User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-16-2009, 06:58 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jannieC View Post
Yep, I totally agree. I made it to front row (kind of) on the Gold Dust tour (after 20+ years of attendance). There was a woman standing in front of me who did nothing but take pictures and talk with her friend on her phone. The whole time. It was SO distracting to me, and I thought it was disrespectful to the band. What really pissed me off though, is that my friend and I were standing at the stage when this woman had us moved back by security so she could be at the stage (she had 2 row tickets and we had 3rd). All so she could take her crappy pics. I often wondered if she was a Ledgie.

i wouldnt wanna be THAT ledgie here reading this
i think if there's something specific u want to capture, u should go for it
but i think enjoying the show is more important
-having pics as memories is good too tho-

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
But if I'd recognized or even known the title of the song Chris was playing . . .

Ah, the things that go OMH. Michele

they have a song

CHRISTINE.......COMETH BACK

Old 03-16-2009, 12:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
Yep!

Every kid who ever took piano lessons knew how to play the Skaters' Waltz. It's in all the old method books, like Thompson & Schaum.
I took piano lessons for 7 years and I know nothing. I had one red book with classical pieces in it and I had one with "popular songs" like By the Time I Get to Phoenix and Something Stupid and such when I started off.

Michele
Old 03-16-2009, 08:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Yep!

Every kid who ever took piano lessons knew how to play the Skaters' Waltz. It's in all the old method books, like Thompson & Schaum.

Complete with The Blue Danube in the pages before or after it. I teach this song to at least 3 students every year!

Even If
I Never
Hold You..
Again..
Old 03-17-2009, 04:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

The first 12 photos are of Fleetwood Mac at the Nassau Colliseum

http://southflorida.sun-sentinel.com...2.photogallery
Old 03-17-2009, 05:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
The first 12 photos are of Fleetwood Mac at the Nassau Colliseum

http://southflorida.sun-sentinel.com...2.photogallery
I found perfect new footwear & stagewear for Stevie. Shown in Photos 13 & 14.

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 03-17-2009, 05:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I found perfect new footwear & stagewear for Stevie. Shown in Photos 13 & 14.
Are you saying the #15 outfit wouldn't work for Storms? I think it is perfect, for someone who has never been a calm, blue sea.

Michele
Old 03-17-2009, 05:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

ROFLOL - that's too funny.
Old 03-18-2009, 07:34 AM
Senior Ledgie

Default Does anyone have a bootleg of this concert....I will pay money for it.

Hopefully someone recored the whole thing. I will pay money for it.
Let me know
Thank you
Old 03-18-2009, 08:28 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by darla View Post
Hopefully someone recored the whole thing. I will pay money for it.
Let me know
Thank you
ditto
i covet the DVD from this show and the Mohegan sun show
but i will be easily pleased with just the audio

David, Michele: yes yes yes to all 3 pics #15 would cause mass hysteria among the SOTBs tho...lol
Old 03-19-2009, 12:33 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CADreaming View Post
Here's a video of it:

Skating Clip
awwww! thats really cute!

Old 03-19-2009, 06:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

[Oh, pshaw. I saw John make quite memorable eye contact with Stevie twice, once at the beginning of the show and once for a prolonged moment during GDW. They were playing with each other. Plus, since his back was to me, I don't know, but I'm sure he and Mick looked at each other plenty]

Long Island Examiner http://www.examiner.com/x-2022-Long-...-March-13-2009

Fleetwood Mac Lights Up Nassau Coliseum on Long Island for
March 14, 7:55 PM

Four of the five original members of Fleetwood Mac lit up Long Island's Nassau Coliseum on March 13, 2009 during their one-night show in Hempstead. Embarking on their first concert tour in five years, the group chose to call the tour "Unleashed", which was a perfect description for the crisp, focused vocals and solid musicianship displayed on the stage. Without having to support a new album, the group was able to play all of the crowd's favorite hits and show off each member's unique personality.

Stepping to the front of the stage where they produced highlight vocals and sincere duets were former-couple Stevie Nicks and Lindsey Buckingham. Long parted, the two produced many fine memborable moments during the evening. Toward the end of the sweetly-sung "Sara", Nicks walked toward Buckingham on stage and let him lay his head on her shoulder as he smiled at the audience. During many of their songs, they earnestly looked toward at each other, giving the audience an up-close view into the dynamics of this duo. Before she sang "Landslide", Nicks told the crowd that she was switching from dedicating the song to her father to dedicating to Alicia Keys, "one of the most talented artists out there." On "Tusk", Buckingham started slow and quietly by singing, "Why don't you tell me who was on the phone; Why don't you tell me what's going on," then put all of his emotions into the song's refrain with wrenching animal cries that fit into Fleetwood's drum beat.

Throughout the show, Mick Fleetwood kept the band cooking with fine drumming while the audience was kept amused with his bug-eyed expressions or teasing facial tics. During one of the final songs, World Turning, Fleetwood was given a drum solo to display why he is still considered one of the leading drummers in the world. Fittingly, as the founding member of the group, it was Fleetwood who introduced everyone on stage, even "Stephanie" Nicks, better known to all of us as Stevie. He called John McVie his partner in crime and joked about how they've been playing together for 40 years.

John McVie was the more reticent member of the group. Even with a spotlight showing on him all night long, he remained toward the back of the stage, playing bass, but never making eye contact with the crowd or any of his band mates.

Missing from the group was Christine McVie, who has retired from the stage. Her vocals were replaced in the song she wrote "Say You Love Me" by a solid duet between Nicks and Buckingham. These two, plus Mick Fleetwood, carried the night with strong voices, incredible guitar and drum work, and an unabashed love for the audience, which was sent right back to the legendary group. The evening ended on a high note with the upbeat "Don't Stop Thinking About Tomorrow" anthem giving everyone a positive lift to a very positive show.
Old 11-12-2013, 02:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

The Examiner November 11, 2013 by Paul Wolfle

http://www.examiner.com/article/flee...iseum-favorite

“Mick Fleetwood kept the band cooking with fine drumming…He called John McVie his partner in crime and joked about how they've been playing together for 40 years.” – Examiner.com

Fleetwood Mac has provided some memorable shows for Coliseum audiences over the years. Typically, standing off to the side – and sometimes, even in the shadows – has been the Mac’s bass player extraordinaire, John McVie. Here are a couple of Fleetwood Mac flashbacks from the Nassau Coliseum, featuring John McVie.

Behind the changing personnel

Since the British group formed in 1967, Fleetwood Mac has gone through a number of personnel changes over the years. Everyone from guitar greats Peter Green and Bob Welch to Dave Mason and Jeremy Spencer have passed through the Fleetwood Mac ranks at one time or another.

But the “Fleetwood” part of the super group’s name, derived from Mick Fleetwood and the “Mac,” as in John McVie, are still there. So are Stevie Nicks and Lindsey Buckingham. Then there is Christine McVie, John’s ex-wife, who recently joined up again after a lengthy absence, to play keyboards.

How about those Nassau Coliseum shows

On Mar. 13, 2009, Fleetwood Mac played to a packed house at the Coliseum. While the rest of the crew rocked out in Uniondale, McVie remained the strong and silent type.

According to an Examiner.com article by Debra Toth, published Mar. 14, 2009, "Fleetwood Mac lights up Nassau Coliseum on Long Island," accessed on the fleetwoodmacnews.com blog spot, “John McVie was the more reticent member of the group. Even with a spotlight showing on him all night long, he remained toward the back of the stage, playing bass, but never making eye contact…”

McVie has always been the consummate professional. In a review of Fleetwood Mac’s Sept. 23, 1997 Coliseum appearance, on fleetwoodmac.net, John Olszewski wrote “John is a wonderful bass player. He always seems to be doing the right thing at the right time …”

Regrettably, like Linda Ronstadt, recent headlines have revealed John McVie’s struggle with health issues. Fleetwood Mac has cancelled an upcoming tour. Nevertheless, McVie and Fleetwood Mac will always be Coliseum favorites.