Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-03-2020, 05:32 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
People who own every deluxe version and every bootleg of FM recordings are outliers. I don't want to hear the standard versions of FM songs or any other artists songs that I've already heard a million times. I would rather hear alternate or live versions.

The last time this station was on, Christine said that she like Don Henley's "Boys of Summer". That caught me by surprise. With the exception of Joe Walsh, I've always thought of the Eagles as a one song band. After Christine's comment, I familiarized myself with Don Henley's recordings. I found out that Jackson Browne, Bonnie Raitt, et al., did a version or "The End of the Innocence" which I absolutely love. I still think of the Eagles as a one song band.

When I was in High School, in the 70's, I could listen to a local FM station, for hours every night, without recognizing one single song. With Sirius' resources, it should be possible to avoid playing the standard versions of FM songs and especially other artists songs. I love the Rolling Stones, but I could easily go the rest of my life without hearing "I Can't Get No Satisfaciton" again.
I am no huge fan of this channel. However the channel is more for the casual fan. Unfortunately that is the way that it is just like Fleetwood Mac's set list in concert.
Its not for us.
I did get a kick out of hearing Station Man on the actual radio. That was cool.
Old 05-03-2020, 06:45 PM

I'm really enjoying it. They are playing demos/outtakes from the Deluxe albums. Interviews and snippets are great. Christine is just adorable as DJ. Loved hearing Stevie talk about the Tango songs she loved. None of which were hers. She loved the percussion all throughout the Tango album. There was a Rumours special which was fun to listen to.

The station will be gone and I will miss it. I've heard many many pre B/N tunes and Time/BTM as well. They played Christine Perfect tunes. It's really doing a great job in my opinion.
Old 05-03-2020, 06:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
The station will be gone and I will miss it. I've heard many many pre B/N tunes and Time/BTM as well. They played Christine Perfect tunes. It's really doing a great job in my opinion.
you are easy to please my friend!

i hated it the first time (so many lost opportunities to showcase the full band history, instead of playing unrelated contemporaries, to say nothing about the obvious spite towards Lindsey and not playing his solo songs throughout the run, while playing even Mick and John "solo" songs).

i would never torture myself with this second milking of it. it make Fleetwood Mac look bad, with long history but thin output (which is not true for versions other than the classic 5).

as i told a friend on twitter - i'm a fleetwood mac fan when we talk about their whole opus (which is definitely not nearly appropriately showcased here) while for the most popular classic 5 version, i'm just a fan of Lindsey and even more Lindsey solo. which again - not showcased at all.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 05-03-2020, 07:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
you are easy to please my friend!

i hated it the first time (so many lost opportunities to showcase the full band history, instead of playing unrelated contemporaries, to say nothing about the obvious spite towards Lindsey and not playing his solo songs throughout the run, while playing even Mick and John "solo" songs).

i would never torture myself with this second milking of it. it make Fleetwood Mac look bad, with long history but thin output (which is not true for versions other than the classic 5).

as i told a friend on twitter - i'm a fleetwood mac fan when we talk about their whole opus (which is definitely not nearly appropriately showcased here) while for the most popular classic 5 version, i'm just a fan of Lindsey and even more Lindsey solo. which again - not showcased at all.
"Lindsey WHO?" - $tevie and Dick
Old 05-04-2020, 05:08 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I'm really enjoying it. They are playing demos/outtakes from the Deluxe albums. Interviews and snippets are great. Christine is just adorable as DJ. Loved hearing Stevie talk about the Tango songs she loved. None of which were hers. She loved the percussion all throughout the Tango album. There was a Rumours special which was fun to listen to.

Yep those are old interviews from years ago with the first channel. I remember that Stevie interview about the percussion on Tango.

Has anyone heard any Lindsey songs? Or has he been whitewashed again?
Old 05-04-2020, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
Yep those are old interviews from years ago with the first channel. I remember that Stevie interview about the percussion on Tango.

Has anyone heard any Lindsey songs? Or has he been whitewashed again?
They have snippets of Buck talking about certain songs. I heard him introduce YMLF and how he and Christine built the different sections. Blues vs. non Blues. I'm almost 100% sure that was pulled from the Rumours' special they are airing.

In the promotional voices of Sirius they say, "Mick Fleetwood, Christine McVie, Lindsey Buckingham and Stevie Nicks talk about the history of Fleetwood Mac." (paraphrasing)

Today I heard Big Love, NGBA (brushes), WTWCT, SHN, Monday Morning, Tusk (about 3 different versions) Cant Go Back, Murrow...So no, I don't think they are whitewashing it. And I'd be the first to jump on that. I do however miss his solo material. I think Holiday Road was the only song I've heard solo wise.

I have heard 2 solo tracks from Stevie (Love is a Dangerous Game/Stand Back) and 1 McVie (Got a Hold On Me) and 2 Perfect tunes. (No Road is the Right Road and I'd Rather Go Blind) Nothing from Mick's solo albums.

What I do love is that I'm hearing are songs from BTM, Time; also, tons of pre B/N. I loved hearing today cuts from MTM, Bare Trees, Future Games, Heroes!! They played Come a Little Bit Closer and it really felt good to listen to that song again. I am one of those people that love Fleetwood Mac just as much pre B/N as post B/N.

So Yes Elle, maybe I'm easy to please. I love a full day of Fleetwood Mac. I love hearing Lindsey talk about songs. (Yes I know the material is from older interviews.). I love Stevie's takes on Lindsey's songs on Tango. I loved Christine being a DJ and making me laugh because of the way she talks. I loved Mick talk about Dave Walker and how they were gonna have him do the whole album as lead singer then scrapped that idea and made it a band album w/ Welch and McVie. Unfortunately, he played The Derelict. That might be my least favorite song of FM.

I was so angry and bruised from LB's firing that I don't really remember listening in 2018. Let the stoning begin!! I can't take it!

Last edited by jbrownsjr; 05-04-2020 at 10:01 PM..
Old 05-05-2020, 05:14 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Wow, maybe Mick is not that much involved with this channel and are letting the people at Sirius run it they way that they want.

Sounds wonderful if they played Come A Little Bit closer
Old 05-05-2020, 08:34 AM

Quote:
Wow, maybe Mick is not that much involved with this channel and are letting the people at Sirius run it they way that they want.

Sounds wonderful if they played Come A Little Bit closer
I heard She's Changing Me, Hi-Ho Silver, Remember Me, and Prove your Love. All on my way to work this morning.

Last edited by jbrownsjr; 05-05-2020 at 08:46 AM..
Old 05-05-2020, 10:06 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I heard She's Changing Me, Hi-Ho Silver, Remember Me, and Prove your Love. All on my way to work this morning.
Oh wow, I wonder who is programming the channel

Clearly not anyone from the band LOL

LMAO
Old 05-05-2020, 11:49 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Oh wow, I wonder who is programming the channel

Clearly not anyone from the band LOL

LMAO
I think we know how that would go...

The Chain...Dreams...Everywhere...Rhiannon...Say You Love Me...Landslide...Don't Dream It's Over...I Need to Know...Free Fallin'...Gold Dust Woman...You Make Loving Fun...Go Your Own Way (Live 2019)....Drum Solo (Melody made up of performances from 1987-90)...These Strange Times
Old 05-05-2020, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmn3 View Post

The Chain...Dreams...Everywhere...Rhiannon...Say You Love Me...Landslide...Don't Dream It's Over...I Need to Know...Free Fallin'...Gold Dust Woman...You Make Loving Fun...Go Your Own Way (Live 2019)....Drum Solo (Melody made up of performances from 1987-90)...These Strange Times
Oh god, I just became ill. I guess I'm not that easy after all.
Old 05-07-2020, 12:02 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
I find in extremely annoying when Sirius mixes in songs from other artists on the Fleetwood Mac channel.

Sure, I love Bo Diddley and the Rolling Stones, but I don't want to listen to them on this channel.
Agreed.It is one thing when the artist has a smaller catalog and you need to flesh it out, but with Fleetwood Mac when you have all of these members, you don’t need anyone else.
Old 05-07-2020, 07:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Agreed.It is one thing when the artist has a smaller catalog and you need to flesh it out, but with Fleetwood Mac when you have all of these members, you don’t need anyone else.
Plus, they have Mick and Christine acting as DJ's playing their favorites. Which gives us an idea of who they listened to.
Old 05-07-2020, 10:49 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmn3 View Post

Yes and did you know they were all breaking up in their relationships when recording Rumours? Go Your Own Way is about Stevie and Dreams is about Lindsey. ITS TRUE!!

Seriously. It sounds like they are still recycling the same interviews from years ago. But the difference is Lindsey's Mac tunes are being played. That tells me that Mick has nothing to do with the channel and just gave permission for it to happen. Someone with a brain in programming the channel and not being personal and petty. None of them have interest in the channel so they re-air the same old clips.
Old 05-07-2020, 10:55 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Yes and did you know they were all breaking up in their relationships when recording Rumours? Go Your Own Way is about Stevie and Dreams is about Lindsey. ITS TRUE!!

Seriously. It sounds like they are still recycling the same interviews from years ago. But the difference is Lindsey's Mac tunes are being played. That tells me that Mick has nothing to do with the channel and just gave permission for it to happen. Someone with a brain in programming the channel and not being personal and petty. None of them have interest in the channel so they re-air the same old clips.
OMG what a revelation!!

Seriously they got a narrative about their 1975-80 era nailed down around The Dance (probably before that really, but the modern era narrative really hit full force then) and have driven it into the bedrock repeatedly since then. Recording the albums were soooooo hard because of the breakups. I couldn't just close the doooorrrrr on the relationship we had to seeee each other daily!! I had to sing his/her sonnnnggggs!!

I don't know what interesting things they could come up with at this point but their narratives are stale and tired.