User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 08-26-2018, 07:06 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
But the way they(those fans) lap that sh*t up makes me want to vomit! On the fans who lap, AND Stevie and Lindsey as well! Stop acting like IDIOTS!

BUT I find comments like this is even funnier! How quickly we go from “those stupid fans” lapping up the chemistry between Stevie and Lindsey, to “this band can only exist now with the magical chemistry of the rumours 5

He Will Burn You Down
Old 08-26-2018, 07:59 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
BUT I find comments like this is even funnier! How quickly we go from “those stupid fans” lapping up the chemistry between Stevie and Lindsey, to “this band can only exist now with the magical chemistry of the rumours 5
Exactly! At least now we "stupid fans" are rid of "that ****." THERE HAS BEEN NO MAGICAL CHEMISTRY OF THE RUMOURS 5 FOR AT LEAST 20 YEARS. It's over, finally.
Old 08-26-2018, 08:17 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitzo View Post
Exactly! At least now we "stupid fans" are rid of "that ****." THERE HAS BEEN NO MAGICAL CHEMISTRY OF THE RUMOURS 5 FOR AT LEAST 20 YEARS. It's over, finally.
But people sure like(d) to pretend that it wasn't over.

At least many are now $eeing $tevie in her true light.
Old 08-26-2018, 06:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
Musical chemistry & romantic chemistry aren’t the same thing. I don’t give a fig about the whole shipper thing... but I still hugely appreciate the sound of the different voices & contrasting musical styles blending together. That’s what it’s always been about for me.
Old 08-26-2018, 06:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
Musical chemistry & romantic chemistry aren’t the same thing. I don’t give a fig about the whole shipper thing... but I still hugely appreciate the sound of the different voices & contrasting musical styles blending together. That’s what it’s always been about for me.
YES THIS!!! Thank you
Old 08-26-2018, 07:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I agree. I watched this last week and thought A-ha! You've been trapped Stevie. Stuttering because she didn't know what to say, knowing that Lindsey was going to be fired soon.

I have changed, but you remain ageless
Old 08-26-2018, 08:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepless child View Post
I agree. I watched this last week and thought A-ha! You've been trapped Stevie. Stuttering because she didn't know what to say, knowing that Lindsey was going to be fired soon.
Bingo.

bombaysaffires, thanks for bumping this because I'd wanted to include it in the Record thread but forgot.
Old 08-26-2018, 08:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
Exactly! I couldn't give a flying **** about the Stevie and Lindsey romantic charade. It's about the music to me. I think most of us have known it's been "over" between those two for a LONG time, with the exception of maybe Stevie, in her fairy tale mindset. Yes, I'm sure there is still a connection there with all they've been through. But surely Lindsey doesn't look at Stevie the same way he used to. The man is married and in love with a beautiful woman with three kids! He'd have to be nuts!!
Old 08-26-2018, 09:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwd View Post
Exactly! I couldn't give a flying **** about the Stevie and Lindsey romantic charade. It's about the music to me. I think most of us have known it's been "over" between those two for a LONG time, with the exception of maybe Stevie, in her fairy tale mindset. Yes, I'm sure there is still a connection there with all they've been through. But surely Lindsey doesn't look at Stevie the same way he used to. The man is married and in love with a beautiful woman with three kids! He'd have to be nuts!!
But the music has been just an oldies road show for the past fifteen years or more. Why give a **** about that? There is no chemistry or even legacy left. Lindsey's firing at least gave us change. And yes, hope.
Old 08-26-2018, 09:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
But the music has been just an oldies road show for the past fifteen years or more. Why give a **** about that? There is no chemistry or even legacy left. Lindsey's firing at least gave us change. And yes, hope.
That is YOUR opinion. Not everyone’s.
Old 08-26-2018, 09:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I'm really puzzled as to why you're placing the blame on Lindsey for the oldies road show. He was the one who wanted to keep FM a creative and viable group, not your precious Stevie Nicks. Maybe Stevie could've left the band and FM wouldn't have been an oldies road show. Stevie didn't want to work with Lindsey, it wasn't the other way around. I think you've been highly unfair to Mr. Buckingham, based soley on your assumption that he's done something so totally out of line to her to cause his dismissal. Where is your proof? Do you not understand the dynamics of this band and the characteristics of all of them? You know Mick and Stevie had an affair whilst they were still in the band together? And Mick just so happened to be married at the time? What makes you think Lindsey is the evil perpetrator here? How do you feel about a man who cheats on his wife and a woman who repeatedly has affairs with married men? What does that say about their characters?
Old 08-27-2018, 03:29 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwd View Post
I'm really puzzled as to why you're placing the blame on Lindsey for the oldies road show. He was the one who wanted to keep FM a creative and viable group, not your precious Stevie Nicks. Maybe Stevie could've left the band and FM wouldn't have been an oldies road show. Stevie didn't want to work with Lindsey, it wasn't the other way around. I think you've been highly unfair to Mr. Buckingham, based soley on your assumption that he's done something so totally out of line to her to cause his dismissal. Where is your proof? Do you not understand the dynamics of this band and the characteristics of all of them? You know Mick and Stevie had an affair whilst they were still in the band together? And Mick just so happened to be married at the time? What makes you think Lindsey is the evil perpetrator here? How do you feel about a man who cheats on his wife and a woman who repeatedly has affairs with married men? What does that say about their characters?
Agreed! The pontificating by Mitzo and his ilk in regards to character assassinations is laughable. Either be consistent or quit the accusations. At least we know M$ Nick$ slept around with married men, she loves to bang on about it, it's apart of her oh so glamorous rock and roll life.

Last edited by justcrazylove; 08-27-2018 at 04:45 AM..
Old 08-27-2018, 05:46 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by justcrazylove View Post
Agreed! The pontificating by Mitzo and his ilk in regards to character assassinations is laughable. Either be consistent or quit the accusations. At least we know M$ Nick$ slept around with married men, she loves to bang on about it, it's apart of her oh so glamorous rock and roll life.
She slept around years ago so therefore she fired Lindsey at the age of 70?!
You guys hate her. I get that. But it starts to sound like Trump Delusion Syndrome after a while, she is the personification of pure evil.
Old 08-27-2018, 07:20 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
You guys hate her. I get that. But it starts to sound like Trump Delusion Syndrome after a while, she is the personification of pure evil.
You sound the same with your comments regarding Lindsey and Kristin.
Old 08-27-2018, 08:15 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Like your side's argument that because Lindsey had some violent/verbally abusive tendencies between 1970whenever and 1987, he MUST have done something unspeakable to have been canned it just couldn't have been the rumored ultimatum of an insecure egomaniac who's worst traits have strengthened rather than softened with age, backed by a greedy financial idiot afraid of his cash cow flying out the window.

That doesn't sound like the personification of pure evil- it sounds like a very plausible scenario put into motion by two people who have questionable character & self absorbed motives.