just the latest in a string of fake celebrity death reports. Thankfully, Fleetwood Mac bassist is alive and well.

UPDATE 27/10/2013 : This story seems to be false. (read more)

John McVie death hoax spreads on Facebook

Rumors of the musician’s alleged demise gained traction on Friday after a ‘R.I.P. John McVie’ Facebook page attracted nearly one million of ‘likes’. Those who read the ‘About’ page were given a believable account of the British musician’s passing:

“At about 11 a.m. ET on Friday (October 25, 2013), our beloved musician John McVie passed away. John McVie was born on November 26, 1945 in London. He will be missed but not forgotten. Please show your sympathy and condolences by commenting on and liking this page.”
Hundreds of fans immediately started writing their messages of condolence on the Facebook page, expressing their sadness that the talented 67-year-old musician was dead. And as usual, Twittersphere was frenzied over the death hoax.

Where as some trusting fans believed the post, others were immediately skeptical of the report, perhaps learning their lesson from the huge amount of fake death reports emerging about celebrities over recent months. Some pointed out that the news had not been carried on any major British network, indicating that it was a fake report, as the death of a musician of John McVie's stature would be major news across networks.

A recent poll conducted for the Celebrity Post shows that a large majority (84%) of respondents think those John McVie death rumors are not funny anymore.

John McVie Death Hoax Dismissed Since Musician Is ‘Alive And Well’

On Saturday (October 26) the musician's reps officially confirmed that John McVie is not dead. “He joins the long list of celebrities who have been victimized by this hoax. He's still alive and well, stop believing what you see on the Internet,” they said.

Some fans have expressed anger at the fake report saying it was reckless, distressing and hurtful to fans of the much loved musician. Others say this shows his extreme popularity across the globe.

http://en.mediamass.net/people/john-...deathhoax.html

You got a sweet heart
Never will you be replaced
Old 10-26-2013, 10:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Now, Stevie will hate the internet even more. I wonder what she will say in her next WY intro, if there will be an allusion.

Luckily, I never saw the "John is Dead" news. I was late to the game and just saw the cancer part and I still don't know if that's true.

I do think John would probably not announce it if it was, although they'd have to give a reason for cancelling the rest of the tour. So, maybe he would. But that need aside, I think the first inclination would be for them to just keep that to themselves. We never see him anyway and it would be very simple for him to slip out of sight for a couple of years without saying anything publicly about treatment.

Michele
Old 10-26-2013, 10:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I used to make fun of Harvey Levin, but now the major networks rely on TMZ for breaking news and it used to be limited to only celebrities, but TMZ now is the first with news about politicians as well. So, that's our journalism now, TMZ and twitter.

Michele
Old 10-26-2013, 10:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I didn't see the "JM is dead" either, I just came across it.

You got a sweet heart
Never will you be replaced
Old 10-26-2013, 10:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I would say the rumours about John's cancer are probably true. If they were hacked and weren't canceling the tour they would have posted that on their FB when they removed the original post. I just think someone in their management team jumped the gun like they always do. Remember how many times Stevie's Twitter was started over?!
Old 10-26-2013, 10:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Old 10-26-2013, 11:07 PM
Banned

Default rumours

Someone I know that lives outside of Perth wrote me that earlier when the news first broke, you could still purchase tickets, now, without explanation you cannot....

Sad how fast rumours can spread, but then sadder that getting the truth takes so damned long!!!!
Old 10-26-2013, 11:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by APerfectLie View Post
I just think someone in their management team jumped the gun like they always do.
Yes, they would probably want to make such an announcement AFTER the Ziggo dome show and not before.

I can't imagine Stevie wouldn't have teared up a little during the show, although no one would have said the reason.

Anyway, even if it's true, John has still been doing these 2 hour shows and I think that's great. I think he's going in strong. I'm glad to have a mom who was in intensive care following a post-chemo infection 11 years ago and is now healthy and more active than she even needs to be. So, I just feel hope and gratitude and a bit of depression, but I smile thinking of both Christine and her brother John there using their healing powers on Mr. McVie, should he need them.

Michele
Old 10-26-2013, 11:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by drag00n View Post
Someone I know that lives outside of Perth wrote me that earlier when the news first broke, you could still purchase tickets, now, without explanation you cannot....

Sad how fast rumours can spread, but then sadder that getting the truth takes so damned long!!!!
As of right now, it appears you can still buy tickets to shows that are not already sold out. I just picked seats for Sydney, Melbourne, and Perth. It let me go as far as entering my credit card information.
Old 10-26-2013, 11:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by drag00n View Post

Looking at the ticketek website myself, tickets still seem to be available to purchase. Amen about how long the truth is taking to come out though.
Old 10-26-2013, 11:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubtfulMiracle View Post
Looking at the ticketek website myself, tickets still seem to be available to purchase. Amen about how long the truth is taking to come out though.
yeah, it was the same with LB's cancelled UK shows in 2011. so, hard to tell what's going on.

their PR / management is sloppy and slow with social media. if it's a hoax that shouldn't be hard to announce - they have an official website and official twitter account, besides their FB page.

at least at that time with LB's 2011 tour, his official website announced almost immediately that the tour was postponed so that people didn't have to wait the whole weekend to find out one way or another. then on Monday official Live Nation statement finally came.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 10-26-2013, 11:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

You have to smile when you think that it was John's idea to call the album Rumours. He knew what he was talking about.

Michele
Old 10-26-2013, 11:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

The fact that it hasn't been announced as a hoax (which, like all of you have been saying, could have easily been posted at the time the initial statement was taken down and the issue would have been solved) is unfortunately leading me to believe it's most likely true.

But I suppose we still have to wait for the final word.

P.S. Dear Fleetwood Mac, I will gladly take over your social media accounts and run them in a timely and effective manner completely free of charge. It would be my pleasure and save me a lot of personal frustration.