The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-20-2018, 12:06 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Dear Ledgie(TAG) who sent me a PM, I just threw one away(of 40 allowed - what is this, 1995?)(all that I have are cherished? memories here, and I hate to delete them).

Please send it again.
Old 01-20-2018, 01:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
I remember back in 2005 you threatened me with a strike. It was the only time that had ever happened here, and I got so upset! I was sure I was on the road to being banned! LOL! I now realize how I overreacted at the time. Overall, you were a good mod.
Well thank you Nancy. I have forgotten about so much of this stuff. It's funny to revisit. I was okay unless I was talking about politics, playing devil's advocate or straight up trolling. And then there were times where I was just stupid so there's that.
Old 01-20-2018, 01:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GypsySorcerer View Post
Wow, I had forgotten about a lot of that history. I didn't start posting here until around 2003-ish, so I missed the "Black Ledge" and the Arizona Ranger saga. I did briefly post on Seven Wonders, but I found the atmosphere childish and not worth my time (people trying to get karma points or some sh*t). As far as the other mass exodus from the Ledge, I was only vaguely aware of what was going on. A bunch of people left, I was busy doing other things, etc. I will never post as much as I did around 2004-2006, but I can't bring myself to leave totally. Old habits and all that.
I think Arizona Ranger did show back up here when you were a regular under another name. I think he might have been the same guy that was trying to sell "Stevie's underwear" on ebay for a while.
Old 01-20-2018, 01:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Black Ledge was before my time(2003) here, but around 2007 was when there was also a mass exodus, with several other boards started, by disgruntled members who left. Yes, I was one of them, but came back after a couple? years.
The Ledge is actually a perfect reflection of Fleetwood Mac itself. We fight, we complain, members leave and start their own thing, but it's ultimately the music (The Chain, if you will) that keeps us all together and coming back for more.

Last edited by SpyNote; 01-20-2018 at 01:17 PM..
Old 01-20-2018, 04:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gldstwmn View Post
I think Arizona Ranger did show back up here when you were a regular under another name. I think he might have been the same guy that was trying to sell "Stevie's underwear" on ebay for a while.
Arizona put in another appearance after having been banned under the old 3 strike rule using the silly name "eaglesmac". until he was discovered and booted again. He has to be one of the top 3 worst Fleetwood Mac trolls in the history of the internet .

Old 01-20-2018, 04:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyMI View Post
What annoys me is when people automatically HATE everything Stevie does after 1983 because she’s not young and fit and sounds like she did in 1983. That’s just dumb. If you don’t like her why call yourself a fan! LOL.
Something that I came to understand a long time ago is that in her prime Stevie Nicks was the most charismatic American rock star since Jim Morrison ..IMO there is no way that she could have sustained that level of performance into middle age and beyond and neither could Morrison had he survived. Once I accepted that I was able to still get a lot of enjoyment out of her later work ad performances.

Old 01-20-2018, 05:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpyNote View Post
The Ledge is actually a perfect reflection of Fleetwood Mac itself. We fight, we complain, members leave and start their own thing, but it's ultimately the music (The Chain, if you will) that keeps us all together and coming back for more.
Excellent analogy of us!!
Old 01-21-2018, 01:05 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I've only ever posted here under this name. I did have another handle on Nancy's board.

The one major troll I remember was Gypsy Rose or something like that. That was wild. Oh, and the one who went by 1/2 insane.
Old 01-21-2018, 01:43 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BombaySapphire3 View Post
Something that I came to understand a long time ago is that in her prime Stevie Nicks was the most charismatic American rock star since Jim Morrison ..IMO there is no way that she could have sustained that level of performance into middle age and beyond and neither could Morrison had he survived. Once I accepted that I was able to still get a lot of enjoyment out of her later work ad performances.
That's very insightful, I had never really considered this but I agree with you!
Ricoh V
Old 01-21-2018, 11:13 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I've only ever posted here under this name. I did have another handle on Nancy's board.

The one major troll I remember was Gypsy Rose or something like that. That was wild. Oh, and the one who went by 1/2 insane.
Dear lort... When we left in 2007, someone said(about someone else), "why does she have to be such a sandy c**t?" And I thought that was about the funniest name I'd ever heard(paints quite the visual in your mind, too). Soooo, my name on one of those replacement boards was Sandy C**t(with actual letters, not *s, because ANYTHING went on those boards).
Old 01-21-2018, 01:17 PM

I love this group and this board.

I don't mind when people disagree with me. I love everyone's passion for Fleetwood Mac. Even the posters that get bent about certain subjects. It's what makes the board so great.
Old 01-21-2018, 02:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:

No, no. I butchered that sentence. What I meant to say was Arizona Ranger was posting under another name while you were a regular here. And as BombaySapphire3 said above he was discovered and booted once again. And yes I remember RoseGypsy who I think was actually dissention and 1/2 insane. Oh my that was some heady stuff.
Old 01-21-2018, 02:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Dear lort... When we left in 2007, someone said(about someone else), "why does she have to be such a sandy c**t?" And I thought that was about the funniest name I'd ever heard(paints quite the visual in your mind, too). Soooo, my name on one of those replacement boards was Sandy C**t(with actual letters, not *s, because ANYTHING went on those boards).
That's funny.
Old 01-21-2018, 02:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
That's funny.
I have the sense of humor of a 12 year old boy.
Old 01-21-2018, 04:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyMI View Post
So one of the the members created another BBS (Ebullition Board System) identical to the Ledge at the time. Their Mascot was a Troll doll, and the name was Black Ledge.
Ahhh, yes . . . I think I do remember the Black Ledge.

Quote:
Someone who was a "spy" in the Black Ledge group gave the secret link to someone on the regular Ledge and posted it on the Main Ledge So everyone could read all the mean things being said.
Ahhhh, yes . . . I think it's coming back to me.

moviekinks.blogspot.com