Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-25-2010, 09:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie View Post
The Red Rocks version of BATB is particularly emotional to me. It's also my fav version of the song. It's not on YouTube, but you can watch it here. The wails are beautiful, and the "tell her now" at about 6:03 kills me every time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxd9 View Post
AGREED. This is my favourite version of BATB too, although the bit that kills me each time is the note she sings at 5:44. Gorgeous.
You two are cracking me up. I was kind of obsessed with this version for a long time and listened to it quite often when alone in the car. Both the "tell her now" and the 5:44 wail still choke me up. I used to actually anticipate both those moments in the song. Hee- dork.

I do miss seeing that much emotion in Stevie. Drugs or no drugs, it could not be possible to sing the same songs over and over and bring forth such unrestrained expressiveness. Frankly, I can't imagine how she does it after all these years. But back in the day, she meant that **** when she was singing it.