User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-09-2009, 08:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Oh, Stevie, why don't you want to sit on a couch with Lindsey, watching old movies and wrapping him in velvet.?
It could be that she wishes that she and Lindsey were closer (as to how close I won't speculate) which is why she always makes the point to emphatically point out that they aren't friends...to sort of hide the way she truly feels. In a way, I guess you could think of it as "the lady doth protest too much."

Another thing I was thinking when that interview from New Zealand aired a few weeks ago...when she stated that she and Lindsey aren't friends and then turned around and immediately gushed about how close she and Mick are, it hit me as a sort of a subtle attempt to make Lindsey feel bad about the state of their relationship...and perhaps jealous even.

All I can say is, judging by her attitude, it doesn't seem as though they are in a good place right now

lol...then again, it could be that they just aren't friends...the end

Last edited by GypsyBlueEyes; 10-09-2009 at 11:49 PM..
Old 10-09-2009, 10:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

If Stevie and Lindsey were actually friends, their entire relationship would be ruined for me.
Old 10-09-2009, 11:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniellaaarisen View Post
If Stevie and Lindsey were actually friends, their entire relationship would be ruined for me.
They love each other like brother and sister. She often confuses him with Christopher. Michele
Old 10-09-2009, 11:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
They love each other like brother and sister. She often confuses him with Christopher. Michele
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaasrgthlfghhhhhhh!
Old 10-09-2009, 11:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Why, oh why?

Photobucket
Old 10-10-2009, 12:50 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
Why, oh why?

Photobucket
The tension is what makes their relationship so tragic and so powerful. The dark beauty of Lindsey and Stevie comes in their inability to dedicate themselves to one side or another-- they will never be able to presently love without a deeply rooted sense of all of their past hatred and vice versa. If one considered the other a "friend", the inaccessibility and constant indecision would be gone.... and that is what really fuels the tragedy of it in my opinion.

Last edited by daniellaaarisen; 10-10-2009 at 08:32 AM..
Old 10-10-2009, 02:42 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by trackaghost View Post
Mick adds: "We' tried Songbird with Stevie and Lindsey but Stevie refused. She said, 'I will not touch that song - it's hers.'
Good for her!

Gail
Old 10-10-2009, 07:50 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Thumbs up

Quote:
The tension is what makes their relationship so tragic and so powerful. The dark beauty of Lindsey and Stevie comes in their inability to dedicate themselves to one side or another-- they will never be able to presently love without a deeply rooted sense of all of their past hatred and vice versa. If one considered he other a "friend", the inaccessibility and constant indecision would be gone.... and that is what really fuels the tragedy of it in my opinion.
Beautifully put.

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.
Old 10-10-2009, 09:10 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
The tension is what makes their relationship so tragic and so powerful. The dark beauty of Lindsey and Stevie comes in their inability to dedicate themselves to one side or another-- they will never be able to presently love without a deeply rooted sense of all of their past hatred and vice versa. If one considered the other a "friend", the inaccessibility and constant indecision would be gone.... and that is what really fuels the tragedy of it in my opinion.
I don't get it. A lot of people seem to like that there is continued tension between Lindsey and Stevie, but I dislike it because if they had been able to become friends years ago maybe Lindsey would have never left Fleetwood Mac.
Old 10-10-2009, 10:45 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quite frankly I believe Lindsey and Stevie are brats and bring out the bitchiness in each other. They need to be with people who can tolerate their self-centered, over-dramatic, divaesque ways without resorting to drop-kicking or consistent slapping. I think they have incredible, stuff-dreams-are-made-of chemistry, but they have a horrible way of getting along with one another. I just picture Stevie going on and on to irk him and LB stomping his feet whenever he doesn't get what he wants. It's like two (old) children. And Mick- or possibly Kristen- are the mediators.

Anyway, I love them. Stevie never shuts up and still conducts interviews that remind me of her lyrics and Lindsey (once again) reminds us of what he thinks of Sheryl Crow. I bet the best way to get him fuming angry is to hand him one of SC's albums as a gift: "Here Lindsey, thought you'd enjoy track 3."

He'd probably leave it sitting against the wall in some room.

"Reality leaves a lot to the imagination." ~ JL
Old 10-10-2009, 11:49 AM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico View Post
Lindsey (once again) reminds us of what he thinks of Sheryl Crow.

I bet the best way to get him fuming angry is to hand him one of SC's albums as a gift
The routine snow job is a falling and it's begining to look a lot like Christmas. Who doesn't want to believe in Santa Claus?
Old 10-10-2009, 11:52 AM
Senior Ledgie

I think that it is kind of dumb to blame a doctor for becoming a drug addict especially for a second time. But the doctor knew obviously that she had just gotten out of rehab, and should have simply counseled her, not pump her full of drugs...so Idk how I feel about that.

Old 10-10-2009, 12:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~GoldDustWoman~ View Post
I think that it is kind of dumb to blame a doctor for becoming a drug addict especially for a second time. But the doctor knew obviously that she had just gotten out of rehab, and should have simply counseled her, not pump her full of drugs...so Idk how I feel about that.
I think I read somewhere that she didn't even want to see a phychiatrist but a lot of people around her wanted her to...could have been family, friends, bandmates, management...or all of them. So she felt pressure to go in the first place. Also, she didn't realize that Klonopin was something that was going to numb her out so much, and that she was going to get addicted to it. She wasn't told the truth about what the drug was actually used for...she was told it would keep her relaxed and off cocaine...its actually usually described for people with panic disorder, epilepsy, and seizures. She was kept on it for years when generally it is only supposed to be used for no more than 9 weeks.

Long story short...that doctor was shady and I'd blame him too.
Old 10-10-2009, 12:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villavic View Post
All the instruments??? Keyboards? drums? Bass??
I don't believe that.
Mick did say that John's chops were way down during the making of Tango. He said something to the effect that John had been hanging in some sailor haunts in the Caribbean and when he came in to record they'd all have a fun evening but he didn't lay down his parts. Now do I think that Lindsey played all the instruments all the time? No. Selctive memeory seems to forget that Christine and Eddy Quintela's songs are on that record too. But then again so is Lindsey's eerie sped up imitation of Stevie's backing vocals on songs such as Family Man.

Last edited by gldstwmn; 10-10-2009 at 01:08 PM..
Old 10-10-2009, 01:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GypsyBlueEyes View Post
Long story short...that doctor was shady and I'd blame him too.
Did Stevie follow dosing instructions? Did she continue to drink alcohol while on the medication? Did she report to the psychiatrist ALL the drugs (& herbal & other supplements) she was taking, including drugs for asthma, even pot? Did she agree to see a psychiatrist on a regular basis for cognitive or other forms of talk therapy & drug management?

Did she insist on operating heavy machinery?

moviekinks.blogspot.com