Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 07-13-2006, 07:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Ohh FM on I Love the 70's part 2 1976

It was really funny. I just get warm feelings whenever people say nice things about FM.

It did get a little dirty but oh well, it was still exciting.
Old 07-13-2006, 07:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm recording it tonight here. Cant wait to see it.
Old 07-13-2006, 09:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

I MISSED THIS ONE how did they refer to them?~
Old 07-13-2006, 09:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Fighting foh the Nohthun Stah...NO SPEED LIMIT! BITCH! THIS IS THE FAST LANE!!!

yeah, what'd they say? For the cable challenged.

Whehyll I can do EHYT!! Wehyll I can make it WAHN moh thihme! (wheyllit'sA reayllongwaytogooo! To say goodbhiiy!) -
Old 07-14-2006, 12:52 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I didn't catch the whole thing, but the only FM part I saw was mentioning the guitar gods of 1977......Lindsey, Ted Nuisance, and.......I've already forgotten the third!
Old 07-14-2006, 01:16 AM
Senior Ledgie

Oh, good, they mentioned him for '77! Man, no one could top Frampton in '76, could they?

It was a very nice piece - I always worry when Fleetwood Mac is mentioned on programs because for some reason, a lot of people just file it under corporate rock...but I forgot how big of a hard on VH1 has for them. I applaud that, VH1, and salute you! Of course, I felt silly because I was geeking out so and realized I was wearing my Fleetwood Mac penguin shirt (with stain repelling properties!) so I felt I was the girl who wore the shirt of the band she went to see...

The fact that people said Christine was hot made me day.

Last edited by JunkFoodGenius; 07-14-2006 at 01:18 AM..
Old 07-14-2006, 01:28 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Fighting foh the Nohthun Stah...NO SPEED LIMIT! BITCH! THIS IS THE FAST LANE!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JunkFoodGenius
Oh, good, they mentioned him for '77! Man, no one could top Frampton in '76, could they?

It was a very nice piece - I always worry when Fleetwood Mac is mentioned on programs because for some reason, a lot of people just file it under corporate rock...but I forgot how big of a hard on VH1 has for them. I applaud that, VH1, and salute you! Of course, I felt silly because I was geeking out so and realized I was wearing my Fleetwood Mac penguin shirt (with stain repelling properties!) so I felt I was the girl who wore the shirt of the band she went to see...

The fact that people said Christine was hot made me day.

Whehyll I can do EHYT!! Wehyll I can make it WAHN moh thihme! (wheyllit'sA reayllongwaytogooo! To say goodbhiiy!) -
Old 07-14-2006, 01:59 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JunkFoodGenius
You didn't see it?????? Frampton WAS the one who announced who the three best guitarists were. If you didn't see it, that's KOOKYTALK!
Old 07-14-2006, 02:51 AM
Addicted Ledgie

OK so what did they say??? Anyone?

They really flew through showing those years, today they were only showing 1970 so I thought 77 wouldn't come for a while. Why were they mentioned for 76?
Old 07-14-2006, 10:24 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie
You didn't see it?????? Frampton WAS the one who announced who the three best guitarists were. If you didn't see it, that's KOOKYTALK!
I watched '76 where they did the bit on FM and I thought, "Ah, Lindsey will be named guitar god!" but Frampton named himself a god.
Old 07-14-2006, 10:38 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I'll have to catch the rerun - I did see LB on 1977 - Frampton said, "Lindsey Buckingham of Fleetwood Mac-finger' pickin' divinity."
Old 07-14-2006, 11:29 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Thumbs down Bleh

Loni Love kept saying Christie McVay. AAAAAHHHHH!!! They are all "I love FM...and Christie McVay was great."

Sigh....the only good thing was Frampton saying Lindsey was "finger-pickin' divinity".
Old 07-14-2006, 04:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Which volume? I was watching it off and on all morning. They are on 75 right now. 76 or 77????
(Sorry for some reason, I got just the last post...didn't see all the priors. oops)

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Old 07-14-2006, 05:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Okay, they were just on, and it was hillarious.

They had Loni Love (omg I love her) saying something like "Fleetwood Mac was a bunch of people that was f*cking eachother.. they had Lindsey and Stevie Nicks, and John and Christina McVeigh, and there was Mick Fleetwood - he wasn't gettin' nobody."

Then they did the whole "Who was hotter: Stevie or Christine" thing. That awesome British gay man from Barney's said Christine, because she's "like 6'4", and if you were with her at a bar and someone tried to mess with you, she'd **** them up." Some chick said Chris looked more like a handsome man, but seriously, she was kinda rough-looking around Rumours/Tusk (lest we not forget the Mirage/solo album eyemakeup), and looks much hotter nowadays. Then that weird-lookin' dude (skinny balding man with reddish hair and goatee) said Stevie was hotter, but Christine had more of a sexual innuendo to her last name. lolz.

Yeah, that's all I can remember. But, in short, I love Loni Love, and the fact that they showed "Afternoon Delight" after FM was pretty much the highlight of my life.

By the way - what happened, Frampton? You used to be so adorable! His comment about Lindsey was kind of dirty. Hee.
Old 07-14-2006, 10:37 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by xdreamsunwindx
Then they did the whole "Who was hotter: Stevie or Christine" thing. That awesome British gay man from Barney's said Christine, because she's "like 6'4", and if you were with her at a bar and someone tried to mess with you, she'd **** them up." Some chick said Chris looked more like a handsome man, but seriously, she was kinda rough-looking around Rumours/Tusk (lest we not forget the Mirage/solo album eyemakeup), and looks much hotter nowadays. Then that weird-lookin' dude (skinny balding man with reddish hair and goatee) said Stevie was hotter, but Christine had more of a sexual innuendo to her last name. lolz.

Yeah, that's all I can remember. But, in short, I love Loni Love, and the fact that they showed "Afternoon Delight" after FM was pretty much the highlight of my life.
Hey, no dissin' the Doon - Simon Doonen! And I agree - if I am in a fight, I want Christine to be on my side. I want to go shopping with that man! The ginger was Greg Fitzsimmons.

I loved the "Afternoon Delight...Fleetwood Mac! What...wait, that wasn't Fleetwood Mac?" I can imagine any of the members seeing that and having a small piece of them die. I die a little when people know I have Afternoon Delight on my iPod.