User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-28-2009, 03:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheart View Post
Good point!! I have many SYW shows on DVD and they're almost identical, one exception being the Vegas show which was the last date in North America which Stevie and Lindsey veered quite far from the "script".
Interesting, I'll have to check out Vegas. Now, you've got me curious. I was there for Reno when the audience fought and for Madison when Lindsey did push ups. Michele
Old 09-28-2009, 07:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueFaith77 View Post
What happened at the Vegas show?

And where do people get these DVDs?
Stevie dedicated Landslide to their tour manager who was going to leave their tour and join Bette Midler's. She was acting all pretend pissed off at him and jumping up and down like a little kid (I was surprised she could jump like that but then again, she had the boks on!) She also mentioned that this was their last show in North America or something to that effect.

Lindsey dedicated one song (now I can't remember which one...pretty sure it was Peacekeeper) to two friends of his who were getting married that night in one of the Elvis chapels. So he totally ditched his standard Peackeeper intro which was a welcomed relief.

It was a really fun, high energy show. There may have been some more adlib moments towards the end but these are the ones that I remember.

I remember it all...you just had to fall...
Old 09-28-2009, 08:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Lindsey dedicated one song (now I can't remember which one...pretty sure it was Peacekeeper) to two friends of his who were getting married that night in one of the Elvis chapels. So he totally ditched his standard Peackeeper intro which was a welcomed relief.

Oh, now that you described it, I was at that show. It was the guy from Fritz who was getting married. I was just looking at my review from that night. Lindsey said that there were some old friends of his in the audience. Then, he went onto explain that long before he and Stevie came to Los Angeles and met up with the people they were meant to be with -- I thought that was a very sweet touch on his part --they were in another band.

He said, tonight the drummer from that band was in the audience. He was getting married after the show at Graceland chapel. He was going to have one of those Elvis guys perform the service. Lindsey remarked that if his friend was anything like he head been he'd been a marital hold out.

Then he dedicated the song to Bob and Melinda. Michele
Old 09-29-2009, 08:31 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Oh, now that you described it, I was at that show. It was the guy from Fritz who was getting married. I was just looking at my review from that night. Lindsey said that there were some old friends of his in the audience. Then, he went onto explain that long before he and Stevie came to Los Angeles and met up with the people they were meant to be with -- I thought that was a very sweet touch on his part --they were in another band.

He said, tonight the drummer from that band was in the audience. He was getting married after the show at Graceland chapel. He was going to have one of those Elvis guys perform the service. Lindsey remarked that if his friend was anything like he head been he'd been a marital hold out.

Then he dedicated the song to Bob and Melinda. Michele
Yup. I forgot they were from Fritz. It just struck me because Lindsey especially was being totally spontaneous and "in the moment".

I remember it all...you just had to fall...
Old 09-29-2009, 02:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Yup. I forgot they were from Fritz. It just struck me because Lindsey especially was being totally spontaneous and "in the moment".
I thought it was interesting because Lindsey suggested he'd resisted marriage for a bit.

Michele
Old 09-29-2009, 02:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I promise I'll tell you if they say something unusual in Stockholm
Hope they do!

Old 09-29-2009, 03:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default They will!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellaDonna93 View Post
I promise I'll tell you if they say something unusual in Stockholm
Hope they do!
They will ! When touring the US, they greet and thank the audience in English and nothing but English.

Every and I mean Every artist touring Europe is polite and will say something in the language of the visiting country...so we can expect: Sverge, Deutsch, Nederlands, Vlaams, Francais, Scottish, Irish, English, Danish...;-)

Besides,we probably get a speech of how thrilled they are to be back in Europe (etc. etc.)

Still 15 days of waiting....
Old 09-29-2009, 03:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Stevie dedicated Landslide to their tour manager who was going to leave their tour and join Bette Midler's. She was acting all pretend pissed off at him and jumping up and down like a little kid (I was surprised she could jump like that but then again, she had the boks on!) She also mentioned that this was their last show in North America or something to that effect.

It was a really fun, high energy show. There may have been some more adlib moments towards the end but these are the ones that I remember.
i was at this show too~ fun night~
Old 09-29-2009, 03:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SorcererJP View Post
They will ! When touring the US, they greet and thank the audience in English and nothing but English.

Every and I mean Every artist touring Europe is polite and will say something in the language of the visiting country...so we can expect: Sverge, Deutsch, Nederlands, Vlaams, Francais, Scottish, Irish, English, Danish...;-)

Besides,we probably get a speech of how thrilled they are to be back in Europe (etc. etc.)

Still 15 days of waiting....
Yay, hope they say something in swedish, lol! How would that sound?
Can't wait!!! 1 ½ week left!!!

Old 10-01-2009, 03:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm excited for the Ledgies across the ocean!
Old 10-02-2009, 01:59 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by HejiraNYC View Post
Amen to that!

To all the doomsday gloomers who say that FM is dead, well... that is your opinion. Sure, they are not prone to histrionics and big time drama anymore, but then again, they aren't snorting lines of blow and drinking bottles of cognac either. Ever heard of the term "liquid courage?" I suspect that if FM never touched booze or drugs in the 70's, they would have developed a reputation for rote, solid, sturdy performances that are still powerful, but not quite transcendent. What we have today are a bunch of perfectionists who are no longer able to hide behind the veil of chemicals in order to take bold risks on stage. Sure, I would love to see more variety and spontaneity in their sets, but look at it from their (platform) shoes- if I was a sixty-something veteran musician, would I want to put on a musically sloppy/under-rehearsed yet spontaneous performance, or would I want to showcase my musicianship and gravitas? It's a no-brainer as far as I am concerned.

Yes, there are artists like Neil Young and Bob Dylan who are as sloppy, spontaneous and as raw as ever. But that's their schtick- sloppy and spontaneous. Fleetwood Mac just doesn't do sloppy. If Bob Dylan hits a bum note- that's just Bob being Bob. If Neil Young's guitar is out of tune- that just adds oomph to his "ragged glory." But if Stevie hits a bum note or Lindsey flubs a chord, then everyone will start to question whether they have lost "it," or if they are too old to rock n roll. The day Stevie, Lindsey and FM start doing sloppy is the day Stevie walks out in jeans and a t-shirt with her hair in a ponytail.
Amen to all of this! How true.. I can't agree more! I also wanted to add that I'm SOOOO excited for all of our Ledgies who are going to see the concerts! You guys are going to have a BLAST!!! I hope you all have fun, and I can't wait to hear your reviews and see pictures!!
xoxo

There is magic all around you everytime you walk in the room.....
Old 10-03-2009, 02:07 AM
Ledgie

I´m gonna see them in Stockholm next Saturday and I´m getting really excited now! Does anyone have a clue what hotel they´re staying at? I know a lot of big bands are staying at The Grand Hotel but I haven´t heard anything about The Mac yet.
I was also wondering if anyone has managed to meet them (when I say "them" I mean John of course!) outside the hotel or somewhere else on this tour? And if you did, did you get any pics?
Old 10-03-2009, 08:05 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsMcVie View Post
I´m gonna see them in Stockholm next Saturday and I´m getting really excited now! Does anyone have a clue what hotel they´re staying at? I know a lot of big bands are staying at The Grand Hotel but I haven´t heard anything about The Mac yet.
I was also wondering if anyone has managed to meet them (when I say "them" I mean John of course!) outside the hotel or somewhere else on this tour? And if you did, did you get any pics?
Hope they stay at the same hotel as me, hahahahaha!!! Joking

Old 10-03-2009, 09:58 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Don't know about you all, but I now all of a sudden am getting really pumped up for FM round two!!!! Just knowing that they're headed back out on the road for some more is pretty exciting! I hope they give it everything they've got and that we are able to get some really impressive audio from these European shows!!!

And maybe.... just maybe.... they will play something slightly different.
Old 10-03-2009, 11:09 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musicman408 View Post
Don't know about you all, but I now all of a sudden am getting really pumped up for FM round two!!!! Just knowing that they're headed back out on the road for some more is pretty exciting! I hope they give it everything they've got and that we are able to get some really impressive audio from these European shows!!!

And maybe.... just maybe.... they will play something slightly different.
I feel the same.
But I wonder about the something different. I am sort of doubting it while hoping for it all the same, I hope they at least change their stage patter.