The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-15-2017, 09:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Surely the third disc will include some (I don't think they would all fit) of the 12" remixes? I'd be surprised if the demo of "Everywhere" wasn't included since it was broadcast on a radio show back in the day. I'd also like to hear the alternate version of "When I See You Again" featuring Stevie and Lindsey singing the original two-part harmony during the fade-out (before Stevie had her vocal deleted).
Old 01-15-2017, 11:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

The disc 3 better not be the embarrassingly bad concert with the non stop Stevie close ups. SO cringeworthy. Did she see that final edit and approve it? I remember getting it back in the day and couldn't ever watch it again because I got such douche chills watching it. Of course Miss Nicks loves a good close up of herself.
Old 01-16-2017, 02:38 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondhandchain View Post
The disc 3 better not be the embarrassingly bad concert with the non stop Stevie close ups. SO cringeworthy. Did she see that final edit and approve it? I remember getting it back in the day and couldn't ever watch it again because I got such douche chills watching it. Of course Miss Nicks loves a good close up of herself.
I'd bet big money that THAT'S what it is- because that's exactly what the Mirage live disc was. The Mirage tour ~video~ audio. The broadcast version. No extra songs. Note for note, word for word. Cheap/LAZY asses!!! $86 retail, and the lazy asses couldn't even give us something we've not heard a million times?!?!
Old 01-16-2017, 02:00 PM

A New Remastered and Expanded Edition of Fleetwood Mac Classic, Tango In The Night, Planned For February

Fleetwood Mac has enjoyed a multi-lineup career that is still an active one. Once begun with Peter Green, the changes eventually led to their most successful lineup that included Lindsey Buckingham, and Stevie Nicks. The self-titled debut album for that particular lineup generated four hits and sold more than six million copies. Its follow-up, Rumours, went even further with sales of over 25 million copies and four more high charting singles. Eventually, they began to level off with the disappointment of Tusk. But with subsequent releases, Fleetwood Mac still generated singles and sold well in albums sales.

By 1987, the band released Tango In The Night. That album produced four singles, with the biggest ones being "Big Love", and "Little Lies" (my favorite).The album went on to sell more than 8 million copies.

Last year, Fleetwood Mac released a remastered and expanded edition of Mirage. On February 24, Rhino Records will revisit Tango In The Night with its own remastered and expanded edition. In addition to a single CD release of the album, there will be a 2CD Edition with the additional CD filled with demos, alternate takes, instrumentals, and non-album B-sides (see track-list below). there will also be the obligatory digital downloads. But the grand prize for the hard core fans will be a 3CD/DVD/1LP Super Deluxe package.

With the previous release of Mirage, the DVD contained high-resolution tracks, and, of course, the vinyl LP makes aficionados pleased. The 3rd CD, while not noted as to content, will likely follow Mirage's example with a full concert from the period.

As a bonus, Christine McVie, and Lindsey Buckingham have planned the release of a duet album much like Buckingham did with Stevie Nicks. There is no release date on that as of yet.

Tango In The Night " Fleetwood Mac

CD1 (Original Album Remastered):
01. Big Love (Remastered)
02. Seven Wonders (Remastered)
03. Everywhere (Remastered)
04. Caroline (Remastered)
05. Tango in the Night (Remastered)
06. Mystified (Remastered)
07. Little Lies (Remastered)
08. Family Man (Remastered)
09. Welcome To The Room Sara (Remastered)
10. Isn't It Midnight (Remastered)
11. When I See You Again (Remastered)
12. You And I, Pt. II (Remastered)

CD2 (Bonus Tracks):
01. Down Endless Street (Remastered)
02. Special Kind of Love (Demo)
03. Seven Wonders (Early Version)
04. Tango in the Night (Demo)
05. Mystified (Alternate Version)
06. Book of Miracles (Instrumental)
07. Where We Belong (Demo)
08. Ricky (Remastered)
09. Juliet (Run-Through)
10. Isn't It Midnight (Alternate Mix)
11. Ooh My Love (Demo)
12. Mystified (Instrumental Demo)
13. You And I, Part II (Full Version)

http://www.carmitimes.com/blogs/2017...d-for-february
Old 01-16-2017, 11:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Flying saucer?

While looking at high resolution scans of Tango
I noticed something that I don't remember seeing
before. Above the three elephants (ROLL TIDE)
there's a flying saucer.

Thirty years later maybe my memory is going.
Old 01-17-2017, 10:47 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Street_Dreamer View Post
Doesn't seem to come up on Amazon anymore. Wonder what's up?
Old 01-17-2017, 12:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Yup, Amazon pulled the links. I wonder if the "Buckingham McVie" LA Times article had anything to do with it. Maybe Stevie put the breaks on that and will be finally making time to go back into the studio to record that FLEETWOOD MAC record.
Old 01-17-2017, 12:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpyNote View Post
Yup, Amazon pulled the links. I wonder if the "Buckingham McVie" LA Times article had anything to do with it. Maybe Stevie put the breaks on that and will be finally making time to go back into the studio to record that FLEETWOOD MAC record.
That would be nice (I think?). Part of me was thinking that maybe the talk of Stevie not being involved and "Buckingham/McVie" was just a way to generate buzz for a release with all 5 of them, but who knows.
Old 01-17-2017, 12:40 PM

Probably it's just a tracklist problem, since the one they gave us before was just partial it was a temporary one anyway, something may have been changed.
Or it may even be that there's a problem with the source material and the due date is to be postponed.

Last edited by SisterNightroad; 01-17-2017 at 01:04 PM..
Old 01-17-2017, 12:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by paleshadow View Post
That would be nice (I think?). Part of me was thinking that maybe the talk of Stevie not being involved and "Buckingham/McVie" was just a way to generate buzz for a release with all 5 of them, but who knows.
It's funny (in an ironic way) that it seems like the Tango in the Night sessions all over again, where the rest of the band is working on the album except for Stevie and the band is growing impatient with her because she's doing her solo thing.
Old 01-17-2017, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpyNote View Post
Haha!! Stand back!!
Old 01-17-2017, 02:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Stevie can't prevent the record company from releasing the Expanded Edition of Tango in the Night. Listings come and go from Amazon all the time before the release date.

The conspiracy theories continue, however... and since they're all targeted against Stevie, here's another one: maybe the other band members put a stop to Tango's rerelease because they don't want their 'duet' album to be released so close to the release of a REAL Fleetwood Mac album.
Old 01-17-2017, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
Stevie can't prevent the record company from releasing the Expanded Edition of Tango in the Night. Listings come and go from Amazon all the time before the release date.

The conspiracy theories continue, however... and since they're all targeted against Stevie, here's another one: maybe the other band members put a stop to Tango's rerelease because they don't want their 'duet' album to be released so close to the release of a REAL Fleetwood Mac album.
Lebron James doesn't like Tango because the cover looks tropical and reminds him of the black mark on his career of Miami.
Old 01-17-2017, 02:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post

TIME was a REAL FM album.
Just so you know...
Old 01-17-2017, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
TIME was a REAL FM album.
Just so you know...
Poor poor Stevie... you're lucky she even sings for you bastards!!!

Last edited by jbrownsjr; 01-17-2017 at 03:19 PM..