User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-25-2010, 01:55 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SapphireSister View Post
Does anybody know of a video of Goodbye Baby performed on the SYW tour that is particulary emotional? I saw the show 5 times and know she was particularly sad during one of them but can't remember which.
Reno is the one where she asked Lindsey to take over the song.

For most emotional, I liked the BTM where she says she hopes Lindsey can find it in his heart to make music with her again. Of course, she might not have been that emotional in that one. Maybe it was my most emotional!

Michele
Old 09-25-2010, 02:18 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Reno is the one where she asked Lindsey to take over the song.

For most emotional, I liked the BTM where she says she hopes Lindsey can find it in his heart to make music with her again. Of course, she might not have been that emotional in that one. Maybe it was my most emotional!

Michele
can someone please repost the mp3 ... i've lost mine (the Nevada show, not the BTM lol)
Old 09-25-2010, 04:27 AM
Registered

The Red Rocks version of BATB is particularly emotional to me. It's also my fav version of the song. It's not on YouTube, but you can watch it here. The wails are beautiful, and the "tell her now" at about 6:03 kills me every time.

All the same, baby. All the same.

"You never know what I'll do. I've resequenced my show. I'm a master at sequencing. I'm the one who sequenced for Fleetwood Mac. I sequenced 'Rumours.' Everyone loves my sequences. They're fun.''
Old 09-25-2010, 04:31 AM
Registered

Oh - and now that I'm thinking about it, her performance of "Insider" with Tom Petty on the Gatorville DVD is really moving:

And we can't forget "Say Goodbye" on Lindsey's Soundstage DVD:

OMG WAHHHHHH. Haha.

All the same, baby. All the same.

"You never know what I'll do. I've resequenced my show. I'm a master at sequencing. I'm the one who sequenced for Fleetwood Mac. I sequenced 'Rumours.' Everyone loves my sequences. They're fun.''
Old 09-25-2010, 05:30 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsy4life View Post
I am sitting here with tear streaks down my face. These performances were so beautiful, on a deep level.
I just felt like grabbing her up and hugging her (I think someone else said that as well).
Does anyone know if there is audio available of the entire Symphony concert? I would love to have it in it's entirety, so I could obsess over it for several years!!
I've got it It's a rip from the DVD, I'll try to upload it today for you.
Old 09-25-2010, 05:47 AM
Ledgie

A particularly emotional performance that comes to mind is Landslide, from Irvine in 1982...

It was at a City Of Hope benefit, just after Robin died.

At the end she says "I know she's here" and you can tell she's crying.

So sad
Old 09-25-2010, 08:03 AM
Addicted Ledgie

HBO White wing dove concert, Stevie looked to be struggling to hold back the tears [quivering], while singing Rhiannon. She ended up bursting into tears at the end of that performance. Actually her emotions were all over the place at her final show, excited & happy one minute, then sad the next. BTW thanks again Sahara
Old 09-25-2010, 08:12 AM
Registered

She showed some very endearing emotion on the opening night of the 'Enchanted' tour in Hartford in '98. I believe she had just turned 50 the same week, but I may be off a little on the date. She had some nerves, a little stagefright that night and talked about it, and it was sweet. She looked especially beautiful that night. Edit: 2 hours later- oddly, unpacking a box, mispacked, I found the ticket-stub, May 27, 1998- so it was one day after she turned 50.
I do think most of her 'emotional' performances were back in the '80s, I think for the majority of the 90s and since, her stage presence has been a lot more 'in control' and she doesn't often let herself go with her emotions the way she did early in her career.

Last edited by Nikolaj; 09-25-2010 at 11:24 AM..
Old 09-25-2010, 09:49 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Lightbulb

Quote:
I was listening to an old boot of Beauty and the Beast from a show in 89' today and I could swear she was crying at certain points so I started to think of other emotional moments from our girl.
She actually LAUGHED at herself once. Sorry, I don't have the audio - It was definitely on Youtube though. It was the late 70s, I think, and they were doing Landslide and she starts losing it, starting to cry - and she laughs at herself at the same time like, "OH geez I'm losing it again this is SO ridiculous! "

My personal opinion is that her most emotionally intense performance, both for her and the audience, was Beauty and the Beast in Las Vegas, August, 2005.
"One for the record books."
Old 09-25-2010, 10:53 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrystalVisions6 View Post
A particularly emotional performance that comes to mind is Landslide, from Irvine in 1982...

So sad
Not sure this was the same show or not but it was mid 80's in Irvine Calif. During the edge walk someone took one her rings off her finger. (accidental?) After the song she came back on stage nearly in tears and said one of her rings came off. She said, it is very dear to me as it was my grandmothers/grandfathers (?) if you have it please give it back! My mouth dropped, I felt soooo bad for her! She then completes the setlist! At the end of the show, with a huge smile on her face says, Thank You, thank you! I'll be dammed, someone did give it back!!!! Anyone else there?
Old 09-25-2010, 11:04 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockAlot View Post
Not sure this was the same show or not but it was mid 80's in Irvine Calif. During the edge walk someone took one her rings off her finger. (accidental?) After the song she came back on stage nearly in tears and said one of her rings came off. She said, it is very dear to me as it was my grandmothers/grandfathers (?) if you have it please give it back! My mouth dropped, I felt soooo bad for her! She then completes the setlist! At the end of the show, with a huge smile on her face says, Thank You, thank you! I'll be dammed, someone did give it back!!!! Anyone else there?
This is SO sweet
Old 09-25-2010, 11:27 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikolaj View Post
She showed some very endearing emotion on the opening night of the 'Enchanted' tour in Hartford in '98. I believe she had just turned 50 the same week, but I may be off a little on the date. She had some nerves, a little stagefright that night and talked about it, and it was sweet. She looked especially beautiful that night.
I do think most of her 'emotional' performances were back in the '80s, I think for the majority of the 90s and since, her stage presence has been a lot more 'in control' and she doesn't often let herself go with her emotions the way she did early in her career.
That was a good show!
I was real close at that show (and on crutches). Toward the end of the show she was getting angry because the sound on stage had changed and she did not like it. Lots of side glances to the technician and to Frank (isn't that his name...guitar player) with a 'WTF' expression on her face. At one point, as she was walking from the wings to take the stage for Edge, before the stage lights hit her, she was muttering to herself and wouldn't look at the tech. You could see that she was pissed off.
Old 09-25-2010, 02:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie View Post
The Red Rocks version of BATB is particularly emotional to me. It's also my fav version of the song. It's not on YouTube, but you can watch it here. The wails are beautiful, and the "tell her now" at about 6:03 kills me every time.
AGREED. This is my favourite version of BATB too, although the bit that kills me each time is the note she sings at 5:44. Gorgeous.
Old 09-25-2010, 06:34 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Yes, I am familiar with this one and it is epic! And can I just add that this is the period (WH era) when Stevie was the most beautiful she's ever been in my eyes. There's just something about that time - she wasn't so innocent and hippie/girly like the 70's and not yet showing the effects of her drug use. Not that I don't love her during all eras but this one is to me the most alluring and truly angelic (with just a hint of devil). Sexy, sassy, classy as I like to say. I guess your definition of beauty changes with age and experience but I don't think it's a coincidence that I'm just about the same age as she was here.
This video was the first that sprang to mind for me! And I totally agree with what you're saying.'The Wild Heart' is such a fitting phrase for this period in her life/career. There are moments during this time where you can just hear her heart break while she's singing. It just makes her performances all the more alluring and amazing.
Old 09-25-2010, 09:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrystalVisions6 View Post

So sad

I agree! I cannot hear it without tearing up.