Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-23-2015, 05:21 PM
Registered

Default Long Island 1/25

Anyone have info on this show? Is it cancelled? I mean there is going to be a funeral for his mom so is he going to england or wherever his mom lived?
Old 01-24-2015, 12:19 AM
Addicted Ledgie

His mom lived in Hawaii, although you make a good point. She might want to be buried in England. But I don't think they'll cancel any shows.

Michele
Old 01-24-2015, 07:50 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

It would be shocking if they did not cancel any shows. But with her age and this long tour, you can expect something like this was talked about if it would happen. I remember the interview Mick did in Hawaii just prior to the tour being kicked off and his mother was there talking and I was like WOW she is in good shape for her age. That's the only way I could see how Mick could go on is if somehow she told him if anything happens (because they can sometimes know) please go on and continue what you love to do.
Old 01-24-2015, 05:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Smile

I can tell you this, if there is a show, then I will be there with bells on!!!
Old 01-25-2015, 02:31 PM
Registered

Tonight! Who's going? I am!
Old 01-25-2015, 04:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Have fun that who ever is going tonight.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 01-25-2015, 04:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

More than a few 2nd and 3rd row seats on StubHub below cost right now.
Old 01-25-2015, 04:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Question for floor seat experts: If I buy on one of the sides (not the center floor section but one to the left or right), is the view still good? Or are you too far to the side?
Old 01-25-2015, 04:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bethelblues View Post
Question for floor seat experts: If I buy on one of the sides (not the center floor section but one to the left or right), is the view still good? Or are you too far to the side?
In A1, you want a HIGH seat number, i.e. seat 14 is on the inner aisle.

In C1, you want a low seat number, i.e. seat 1 is on the inner aisle.
Old 01-25-2015, 04:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eugene View Post
In A1, you want a HIGH seat number, i.e. seat 14 is on the inner aisle.

In C1, you want a low seat number, i.e. seat 1 is on the inner aisle.
Gotcha, thanks! I also have to convince my companion to do floor. She's worried about standing the whole show lol

Last edited by bethelblues; 01-25-2015 at 04:45 PM..
Old 01-26-2015, 12:39 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Smile

I was there and absolutely loved it! This was my first FM show so it was very special and fun for me.

I'm surprised which number was my favorite. It was actually "Little Lies!"
The band is amazingly tight on that song. Especially towards the end.

"The Chain" and "You Make Loving Fun" were also, of course, amazingly tight; especially with the interplay between John and Mick.

"Rhiannon" and "GDW" - - well, they were good, of course. It may not have been the very best performances of those two songs that they've ever done. But they didn't exactly drop the ball with them - maybe you could say they just "went through the motions." I enjoyed them just the same.

The rest is pretty much exactly what you might expect - "Landslide" and "Songbird" were, of course, very touching; "Go Your Own Way" and "Don't Stop" were very energetic, etc.

Mick was of course incredible on drums - didn't miss a beat - literally, I think. Even Though. He seemed okay. I think maybe he got more into it as the show progressed. He seemed a little "hunched over" for the first two or three songs but that got better as the show progressed. I think maybe he got more into it after a while and hopefully even had some fun. His energy definitely picked up a bit, I think.

Oh - and there's a report that

"the Mac is BACK!!!"

Last edited by Ghost_Tracker; 01-26-2015 at 12:42 AM..
Old 01-26-2015, 03:18 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I was there too!! I took the advice and got floor seats, my first time ever being so close to them. Everything was amazing, except for the venue. The parking system was so rough and backed up to get in I was only able to catch the end of The Chain as I was entering the arena and had to listen to You Make Loving Fun as we were trying to find how to reach the floor. I missed the crickets and The Chain is one of my favorites, so that was a total bummer, but the show did not disappoint in the slightest.

It seemed to go by so quickly. Now that I think back, it was hard for any song to really stay with me or make a strong impact because they move on so quickly. And I know the songs so well, I'm not sure I'm remembering what I just experienced or some other memory of the song. I feel bad calling it a blur, but that's what happens in a concert. I loved Stevie's little addition to Landslide: "And if you see my reflection in the snow....tomorrow." We in the NY area are getting a huge blizzard. Lindsey was so entertaining and amusing to watch. He's got the serious nodding face and then he shoots glances at people. He's not what I would call a "cool" guitar player in terms of composure and presence, but he has no qualms looking like a dork skipping around. I love how he works the stage. He was sitting on the speaker during the end part of Stevie's Gypsy story and talking to the crowd; he also gave handshakes at the end. I wish he didn't do Never Going Back Again and Tusk as slow as he does...I miss the original version of the former and the faster Tusk of around 2004. He sure does like to heighten the drama, I just would prefer more momentum.

I think Christine sounds great. And Stevie too. There must be something about arena acoustics vs. how they sounded on the Today Show outside; shame the band had to deal with Internet comments. Both demonstrated great tone and control in their singing. I noticed Christine didn't struggle on any higher parts and saw her do a little trick of making an upward motion to hit "I'm not about" in Don't Stop. She was strong throughout and it's like she never left. She's so comfortable, and what a skilled and natural-born musician as we know! So happy to see her getting much deserved attention. Stevie went for some big notes. She did something interesting in the second refrain of Dreams holding out a note. And in Gold Dust or Gypsy was going big but just took down the very last note of a phrase when I thought she was going to hit it---I need to see the videos to find the exact point. At the end of Gold Dust, her voice was distorted. I don't think I picked up on that from the last tour. We thought she nailed Silver Springs.

There may have been a few dead spots. You need the hits for the audience. Most people sit down on the floor when they don't know a song and the energy temporarily evaporates. I noticed that for the first time with I Know I'm Not Wrong, though it is for sure upbeat and fun. Sisters still doesn't rock, but Lindsey and Christine were looking at each other for the instrumental refrain. I wish I had been alive to see how they used to perform that song; it's the side of the band the critics forget, that they really rocked. I agree with Ghost_Tracker about Little Lies. They sound great together, and Lindsey's guitar solo really fits. I got similar vibes with the harmonies and how great the ensemble musicianship is for Say You Love Me and Over My Head as well. I basically heart any time they are just jamming, no singing, and I can hear all the parts.

I thought the band rapport was very very positive. Lindsey was nesting his head in Christine's chest, he knocked against John's head, he and Mick were joking during Stevie's Gypsy speech. Christine and John had a few words. Stevie and John connected a few times. Stevie and Lindsey were singing to each other and holding hands. Stevie's "Op" sound in World Turning's second verse. Even the background musicians looked totally into it...Brett in World Turning. Sharon looked so skinny against the bright screen. I don't know if any of this is new, but I had a blast seeing it up close. Everyone was having fun, and it was contagious.

Last edited by bethelblues; 01-26-2015 at 04:31 AM..
Old 01-26-2015, 02:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bethelblues View Post
I was there too!! I took the advice and got floor seats, my first time ever being so close to them. Everything was amazing, except for the venue. The parking system was so rough and backed up to get in I was only able to catch the end of The Chain as I was entering the arena and had to listen to You Make Loving Fun as we were trying to find how to reach the floor. I missed the crickets and The Chain is one of my favorites, so that was a total bummer, but the show did not disappoint in the slightest.
Glad you had a great time. When you were waiting to get in and could HEAR the songs but not see them, that must have driven you crazy. But it sounds like you had a fantastic night anyway. So great.

Michele
Old 01-26-2015, 03:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Glad you had a great time. When you were waiting to get in and could HEAR the songs but not see them, that must have driven you crazy. But it sounds like you had a fantastic night anyway. So great.

Michele
Yeah, it took me a second to realize where they were in The Chain. I was aggravated when they were already on "Chain keep us together" and I couldn't see them. Then, when we were going down the stairs inside the arena, we could watch and listen as they were performing You Make Loving Fun. I have to say it was so exhilarating, since we started pretty far away and kept getting closer and closer to the stage to the driving beat of the song. They were no longer dots in the distance and were real people lol!
Old 01-26-2015, 03:34 PM
Registered

I got backed up in parking too. Landslide was dedicated to her dad and to us. During landslide she said "Tomorrow" after "In The Snow Covered..."

Pre-show an acoustic "Think About Me" played which was totally lindsey's fingerpicking.

Stevie's voice was the best it's been all tour, it sounds just like it did in the 1980s. It's very pithy so it sounds like it used to.

Stevie had a little bit of trouble at the beginning of Rhiannon with the mic.

I left right after Don't Stop to avoid traffic on the way out