Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Lindsey Buckingham
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-13-2003, 12:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default potential SPOILER

"lrarnott" on Mick's message board claims to have the lyrics to Lindsey's "Peacekeeper." If you don't want to know, don't click.

http://www.mickfleetwood.com/cgi-bin...num=1042441271
Old 01-13-2003, 01:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default LOL

Hi Les,

"lrarnott" is Luke Arnott, and they're the real lyrics.

It's a great song. I'm glad it's finally going to be leaked. I really abhor all the GOS demos, I can't stand them, to be quite frank. "Peacekeeper" (and all of "Big Yellow Taxi") has been one of the few things keeping me optimistic about the album material.

Great song- great lyrics. Lindsey's not a very evocative songwriter, but "Peacekeeper" is an incredibly evocative, well-written song. I'm not excited, however, for all of the "Well, Peacekeeper was written long before September 11th, but it's really taken new meaning" sound bites I'm sure will be everywhere in May.

-Hayley
Old 01-13-2003, 01:34 PM

Does anyone know if this is a slow number or a a rocker?

I was getting a little concerned about "sons" exploding, but then I realized it was a typo. What a relief! I see Lindsey using some really violent images in some of his most recent songs, including "Miranda" and "Murrow."

I can't wait to hear "Peacekeeper." And by the way I vote for that as the title of the album. I hope it's one ot those starts-quiet explosive songs so typical of Lindsey.

By the way, Hailey, if you didn't like the GOS demos, I'm sorry to say you won't like about half of the new Fleetwood Mac album.
Old 01-13-2003, 02:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

It's mid-tempo, with the chorus rocking a bit harder than the rest.

I tried to listen to the GOS demos when they first started leaking, slowly. I simply don't like them- they're unfinished and messy. I don't worship Lindsey enough that I can hold unfinished and indulgent demos (that were never meant to see the light of day) as great material to listen to. The songs have promise, and I'm sure they'll be great on the album- but I can't listen to them in demo form, even when I try.

That's laughable that if I don't like the demos I won't like the record- they may be the same songs, but I can guarantee they'll be entirely different, which is what I'm waiting to hear.

Apparently the version of "Peacekeeper" that's going to be used for the album is completely different from the "Peacekeeper" on the ACLU sampler and on the (different) sampler we received it on long ago. I love the song as it is.

-HaYley
Old 01-13-2003, 03:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Great news- Peacekeeper is not Murrow and so it's at least one new LB song on the upcoming album! So hopefully there are other new ones to be expected...?
I really don`t know where you all get your infos from, but so this is a great news board...
The GOS songs... I don't know if I would call the material unfinished. Raw material is something different. Most of the material is pretty much done in my opinion. There are a few fragments, like Wear you down of course or Given thing, that didn`t make it on my GOS version as these ones are no real songs and also in minor sound quality from the net (56 instead of 128 or 164) So I have 16 finished songs which made me happy. But it was not your kind of music and you probably like the SN songs and style more as I suppose.
Old 01-13-2003, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by hayley
I tried to listen to the GOS demos when they first started leaking, slowly. I simply don't like them- they're unfinished and messy. I don't worship Lindsey enough that I can hold unfinished and indulgent demos (that were never meant to see the light of day) as great material to listen to. The songs have promise, and I'm sure they'll be great on the album- but I can't listen to them in demo form, even when I try.
-HaYley
Unfinished? Yes. But I would hardly call "Say Goodbye," "Gotta Get Away," "Murrow," and a host of others demos.
Old 01-13-2003, 05:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Hi Hayley, I kind of figured it had to be Luke with that screen name, but I didn't want to presume.

I rather like that the lyrics are crafted so that they can be seen as all kinds of statements - political, environmental, social, personal.
Old 01-13-2003, 06:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default LOL

Quote:
It's a great song. I'm glad it's finally going to be leaked.
Why is that, exactly? Is it because you want all the fans to have the opportunity to hear something you yourself refused to leak for 15 months? Or maybe it's because you're getting tired of "casually" reminding the ledgies that you have the tune (the implication being, of course, that they don't)? Perhaps you're glad that "Peacekeeper" was finally auctioned on eBay because you or someone you know pocketed the pesos?

Help us out here ... why so glad?
Old 01-13-2003, 09:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Now now David, let us welcome the prodigal son with open arms and a kind heart!

(..who knows what other lyrics he may be hiding! lol)
Old 01-14-2003, 09:56 AM

I agree with David. We're all fans. A lot of people here have been generous enough to share music that some of us would never have been able to get our hands on. Why come here to gloat or wink about something that you will refuse to make available to the rest of us? It's rather perverse and it's "un-fan-like."

And by the way, so what if he said he wouldn't post here again? God knows, I've sworn several times that I wouldn't bother to post anymore, considering the misguided nonsense that goes on around here way too often.
Old 01-14-2003, 12:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Re: Re: LOL

Quote:
There's a reason these songs haven't leaked. Luke respects the person who's been kind enough to send them our way too much to risk the songs getting out and being traced back to them. It's about a person, or several persons, jobs. [snip] But there's a balance you have to walk between having the fan in you want to make other fans happy, and being loyal to people who deserve it. I have nothing to do with the ACLU cd on eBay. Luke received the song from a copy of an in-house sampler, we were both surprised that it was on this ACLU cd
Fair enough. Of course, now that you know the song is on a CD that was distributed to hundreds of people at some sort of industry function two years ago, you could easily "leak" the song to the fans (thus making them happy, as you put it) without having to worry at all about any leak being traced back to you.

Your move.
Old 01-14-2003, 01:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Yes, my thoughts exactly David. There were 500 copies of this song officially released. If the song was to "mysteriously" appear on the net, it could have been placed there by ANY one (or more) of those 500 people who received the CD. How could it possibly be traced back to one specific person??

Anyway, even if some unknown person was to place the song on the net (or put it into circulation amongst the fans), it wouldn't even technically be "leaking" would it? "Leaking" is a term used when the song has not been officially released - this is not the case here. This is an official, albeit rare, CD.