User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 11-30-2022, 11:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
I'm at work and just numb and sort of in shock.

I'm crying on the inside.
The same. I was nauseous and light headed the whole time i as at work today which is where I was when I heard the news. It was such a terrible place to be. I debated telling my boss how devestated I was. But decided not to.

I wouldÂ’ve put a lot of money on Chris and Mick living by age the longest
Of them all. I just always envisioned that. Both in their early 90s at least. They just seemed really healthy. That just intensifies the shock and sadness.

But despite being a 15 out of 10 on the sadness scale, I must say IÂ’m still very content with what I got to witness. 3 tours and 5 more Fleetwood Mac songs are a straight up miracle in my book.

He Will Burn You Down
Old 11-30-2022, 11:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I don't recall having seen this interview at the time, so thought I'd share here. It's dated from this past June (9 June 2022) so one of her last.

https://www.theguardian.com/music/20...perform-better
Old 11-30-2022, 11:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

16 Essential Christine McVie Songs

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/m...nd-1234639002/

maybe an argument about her best songs will help cut the sadness...
Old 11-30-2022, 11:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Catdancer View Post
She was quite unique and a breath of fresh air between the often dark songs of Lindsey and Nicks. I missed that on SYW.

That 1984 show was great. I haven't seen her live because I was living in Europe at the time and she didn't tour there but the video of it was awesome.

Now that she's gone, there is no more FM. When she left in '98 there was always that little sparkle of hope that she'd return and she did. But now... FM is no more.

Hang in there, my friend and try to have fun at your last gig. She would have wanted you to have fun.
She was the balance that made it all work.

Somebody made me a DVD of the 1984 concert a few years ago. I've watched it many times. I have the vhs tape also, that I bought on ebay years before.

I NEVER dreamed that she'd return. It was too good to be true.

Thank you.
Old 11-30-2022, 11:41 PM
Senior Ledgie

I'm still working on processing this news, and I'm not doing well at doing that. All I can say now is that I'll miss her more than I can put into words. Like so many others, I cry listening to her music, but I can only imagine the grief and pain those her knew her feel. And so the light of one of our precious fireflies has been extinguished, but we will always feel the warming glow of it around us whenever we hear her voice. Rest in peace, dear Songbird.

I haven't visited this forum in far too long a time. I guess I needed to put the band away in my mind for a while after everything that went down. None of that matters right now. I still have love in store for all of them. Always did.

"No one ever leaves, everyone stays close 'till the fire fades..."
Old 11-30-2022, 11:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Even though she was 79, which is like 99 in rock star years, I was shocked and saddened by Christine's passing. I pulled out an obscure Christine compilation and listened to it from beginning to end this evening. She sure made the world a happier place.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ybS...ew?usp=sharing

Last edited by SpyNote; 11-30-2022 at 11:49 PM..
Old 12-01-2022, 12:25 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Another interview she did this past summer, June 2022. Anyone know why she would have been doing a flurry of media in June this year? I can't think of anything new... was this around the time her catalog sold??

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/m...-word-1367214/

I'm not sure I ever saw this. In it she clarifies that her back issue is scoliosis. She's asked if she ever thought of writing a book and she says she has, but that it would have to be funny which would require her brother's involvement with it.

The last bit seems to indicate not a long-term health issue other than her back, but who knows:

Are you working on any new songs right now?
No, not at the moment. I’m not doing anything right now. I’m just trying to get my back better and get myself into decent shape again.

What exactly is wrong with your back?
It’s scoliosis. Some days it’s better than others, but it’s not much fun.

What are your goals over the next few years?
Stay alive, hopefully. Well, I’ll be 80 next year. So, I’m just hoping for a few more years, and we’ll see what happens.
Old 12-01-2022, 12:35 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
yes I was trying to piece together some of the timeline..if Stevie/they were told she was sick (I'm guessing in hospital but who really knows) Saturday and then Lindsey's cryptic tweet from yesterday (Nov 29)... and then the official announcement today... I hope that is a reflection of how swiftly it happened, for Chris's sake... But she may also have been very private about any health issue and not told the others... I mentioned in the Christine thread that this possibly makes other recent events make some new sense, like her clearing out a lot of her old things and putting them up for auction, selling her catalog etc... maybe in addition to just getting older she knew something else...

It's hard to process how that smashes any re-convening of the five....forever.
Yes, I also look at the auction in a different light now. When I heard about it, my response was, “Christine, what in the devil??” That dress she wore on the cover. I was apalled to think it was up for sale.Now, I reflect. Maybe she wanted to pass some things on to the world. She gave her family the possessions that mattered most to her, maybe she wanted the public to get
a few things.

For once, I am glad that Stevie is loquacious. If we get more details from someone, it will be her in her next interview. I still remember her saying she answered the phone and had to tell Lindsey about his dad. I know some day she will tell us about the call she got about Chris.
Old 12-01-2022, 12:37 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
What are your goals over the next few years?
Stay alive, hopefully. Well, I’ll be 80 next year. So, I’m just hoping for a few more years, and we’ll see what happens.
Well, now I feel worse than before, if possible.
Old 12-01-2022, 12:49 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Well, now I feel worse than before, if possible.
Same. Hoping for a few more years...
Old 12-01-2022, 01:17 AM
Senior Ledgie

I played "Honey Hi" tonight over and over because i always felt that song was so Christine.

I remember always thinking Prince was going to make that huge comeback album...then he passed.

And I always hoped Fleetwood Mac just might surprise us and make that one last album with the classic 5. Another dream never to be.

I could write hours of special Christine memories...but I'll just share a couple. I remember when the video surfaced of her playing on stage at Fleetwood's after thinking i'd NEVER see her play again. I cried and cried.

And then when she went on stage with the band in London. So many tears. I couldn't believe it.

Truthfully...everything with Christine that came from 2013 onward was an extra gift. The "On With The Show" tour...the Songbird collection...the Buckingham McVie album and tour. I remember watching them on stage and I just couldn't believe I was seeing Chrstine McVie in person, on a stage, singing new songs.

So Christine, thanks for getting back on that airplane in 2012/2013 and for gifting us with more years of music.
Old 12-01-2022, 04:00 AM
Addicted Ledgie

To me, her death signals that Fleetwood Mac is really over.
Old 12-01-2022, 04:17 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Another interview she did this past summer, June 2022. Anyone know why she would have been doing a flurry of media in June this year? I can't think of anything new... was this around the time her catalog sold??
Her Songbird album may have been released at that time.
Old 12-01-2022, 04:35 AM
Addicted Ledgie

One thing that gives me pleasure is that thanks to macfan4life posting that Australian video, just this month I had shared it with people in email and gone off on a tirade about how some idiot could sit 5 feet away from a musician like Chris and ask about the credibility of a band with “ladies“ in it. So I had been boring people, who were not FM fans and did not care, with my indignation about her brilliance quite recently and didn’t have to start afresh today. They already knew.

Having watched the last CNN clip on her 20 times , I’m about to go to bed. I might’ve been ready for this to happen five years from now. But today was not the day.
Old 12-01-2022, 04:42 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

I woke up this morning still in shock. The world seems colder and darker. I suppose because of how long her dad lived, I expected her to live well into the 80s.
Its also better to leave on your own terms instead of years of decline IMHO. She was oddly quiet about the auction after she or her people sent out that cryptic tweet about the Rumours dress.
So much happened this year with Songbirds release, interviews, auction, and Grammy nomination. It was supposed to be a good year