User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-18-2011, 08:21 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
I have several friends that love it, and I've been forced to watch it....and while I don't actually mind the story lines of the show, I don't care for most of the music. But, I'm a guy who generally detests musicals, so take that with a grain of salt....

I like the bitchy coach, whatever her name is....
Now Homer - we need to talk about this. I do like a good musical but unfortunately when you say that you're thought of as liking such terrible ones as Seven Brides For Seven Brothers, Oaklahoma, Carousel etc... blleuuurchh!

Gimme Singin' In The Rain, Cabaret, Moulin Rouge, Calamity Jane, Love Me Or Leave Me, Cry Baby, Rocky Horror, A Star Is Born (1954) and Chicago (the show is great but, other than when Catherine Zeta Jones is on screen, the film is poor).

You just need to be a bit more discerning!
Old 03-18-2011, 08:53 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PenguinHead View Post
That's because alot of Americans are stupid...and annoying!
Yes...and the proof........Glee is a hit

Mick

-Tom Waits
Old 03-18-2011, 10:21 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodfather View Post
Now Homer - we need to talk about this. I do like a good musical but unfortunately when you say that you're thought of as liking such terrible ones as Seven Brides For Seven Brothers, Oaklahoma, Carousel etc... blleuuurchh!

Gimme Singin' In The Rain, Cabaret, Moulin Rouge, Calamity Jane, Love Me Or Leave Me, Cry Baby, Rocky Horror, A Star Is Born (1954) and Chicago (the show is great but, other than when Catherine Zeta Jones is on screen, the film is poor).

Or Wicked, or Avenue Q!
I'm not the man you think I am. My love has never lived indoors - I had to drag it home by four, hired hounds at both my wrists, damp and bruised by strangers' kisses on my lips. But you're the one that I still miss. Neko Case
Old 03-18-2011, 10:40 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Jesus Christ Superstar....any Sondheim show.

Mick

-Tom Waits
Old 03-18-2011, 11:17 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Ah but Oklahoma with Hugh Jackman was stupendous!
Old 03-18-2011, 12:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

I just don't care for musicals. In high school, I played in the orchestra, for quite a few, and just never really enjoyed them. Just not my thing...
Ooooooklahoma, where the wind(oh, just STFU!!!!).
Old 03-18-2011, 02:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I don't watch Glee, but I guess I might need to just to understand what's going on when the Rumours episode airs next season.
Old 03-18-2011, 02:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I watch Glee. Come on--Jane Lynch?

I might have stopped watching it this year but the gay storyline is good and responsible. That means a lot to me.

A week or so ago, two cheerleaders and Gwyneth Paltrow's guest character played and sang "Landslide" in a moment of sapphic love. Later, Paltrow's character (a sex ed counselor) said she loved "getting her Stevie Nicks on."

If they do a whole Rumours show I'm wondering who will get to sing what? I can see the leads singing "Go Your Own Way" and "Dreams" but who will sing "Oh Daddy"? Who will take on "Gold Dust Woman"?
Old 03-19-2011, 02:11 PM
Ledgie

Default Really??

Quote:
Originally Posted by tilthefirefades View Post
The very last thing I want is to see ignorant kids putting their Katy Perry and Justin Bieber on pause to attempt to listen to Rumours. I think what bothers me most is Songbird, it shouldn't even be touched by Glee. My life is going to suck when I'm surrounded by people that don't even know them saying "OMG I love Stevie, Lindsay, and Kristen! Oh wait, which ones a guy? Oh their the ones that covered Landslide, rite?" >.<"
Why wouldn't you want today's youth to know about the great music of FM? I would love to see them pause the Biebs or K Perry to listen to our favorite band. I don't know what has caused FM /Stevie fans to become so elitist that they don't want a new generation to learn to appreciate them!? This is great news and great publicity for FM despite the mispelling of Rumours or the possibility that someone from the cast may or may not butcher a song! Stevie herself loves Glee for what it has done to help the music industry and how it has inspired many teens to get into and appreciate music again. Hell look what it did for Landslide!? Whether or not you liked the Paltrow version, it was great for Stevie and she loved it. If you don't like the show, don't watch it. But be happy for our band who obviously wanted this to happen. Any exposure for FM is good. Not sure why everyone is deeming this the end of the world. Get over yourselves.
Old 03-19-2011, 02:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

True this is good publicity for Fleetwood Mac, but if the songs are performed badly, then the quality of the original songs themselves wouldn't get across to the viewers who aren't aware of Fleetwood Mac.

Kinda like on American Idol if somebody screws up a song, it won't exactly send people to Itunes/youtube to download/listen to the original.
Old 03-19-2011, 02:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacShadowsBall View Post
True this is good publicity for Fleetwood Mac, but if the songs are performed badly, then the quality of the original songs themselves wouldn't get across to the viewers who aren't aware of Fleetwood Mac.

Kinda like on American Idol if somebody screws up a song, it won't exactly send people to Itunes/youtube to download/listen to the original.
Then we should be hoping that they do a good job!

But really, the hardcore Glee fans think most things they cover are amazing anyway.. so even if to US it sounds like crap, they'll probably still think it's good and want to hear the original.
Old 03-19-2011, 02:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fever Dance View Post
Why wouldn't you want today's youth to know about the great music of FM? I would love to see them pause the Biebs or K Perry to listen to our favorite band. I don't know what has caused FM /Stevie fans to become so elitist that they don't want a new generation to learn to appreciate them!? This is great news and great publicity for FM despite the mispelling of Rumours or the possibility that someone from the cast may or may not butcher a song! Stevie herself loves Glee for what it has done to help the music industry and how it has inspired many teens to get into and appreciate music again. Hell look what it did for Landslide!? Whether or not you liked the Paltrow version, it was great for Stevie and she loved it. If you don't like the show, don't watch it. But be happy for our band who obviously wanted this to happen. Any exposure for FM is good. Not sure why everyone is deeming this the end of the world. Get over yourselves.
Gaining the attention of a new generation is one thing, but selling out and using Tumours to a sickening extent (Yes, I now agree with Homer ) is another. This band has so much to offer, yet never does. Yes, I saw what it did for Landslide, now even more people think the Dixie Chicks sang it originally. I'm sorry I offended you with my overwhelming self-righteousness, and if you'll excuse me I'm going to go bless the world with my presence and poop roses and miracles
Old 03-19-2011, 03:03 PM
Supporting Ledgie

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by senseformiles View Post
A friend just sent me this article. Looks like Glee will do an entire Rumours episode next season! Is this real life?!!

http://nymag.com/daily/entertainment...s_will_ge.html
How awesome! One more great round of songs for the show to butcher!
Old 03-19-2011, 03:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
I watch Glee. Come on--Jane Lynch?

I might have stopped watching it this year but the gay storyline is good and responsible. That means a lot to me.

A week or so ago, two cheerleaders and Gwyneth Paltrow's guest character played and sang "Landslide" in a moment of sapphic love. Later, Paltrow's character (a sex ed counselor) said she loved "getting her Stevie Nicks on."

If they do a whole Rumours show I'm wondering who will get to sing what? I can see the leads singing "Go Your Own Way" and "Dreams" but who will sing "Oh Daddy"? Who will take on "Gold Dust Woman"?
It's probably impossible to guess--so many of these decisions will be based on the plot of the moment (Who's in love? Who's been jilted?). Still, loads of fun to guess, and I'm in the mood to procrastinate.
I've starred the predictions I have the strongest feeling about.

Second Hand News--Will or Puck
Dreams--Quinn*
Never Going Back again--Will or Puck
Don't Stop--Group Number
Go Your Own Way--Finn
Songbird--Kurt*
The Chain--Group number, solo to Rachel
You Make Loving Fun--Rachel (maybe Artie if they're feeling risky)
I Don't Want to Know--The couple of the moment (Finn and Rachel or Quinn)
Oh Daddy--Rachel
Gold Dust Woman--Santana*
Old 03-19-2011, 03:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mezzoforte View Post
It's probably impossible to guess--so many of these decisions will be based on the plot of the moment (Who's in love? Who's been jilted?). Still, loads of fun to guess, and I'm in the mood to procrastinate.
I wonder if a couple of them will try to recreate the album pose in some way.

Michele